New wait times?

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
Maybe I haven't searched enough, but I've read very little on the subject that we all want to hear about: wait times! For those of you who have been fortunate enough to experience the CM and AP previews, how were the wait times, especially on headliners? Please spill the beans!

I’ve watched a couple of vlogs and they mostly looked walk on or less than 5 minutes. Could change when parks open to the public. There may be more people then. That may be more indicative of the “new normal”. So far it looks phenomenal!

I don't think there's any decent comparison right now. The capacity for CM previews and APs seemed to be and some reported to be MUCH less than what is expected when general public is allowed back. If ir did stay how things have been going; that'd be awesome, but we all know Disney better than that. If attendance doesn't pick up...running capacity will be lessened quickly.

I saw that too! Not sure if it's correct, but based on demand, I would've thought it'd be the other way around

I saw that too! Not sure if it's correct, but based on demand, I would've thought it'd be the other way around
Maybe it has something to do with social distancing and how many people can fit in the boats.

I just looked at wait times on the Disney app, Navi is 20 minutes and FoP is only 5!
Awesome!
Navi is a 2 row boat. FoP has multiple rooms with multiple seats. The navi boat now fits only one family, group, single rider, that's it

The park is not even open to the public how is the current wait time relevant?
Exactly. I really think anyone looking at thrse first few days as any indication as to the wait times and how it'll be when the general public and the parks open for real are kidding themselves. Current capacity is reported to be way less than the actual planned attendance for general public and right now Disney is on an all hands on deck mode. I expect things to br significantly differently in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Capacity won't be too much larger starting tomorrow
Weren't there reports yesterday saying that ap capacity was set to about half of what they are for general public (cm previews even less) and that even with that there were reports of a lot of no shows during the Aps? Add to that the fact that many of the ppl. that have gone over the last few days are ppl that go frequently, many just wanting to get back in the parks and many vlogging to look at differences etc.; so many weren't focused on primarily rides and/or staying from open- close etc.

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if these were the wait times and crowds over the next few months, but in looking at all the factors it just seems pretty unlikely.

The next few days will be a better indicator since some of the parks were at capacity for reservations at one point.

Weren't there reports yesterday saying that ap capacity was set to about half of what they are for general public (cm previews even less) and that even with that there were reports of a lot of no shows during the Aps? Add to that the fact that many of the ppl. that have gone over the last few days are ppl that go frequently, many just wanting to get back in the parks and many vlogging to look at differences etc.; so many weren't focused on primarily rides and/or staying from open- close etc.

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if these were the wait times and crowds over the next few months, but in looking at all the factors it just seems pretty unlikely.
there could be all the reports you want, Disney does not release numbers so we won't know, I assume capacity will be somewhat higher than previews cause that's normal for their operations of previews.
We won't have clear numbers until end of next week.

If these wait times are indicative of the future, yo, all you photographers who want pictures of Main Street or generally crowded areas, Your time has come 📸
it is super cool. Like without anyone all the colors are more vibrant. It's real neat

it is super cool. Like without anyone all the colors are more vibrant. It's real neat
On the Dis podcast, I’ve heard abt times where you could shoot a cannon down Main Street. It’s crazy to see in the middle of July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter