New "Ultimate Nights" tour that skips Pandora lines

CAS239

Disney Vet Squad ∞
Today, Disney announced “The Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour” for Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a new way to experience the park in the evening. Bookings are now available now for dates beginning October 1st, 2017.

Offered Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, the tour will last up to 4.5 hours and has a maximum of 25 guests in each group. Tour times will vary based on sunset times and Rivers of Light show times.

Included in the tour is priority access at the following attractions:

• Na’vi River Journey
  • Expedition Everest — Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • DINOSAUR
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Rivers of Light
The tour also includes a Satuli Canteen sampler, a beverage (adult or non- alcoholic available) and popcorn.

The cost is $265.19 inc tax per person. A 15% discount is available for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Disney Visa cardholders. Theme park admission is required and not included. For more information, Guests can call 407-WDW-PLAY or visit disneyworld.com.

-courtesy of WDWNT

Thanks.

I see THIS (and early morning Magic) as the way WDW will continue to monetize Fast Passes. Granted their is some value in the "tour", but basically you are paying $42 per fast pass.

It is a shame they require theme park admission in these prices. Not sure why they just don't include it (and price it accordingly) like the do the MK parties. Feels like a waste of the ticket since you are locked into this tour for 1/3 of the day.

With the difficulty to get Fast Passes for FoP and the long wait times for the Avatar rides, feels like this could be a really popular option, though it feels like you'd want a hopper and start your day somewhere else since this basically gives you a quick run through of the major attractions of the park in 4.5 hours!

We'll definitely see something like this for Galaxy's Edge (probably in the form of some tour . giving you time to experience the "land" as a whole) .. and maybe even Toy Story Land (though I would see this as an early morning magic type of thing .. more family oriented with a meal included and maybe some exclusive Meet and Greets with the Toy Story characters)

Thanks.

I see THIS (and early morning Magic) as the way WDW will continue to monetize Fast Passes. Granted their is some value in the "tour", but basically you are paying $42 per fast pass.

It is a shame they require theme park admission in these prices. Not sure why they just don't include it (and price it accordingly) like the do the MK parties. Feels like a waste of the ticket since you are locked into this tour for 1/3 of the day.

With the difficulty to get Fast Passes for FoP and the long wait times for the Avatar rides, feels like this could be a really popular option, though it feels like you'd want a hopper and start your day somewhere else since this basically gives you a quick run through of the major attractions of the park in 4.5 hours!

We'll definitely see something like this for Galaxy's Edge (probably in the form of some tour . giving you time to experience the "land" as a whole) .. and maybe even Toy Story Land (though I would see this as an early morning magic type of thing .. more family oriented with a meal included and maybe some exclusive Meet and Greets with the Toy Story characters)

I assume they don't include the cost of theme park admission b/c then AP holders would feel like they are sort of double paying for admission - and with giving the AP discount seems like they are targeting that group

Just feels really expensive for what you get considering other than the Pandora attractions the other FP aren't really hard to get. If this was something like "$119 for a VIP tour of Pandora for 2 hours" or something, then I could get on board

To me, just another example of that there is a group of guests that just have the money to spend on things like that - because if you look at the "value" of it, it just isn't there but some people won't care about that

I assume they don't include the cost of theme park admission b/c then AP holders would feel like they are sort of double paying for admission - and with giving the AP discount seems like they are targeting that group

Just feels really expensive for what you get considering other than the Pandora attractions the other FP aren't really hard to get. If this was something like "$119 for a VIP tour of Pandora for 2 hours" or something, then I could get on board

To me, just another example of that there is a group of guests that just have the money to spend on things like that - because if you look at the "value" of it, it just isn't there but some people won't care about that

Right, I was shocked it wasn't just Pandora and Rivers of Light with pricing more in line with Early Morning Magic.

I wonder what sort of "details" the tour guides will be giving you. Do you get any backstage animal viewing? It seems to me that between walking between all the rides and riding all those rides (even with skipping the lines) it seems like that would take a good portion of the tour itself, not leaving much time for much else.

Definitely feels like a tour for people who have money to burn and want to experience AK at night without the "burden" of waiting in lines or dealing with Fast Passes like the common folk do. I mean .. this is probably what celebrity families get to do at ALL the parks.

Nothing wrong with this .. to each their own. But still a way I see that Disney can offer extra Fast passes to those willing to pay without really interrupting the regular guest experience. (Just like the Dessert Parties). This type of thing probably comes off better than just having a paid "Fast Pass" (Pay $X a day and get 3 extra fast passes!) since that would be offered to more people and would/could make Standby lines longer and make those who can't afford it feel bad.

Right, I was shocked it wasn't just Pandora and Rivers of Light with pricing more in line with Early Morning Magic.

I wonder what sort of "details" the tour guides will be giving you. Do you get any backstage animal viewing? It seems to me that between walking between all the rides and riding all those rides (even with skipping the lines) it seems like that would take a good portion of the tour itself, not leaving much time for much else.

Definitely feels like a tour for people who have money to burn and want to experience AK at night without the "burden" of waiting in lines or dealing with Fast Passes like the common folk do. I mean .. this is probably what celebrity families get to do at ALL the parks.

Nothing wrong with this .. to each their own. But still a way I see that Disney can offer extra Fast passes to those willing to pay without really interrupting the regular guest experience. (Just like the Dessert Parties). This type of thing probably comes off better than just having a paid "Fast Pass" (Pay $X a day and get 3 extra fast passes!) since that would be offered to more people and would/could make Standby lines longer and make those who can't afford it feel bad.

Fully agree. I also think an issue is people see things like this and the first reaction is "that is crazy money! I can't afford that as part of my regular family vacation!" ... but the thing is, this isn't being offered to be part of a "regular family vacation" - that is why it is limited to 25 people. It's something that would be an extra special treat/special occasion type thing - or for really rich families that all of their vacations are not normal family vacations. Just because Disney starts something doesn't mean it *has* to apply to everyne

It's something that would be an extra special treat/special occasion type thing - or for really rich families that all of their vacations are not normal family vacations. Just because Disney starts something doesn't mean it *has* to apply to everyne

I used to train Reservations Sales Agents at the Disney Reservations Center. One thing we stressed was to never make assumptions about what guests can afford. If a guest asks about a suite at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, you highlight the benefits and provide the cost. You don't say things like: "Are you sure? It's really expensive."

The vast majority of the time, the guest will choke when they hear the price. But, it's a good sales technique because the agent can then suggest similar options (same resort or a villa-style room) with a much, much cheaper price tag.

Anecdote: I used to be the go-to guy for caller demonstrations for New Hire classes. I didn't mind having 15-20 people listening to me while I took live calls. Once, I was quoting a package with a Concierge level room at Disney's Contemporary Resort. The price was over $10k and all the (new) Cast Members listening were rolling their eyes, certain of the outcome. I gave the price and the response was: "Book it." Truth be told, I was shocked but I think I hid it well from my class.

If it were unlimited on and off rides to ToT and a special meal set up on it's porch, I'd be all over it, otherwise not for me. But I am a frequent visitor so don't really have to worry about missing things. I could see how this might appeal to someone who has a very limited amount of time. Heck, I keep trying to justify paying for the Halloween party and can't seem to do it. I have an AP and having to pay twice gets my goat, then I know I wouldn't be getting the candy so it would basically be spending the money to see the stage show, the parade and the fireworks. I've done some of the special tours and have enjoyed them but just riding rides doesn't seem worth it.

$265 per person?? Yowza! $125 that included dinner at Tiffins and maybe we'd talk..
If they threw in dinner at Tiffins I'd probably be all over this. I've paid for Wanyama 3 times which includes dinner at Jiko and costs around $200 per person. Likewise dinner at V&A is @ the same price point. In fact, I'm tempted to cancel our V&A reservation and do this instead & wouldn't think twice about doing it if it was Tiffins - but a 'sampler' from the canteen sounds too much like the cheap offerings at the desert parties - lipstick on a pig for the up sell.

If they threw in dinner at Tiffins I'd probably be all over this. I've paid for Wanyama 3 times which includes dinner at Jiko and costs around $200 per person. Likewise dinner at V&A is @ the same price point. In fact, I'm tempted to cancel our V&A reservation and do this instead & wouldn't think twice about doing it if it was Tiffins - but a 'sampler' from the canteen sounds too much like the cheap offerings at the desert parties - lipstick on a pig for the up sell.

I agree throw in a decent meal folks. I've done Wanyama once and am considering it again since you don't have to be staying at AKL for it and also did V&A's, which we will do again but not for a few years.

I used to train Reservations Sales Agents at the Disney Reservations Center. One thing we stressed was to never make assumptions about what guests can afford. If a guest asks about a suite at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, you highlight the benefits and provide the cost. You don't say things like: "Are you sure? It's really expensive."

The vast majority of the time, the guest will choke when they hear the price. But, it's a good sales technique because the agent can then suggest similar options (same resort or a villa-style room) with a much, much cheaper price tag.

Anecdote: I used to be the go-to guy for caller demonstrations for New Hire classes. I didn't mind having 15-20 people listening to me while I took live calls. Once, I was quoting a package with a Concierge level room at Disney's Contemporary Resort. The price was over $10k and all the (new) Cast Members listening were rolling their eyes, certain of the outcome. I gave the price and the response was: "Book it." Truth be told, I was shocked but I think I hid it well from my class.

Sounds like good sales training. When I was in my early 20s I went to buy a new car once I landed a decent job after school. I was haggling the price down and the saleswoman said "well if you can't afford it maybe you should look at something else". I was wearing a hoodie and shorts... hey I was in my early 20s. I was livid... she had no idea what I could or could not afford. I was just doing what every other person does... not pay MSRP. She didn't take me serious because I was young and dressed like I was still in college. I drove 30 minutes down the road to another dealership and bought the exact same car with a better price. Don't judge a book by its cover.

That being said... I don't see the value proposition here given the price. But 3 tours a week at 25 people... out of all the people visiting Disney World they only need 75 people a week. I'm sure there's 75 people that will see value. I'm just not one of them.

For those who have been on these types of tours before, what is the experience like....traveling around with the same 25 people from ride to ride? Do you sometimes meet new friends? What if you have that one family that is really loud and obnoxious, is there a way to kind of distance yourself but still be in the tour? Also, when you go to get on the rides, do you go through the fastpass line or is it like a front of the line thing where you follow a leader who works for Disney? I saw one time on tv where a group of roller coaster VIPers were booed by other people in line because they got to basically pass everyone and ride right away.

The thing that confuses me is that these extra magical tours are counter-productive to the push for on site guests. Yes there will be on site guests that purchase this and other extras, but when you look at what you save staying off site it could be worth it to stay off site and book these tours. Giving up the ability to book at 60 days doesn't hurt if you can buy this. It may even out, I don't know.

My feeling is this is the test bubble and only the beginning for what will happen with Toy Story and Star Wars

Fully agree. I also think an issue is people see things like this and the first reaction is "that is crazy money! I can't afford that as part of my regular family vacation!" ... but the thing is, this isn't being offered to be part of a "regular family vacation" - that is why it is limited to 25 people. It's something that would be an extra special treat/special occasion type thing - or for really rich families that all of their vacations are not normal family vacations. Just because Disney starts something doesn't mean it *has* to apply to everyne

I agree with you that there are a lot of things marketed as special occasion/crazy-rich events. And that's fine

I just can't see what is special about this?

I agree with you that there are a lot of things marketed as special occasion/crazy-rich events. And that's fine

I just can't see what is special about this?

In one write up it mentioned "behind the scenes" so I guess I will wait about that part - otherwise it just seems like paying for FPs

Though I didn't really get the start wars Tour thing they had at DHS as it was just a collection of things you could do on your own but people bought that so what do I know

The thing that confuses me is that these extra magical tours are counter-productive to the push for on site guests. Yes there will be on site guests that purchase this and other extras, but when you look at what you save staying off site it could be worth it to stay off site and book these tours. Giving up the ability to book at 60 days doesn't hurt if you can buy this. It may even out, I don't know.

My feeling is this is the test bubble and only the beginning for what will happen with Toy Story and Star Wars

I don't see this as a thing for people trying to pack as much of the park into their day. I see it as something for frequent guests, long time AP or DVC holders looking to change things up a bit. The price is too high in my opinion but perhaps I'm not the target audience.

In one write up it mentioned "behind the scenes" so I guess I will wait about that part - otherwise it just seems like paying for FPs

Though I didn't really get the start wars Tour thing they had at DHS as it was just a collection of things you could do on your own but people bought that so what do I know

The reason people bought that one was that it included the dessert party and all that extra for just a little more than the standard dessert party cost. I wasn't really interested in it but I can see why people did it. I think this could be good but it's way too much.

To be fair, you expect the people that are dropping $10k on a room to have their butler's butler making the phone call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!