New Strategy for Deciding Which Park on Which Days?

We are coming from Alaska:) but only if the travel restrictions lift:( my son loves the idea of a more relaxed pace, I hope we hear soon on so many levels!

Fascinating to read about people expecting a more relaxed trip without fast passes.

With talk of virtual queues instead of fast passes, I'm imagining Rise of the Resistance stress everywhere!
Then Universal had their AP days this week, and for a large group of people getting a slot in the virtual line through the app didn't work, and they don't have stand by lines available (just like RotR), so these people simply did not get to go on any of the popular rides all day. This virtual ticket per ride or bust system stresses me more than which park do I get to go into on which day.

Fascinating to read about people expecting a more relaxed trip without fast passes.

With talk of virtual queues instead of fast passes, I'm imagining Rise of the Resistance stress everywhere!
Then Universal had their AP days this week, and for a large group of people getting a slot in the virtual line through the app didn't work, and they don't have stand by lines available (just like RotR), so these people simply did not get to go on any of the popular rides all day. This virtual ticket per ride or bust system stresses me more than which park do I get to go into on which day.
I hope they have CMS to help them then like they do for ROTR. They were positioned everywhere to help people sign up for boarding groups.

So with the new park reservation system, no park hopping is allowed. On top of that it looks like AK is closing at 6pm , MK at 7pm, HS at 8pm, and Epcot at 9PM. What are your guys' plans for what days you will reserve which park?

I have a vacation booked the last 2 weeks of July and we are late risers and late park goers so epcot is going to be the place we will be the most but I had planned on going to the other parks in the morning, taking a midday break, and then having dinner at different places at Epcot originally. Now I am going to be reserving mostly EPCOT days and then pretty much just 1 day each at hs and ak and 2 at mk. One thing that I think is a blessing in disguise is Im usually one that wants to do EVERYTHING so Im always go go go. This will require me to slow down and enjoy my resort stay more because of the shorter hours with no hopping. I think I will find a new appreciation of the hotel aspect that I could never bring myself to do because of all the park hopping and extra hours.

Whatever I can get, which is hopefully at least a day at all of them. Our trip is 8 days, so I am hoping to duplicate some parks.

Just to get there in July for me will be a bonus , so even if park entry will be restricted, I will just be grateful to be there , and in the years to come we can all tell stories to our grandchildren of when Disney dealt with covid

We only have 4 days and 1 day is for universal.
We also have Halloween parry tickets for October 23rd. I am conflicted. Originally we planned a full day at HS and doing MK on the 23rd before the Halloween party too and then AK our last day with a possible quick look at Epcot but now with no hopping I am debating two things:

full day at HS, doing AK before the Halloween party and then Epcot our last day (this means the only time we see MK is for the Halloween party)

or just accepting that we won’t see Epcot. Which is actually okay with me. This is a Hubby and I only trip, I’ve had weight loss surgery so food isn’t a big draw for me, and we plan to go again with kiddos in the future where some of the rides at Epcot will be a must with the kiddos.

so with no hopping we are probably ditching Epcot. But also going to watch and see what happened with shows and stuff. If fireworks come back and no hopping we might try for a full day at MK on a non party day. So many unknowns!

Well, I'm in a total pickle on deciding which parks get a second day! I currently have a 6-day ticket and that leaves 2 parks with a repeat. My kids and I are in agreement that Epcot is a definite repeat. But that's where consensus ended! Ack! My daughter says AK, because it's her favorite park. My son says HS because he wants to ride TOT and RRC over and over again. But then we all kinda think MK deserves a second day as well. What to do???? LOL!

I'm hoping I can upgrade to an AP before reservations open up so then I can reserve them all for a second day. Hopefully, we'll know more about ticket sales when the 30 day window comes around...

I haven't seen anything that says you are guaranteed to get into the park you want to on the date you want.
You will be guaranteed to get into a park if you have a resort reservation and ticket.
Glad our trip isn't until October so we have time to see how this works.
I am sorry if this has been addressed but what if you have non expiring tickets from previous years. They are all park hoppers but are we able to use those?

I am sure that no one has an answer yet, but what if I get a reservation to go to lets say Epcot in the morning, stay there until the afternoon, and then decide to go back to my resort room at the Beach Club to relax. At 6 pm I decide I want to take the short walk to get back into Epcot to spend some more in the park. Is this considered park hopping, or once I get my reservation, am I able to enter and leave the same park as many times as I want during the same day?

I am sure that no one has an answer yet, but what if I get a reservation to go to lets say Epcot in the morning, stay there until the afternoon, and then decide to go back to my resort room at the Beach Club to relax. At 6 pm I decide I want to take the short walk to get back into Epcot to spend some more in the park. Is this considered park hopping, or once I get my reservation, am I able to enter and leave the same park as many times as I want during the same day?

Obviously, I don’t know what Disney‘s procedures will be going forward. But, in the past entering one park, leaving that park, and re-entering that park again on the same day has always been allowed and is not considered park hopping.

I am sorry if this has been addressed but what if you have non expiring tickets from previous years. They are all park hoppers but are we able to use those?
Right now there are reports that travel agents have been told that there will be no park hopping through the rest of 2020. In that scenario I'd imagine that your tickets would still be good for entry to a single park per day.

Right now there are reports that travel agents have been told that there will be no park hopping through the rest of 2020. In that scenario I'd imagine that your tickets would still be good for entry to a single park per day.
Ok..thanks! But aren't they only allowing those with reservations to go into the park? Those with any kind of non expiring passes from previous years would technically not have a reservation? It would seem that if they are trying to control the number of guests, those with old passes could just arrive? (just want to make sure we would have access to the parks if we plan the trip)

Disney says that having a room reservation does not guarantee park entry. I think people seriously need to moderate their expectations if they plan on visiting WDW in 2020.

We have a trip booked for August but we're not sure if we are going to go. COVID-19 cases are rising in all the reopened states, so I also think anything happening right now is subject to change because this is a very fluid situation

Ok..thanks! But aren't they only allowing those with reservations to go into the park? Those with any kind of non expiring passes from previous years would technically not have a reservation? It would seem that if they are trying to control the number of guests, those with old passes could just arrive? (just want to make sure we would have access to the parks if we plan the trip)

Sorry, implied in there was that they would gain you entry if you had a park reservation. As rg35 stated, Disney is not currently guaranteeing entry. I would think that that any existing ticket could be used for to make a park reservation and for subsequent entry. They haven't said otherwise. The only issue would that that you wouldn't be able to park hop.

My thinking is that since Disney is trying to control attendance at the parks, they will have a hard number for each park. As such, once the reservations reach that number, the tap is shut off. Park hopping would interrupt that system, as no one would be able to predict the flow of guests in the second half of the day. Logically, your park attendance is baked in with a reservation, therefore you should be able to exit and return without an issue. Without park hopping, this would really be the only "fair" option, as not everyone can stand/would prefer to be in the parks all day. In normal times, my family takes advantage of EMH in the AM, arriving an hour before. We stay until around noon, when July/August weather gets unbearable, and go back to our resort for swimming, naps, etc. until we go to dinner and another park at night. I, for one, hate the staggered schedule as Epcot will now be a HOT day...but we'll take what we can get. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!