New to Dining Plan

dancergirlsmom

Mouseketeer
I am planning on adding the DP to our reservation this August for the first time . We are staying our arrival night at AOA. No dining plan. Then the next day moving over to SSR for the next 7 nights (purchasing dining plan). I always do on-line check in so will check in before we move to SSR. Will I be able to use the dining plan the morning of our move for breakfast at AOA? Will we be able to get our refillable mugs from here? Do I need to check out of AOA before it will kick in? Thanks for any help.

I am planning on adding the DP to our reservation this August for the first time . We are staying our arrival night at AOA. No dining plan. Then the next day moving over to SSR for the next 7 nights (purchasing dining plan). I always do on-line check in so will check in before we move to SSR. Will I be able to use the dining plan the morning of our move for breakfast at AOA? Will we be able to get our refillable mugs from here? Do I need to check out of AOA before it will kick in? Thanks for any help.
We just returned from a split stay. We were able to use our DDP and grab our mugs immediately upon check-in at each resort. Checking in activates your credits, including the mugs. You can grab your mugs from any resort quick service location. It does not have to be your home resort. If the credits are showing up, you can use them. You can have a cashier print a copy of your credits at any register, if you are unsure of your balance.

Theoretically, you should be able to use your credits at AOA that morning. In actuality, it doesn’t always work quite right. When you choose your check in time for your second resort make sure to pick an early time so you have a better chance of your credits being activated.

It didn’t work for me initially in Dec when I tried this, but a trip to the front desk (granted a slightly lengthy trip) did solve the problem. It was early enough in the day that the second hotel hadn’t processed my check in yet so even once the front desk checked me out they still had to call the other resort to check me in before credits worked.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hopefully it will work and we can get our mug and a bite to eat before heading over to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter