New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read through this and if this question has come up I missed it,
Any thoughts or discussion on how this will impact folks who want to pick up and use tickets prior to the start of their packages?
Will that still happen?

I have read many posts in this thread, but not all of them. This may have already been addressed.
I occasionally purchase tickets from UCT.... 5 day park hoppers, etc. I keep them until we are ready for a trip.
Since ticket prices are always going up, this helps to spread out the cost.
So what happens now for people like me who have already purchased tickets that may not even have an expiration date on them? I even have a day left on a non-expiring park hopper that I have been hoarding.
In addition, I may be going to WDW at the end of December/beginning of January. I was going to purchase these tickets next week before the new program starts. Is this a good idea?

So what happens now for people like me who have already purchased tickets that may not even have an expiration date on them? I even have a day left on a non-expiring park hopper that I have been hoarding.

Nothing should happen to them. They should work as they would have before these changes.

In addition, I may be going to WDW at the end of December/beginning of January. I was going to purchase these tickets next week before the new program starts. Is this a good idea?

Yes, buy your tickets now. Dec will be peak holiday... Since you are not 100% sure you are going then, I would suggest getting tickets that expire at the end of 2019 (UCT has these if you get the eTickets).

I'm staying onsite from Dec 8 through Dec 13 (checking out Dec 14) and staying offsite Dec 14 & 15. I purchased a 7-day PH and was going to use the 7th day on Dec 15, having a no-park day earlier in the week. Today MDE shows that my ticket is only valid through Dec 14. I called them and they said it's just a glitch in the MDE system but reading through this thread, I'm worried that the 7th day of my ticket purchase won't be able to be used on Dec 15. Thought? Suggestions?
You can book for Dec 15 when you are exactly 60 days out. Your FP window isn’t yet open for the 15th because you are offsite that day.

See the FP FAQ Split Stay section.

I apologize, because I'm betting that this has already been asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but are the days gone of buying tickets withOUT a date and then just using them anytime before they expire?

I've read through this and if this question has come up I missed it,
Any thoughts or discussion on how this will impact folks who want to pick up and use tickets prior to the start of their packages?
Will that still happen?
They may have to convert it to a Flexible ticket. No one has specifically mentioned early activation but it’s stated a package ticket is valid during the package stay or its “validation” period, whichever is longer.

With separately linked tickets, guests can upgrade and change dates through MDX without needing to call ticketing.

I apologize, because I'm betting that this has already been asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but are the days gone of buying tickets withOUT a date and then just using them anytime before they expire?
No; beginning October 16th it will become a “Flexible Ticket” for an additional charge. All this info is in the video in Post#1.

You can book for Dec 15 when you are exactly 60 days out. Your FP window isn’t yet open for the 15th because you are offsite that day.

See the FP FAQ Split Stay section.
So you don't think that MDE showing my ticket is only valid through DEc 14, 2018 is a concern? I wasn't so much worried about FP as much as being able to enter a park on that day.

They may have to convert it to a Flexible ticket. No one has specifically mentioned early activation but it’s stated a package ticket is valid during the package stay or its “validation” period, whichever is longer.

With separately linked tickets, guests can upgrade and change dates through MDX without needing to call ticketing.
Right, separate tickets are easy. But lots of folks like to book the Free Dining package and then book room only, come early, activate their tickets, for a few days, so forth, so on.
Wondered if that is going to happen or what.
Bet the Flexible option is what will need to happen unless the dates are in the same pricing range.

Hiro,

Thanks. Sorry, I watched the video and didn't see that part. But then, I stopped paying attention around 1:15. :o

Robo has added info links to the 1st post of the Ticket Sticky.

The directive in the linked page is to purchase your tickets now.
We're going in December and I needed to add 2 days to our tickets due to great flight times of arriving early and leaving late.

Was going to do this when we arrived but called last night and added the 2 extra days. Better safe than sorry!

This is an interesting line from Mousesavers (https://www.mousesavers.com/disney-ticket-changes-coming-october-2018/) on flexible tickets:

"That means that flexible-date tickets will be more expensive than seasonal-priced tickets for any dates you might choose."

I wonder if they have inside info? On the basis of Disney's "informational" video, a lot of people here discussed buying value tickets and adding the $50/ticket "flexible option". The video does clearly state the pricing shown is not actual pricing. Maybe it's going to be much more than $50/ticket?

It could be that flexible tickets are a lot more expensive than even the highest priced peak tickets?

So you don't think that MDE showing my ticket is only valid through DEc 14, 2018 is a concern? I wasn't so much worried about FP as much as being able to enter a park on that day.
If it’s a 7-day PH, it’s going to be valid for Day#7 because you aren’t using it beyond a 14-day period.

Good news for people who go in the “low” seasons as, presumably, it will mean lower priced tickets for those times?

We always do our Universal trips at the beginning or end. Do most really do theirs in the middle of their Disney stay? Why?

We don’t really like to move hotels (done it with 2, 3, 4 hotels) and yes we do. A few days at WDW, a few days of low key stuff mixed in with a few days at Universal, then we like to finish on a Disney high at WDW.

I know others that do with moving in middle to use ME at both ends.

Me too. I can't see many who will see drops. I do believe they will be tied to lower crowd times. While it is far from their sole reason for this change, since clearly that is to make more money, there is a side benefit of hoping to shift crowds some by offering lower prices at times when crowds are currently lower.
This is kind of what I am thinking. I feel like I should go ahead and buy my UCT tickets now for my upcoming trip. Except that I am not positive we are taking the trip. I don't want tickets to expire before I actually go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter