New to Cruising and have some ??'s

torismom

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am thinking of a cruise for dh and myself. Either May or June 2004. Which of these months are the least expensive to cruise during? what other months are less expensive?Is there one better time to cruise versus another time?

we have never been on a cruise before and I would like to begin with a 3 or 4 day. What are the pros and cons to each?

I have been on boats and on a fairly large day cruise ship going from ca to mexico and I was in bad shape from sea sickness. On boats such as the dcl ships is it possible to not feel the movement as much?

The disney ships seem like so much fun and we really want to try this.

Any tips or suggestions for the newbies.

First of all get yourself a good travel agent. While you CAN do things yourself and even get better rates on occasion, you are better off with an agent. No plug for any one in particular, just find one you feel safe.

Next, you certainly will feel the ship, but it's not the constantly rolling you would have experienced in a smaller vessel. There are lots of methods to combat sea sickness. Again, while you can go it alone, your doctor can help you determine an appropriate remedy.

Next, I'd recommend May for pricing and crowding reasons. May you can get better rates generally (and this is not just Disney info). Some kids are still in school, so crowds may be a bit less.

Enjoy the search for info and booking. You won't likely regret deciding to cruise.

Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate your answers.

One more question, when is the best time to book a cruise?

Thanks

Book as early as possible! Rates continue to climb, so the earlier the better. If, by chance, Disney offered a special later on, you can jjust ask for the better price and they will give it to you. I booked 19 months in advance and by sailing time the price was up $1900, I think! Early Early Early!!! All money for deposits are fully refundable until 60 days prior to cruising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter