NEW Year, NEW Me...I WILL keep my resolutions! Comments Welcome

The interview went well. It is really a formality. I know that I will be a supervisor there this season. (Because we are seasonal, we have to be rehired every season. Unless you tanked, you go in at the same level you left the previous season, or you might be promoted. Normally demotions occur during the season itself.) There is a new training and hiring position I told them I was interested in. I am very excited for our park. We are moving in some very positive directions and I love this company. I am praying that I can go full time with them if a management spot opens up, but sadly, I think there may be too many people ahead of me in line.

I am still doing well with the eating. I had more lasagna for lunch (that stuff is lasting forever!). For dinner I had tomato soup and Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (sans chicken( at Panera. I only ate about half of each. Instead of a Frozen Mocha, I had iced tea. The Frozen Mocha is my real temptation, so I am proud of myself for forgoing it. After this I am on my way to my Community Emergency Response Team Training. It is a FEMA sponsored training that teaches you how to be the boots on the ground relief in your community following a disaster. Our group assists with lost people, lost evidence, and disaster response. Tonight it is disaster medical. I have already learned emergency planning and fire suppression.

Depending on what time it ends, I might work out. I haven't decided. Tomorrow, I take my career exploration class and wil find out more about the customer contact professional course. I am then taking a cooking class at Whole Foods.

So far, my Bible reading is going well. I am currently in Luke for my New Testament reading. It jumps around some on the New Testament readings, they are not in order. The Old Testament readings have been out of Genesis. Those have been in order. I am also reading a Psalm a day on this plan. I am proud of myself. Many times I will make a resolution and by this point I am already off the wagon. So far so good!

As far as my house goes, it's been more maintenance. I forgot how messy my kitchen gets when I cook! I will be working on the spare bedroomm next week. WE are moving the loft bed out of the room that will be the study into thespare bedroom so I need to get that ready. We have been repainting and flooring the house, but plan to leave the spare bedroom alone until we are ready to make it a nursery. AFter we get the loft moved, we are painting the study (it will be the Harry Potter room) and moving this giant desk of my husband's up there. I am looking forward to it because it will be just the space I need for job hunting and Bible reading.

I lost 1 lb this week! Normally my weight losses are within a few tenths of a pound, never more than half (although I admittedly have a very hard time staying on plan) so I am very excited. I journalled and tracked all week and stayed within my points.

Today was not as good of a day. I had budgeted to get an iced mocha from Dunkin on my way to the elementary (I travel to 4 schools per day), and when I got there realized I had left my wallet at home. I was having a huge caffeine headache and my only choice was a Pepesi from the vending machine. Needless to say I regretted it, and my blood sugar tanked in the afternoon which lead to some poor choices, not horrible, but not good. I'm visiting my parents and we had Nepalese food tonight. I have no clue how to track it so I will not track today and get back to tracking tomorrow. One day off the wagon does not need to hurt me and I will not let it.

Awesome job on the loss! They say if you track, it works & I only believe that when I lose a little after a week of tracking lol. Keep it up!

Time to update: I have slacked off some, but overall am on the track that I want to be on. My weight has fluctuated, but shown a loss of a couple of pounds. Not where I wanted to be, but I have lost a couple and have not gained any, so I am okay with it. The upstairs is not fully organized, but a lot is done. We went through the kitchen this weekend and gave a lot of stuff to Goodwill. The living room and my bedroom are in good shape, so I just need to work on the two spare rooms. I want to have it done by the 25th of March (more on that in a minute.)

As for the eating: I have not kept 100% vegetarian. I am probably averaging 3-4 meat meals per week. However, I have cut back significantly and am on track to continue eating that way. I have been taking cooking classes at Whole Foods and have been trying the recipes. Friday I made avocado Vera Cruz salad and carrot ginger soup for the in laws, it was a success! I picked up a Ninja an a Champion Juicer for cheap from Craigslist and have started making juice for the mornings, so I am getting a lot more veggies in.

I have eaten out more than three times each week, however, again I have significantly cut back. I have read quite a few books, I nee to go back and count. I can't wait for the new Patricia Briggs book in a little over a week!

Finally, the job front is going well. I had two interviews last week and I think that they went well. So although not quite where I wanted to be, all steps in a positive direction and I will not get hung up on perfection like I have in the past.

Okay, so here is the big announcement: on March 25th, I will be shaving my head for St. Baldrick's. This is the fourth time that I have done this. They raise money for childhood cancer research. This is an organization that is near and dear to my heart. One of my good friends survived leukemia. I have also taught several students with cancer and volunteer with Make A Wish.

Currently, childhood cancers receive less than 4% of the NIH cancer research budget. In the last 20 years, only two new drugs have been approved. The treatments we do have are sometimes ineffective and cause significant side effects. Two out of three survivors will have serious, lifelong complications, including secondary cancers. I work with a student who went blind from cancer. The treatment gave her leukemia. That treatment has caused a stroke and lung disease which will most likely take her life within the next few years. Sadly, one in four children will lose their battle.

Despite these facts, and despite the fact that childhood cancer is the number one killer of children, it remains underfunded. St. Baldrick's has teamed up with Stand Up to Cancer and together they are the number one funder of scientific research.

My husband will be joining me for the first time this year. My family will be coming up to watch, so that is why my goal is to have the two spare bedrooms finished by then. I also hope to lose at least five more pounds before then.

My participant site: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/jessitroester

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter