New Years Eve Eve Party for Members!

DenISe13

Earning My Ears
I've been waiting for tickets to this party to be released and they finally began booking this morning! Any one else attending? Has anyone gone in years prior and have any thoughts/suggestions?!

Enjoy yourself! This year we are booked on a DCL Cruise because I want to experience the excitement on board :boat: However, we usually are in WDW for NYE, so I can see us doing a party one year!

Thank you!!
Have the best time!! We haven't done a cruise yet, but hoping to book Halloween on the High Seas in 2021!

Thanks for the heads up. I am thinking about canceling our dessert party for the 30th, but not sure after reading a few reviews about the Port Cochère firework viewing. What to do...

We went in 2017. Just the two of us. It was a lot of fun. Food was okay, open bar was great. Some great photo ops with Sully and Mike. Lots of games too. The big patio was a great place to view the fireworks. I’m assuming it’s at the Contemporary again? And since the fireworks are the same for NYE at Magic Kingdom, we traveled over to Epcot for New Years Eve. We were staying at BLT, so walked over to MK to take the bus to Beach Club and went thru back gate. Had some fun at Epcot, watched amazing fireworks (snagged a spot near UK) then hightailed it back to Beach club to grab a bus to MK. And walked back to BLT. It was a mob scene...leaving MK after fireworks was the craziest thing I ever saw. Was so glad we were going to MK and not from.
Anyway we thought it was worth it. It’s not every day you get the opportunity to do it. Although things may have changed since we went.

We did the 3rd of July DVC party at the CR, the year before this. I thought the fireworks viewing sucked. That location puts you way too offset from the intended angle. The result is not cohesive. The party was fine, but I would head over to the Poly to view the fireworks next time.

Thought I’d give an update now that we’re home. I wouldn’t book this event again. I didn’t think there was a fun NYE party vibe AT ALL. We walked past the Pixar Party and the music was pumping and it had amazing theming! I noticed they also received NYE hats and horns, we got no fun accessories. I was disappointed when we got to the DVC event. Upon arrival at the Contemporary I thought there could have been more signage. We were ushered in to take a picture with the characters then left to find a table outside. The event wasn’t even in a ballroom it was in a hallway between ballrooms/outside which I found odd, it was way too open and not well themed. There was a DJ and he catered to the kids which was great, he played games and songs that got people dancing. Had a few carnival games, no prizes. The food and drinks were okay-only saw one bar for all those people but there wasn’t ever a long wait. You had to bus you own table which turned me off. Eventually someone came around but they didn’t have enough staff clearing tables. About 10 minutes before the fireworks you had the option of walking about from under the covered area or staying at your table. The view of the fireworks wasn’t great but wasn’t crowded which was a nice perk and the reason we booked the party. The other parties also got to watch from the same area. Overall I thought it was boring and not worth the money.

Wow...I am so sorry you did not enjoy this event. As I said, we went two years ago. There were at least two bars that I remember and prizes were given out at all of the games. Not cool that DVC cheaped out on this~~~and food and drinks were plentiful throughout the evening. We really enjoyed the fireworks viewing area....if you are a DVC member NOT staying at Bay Lake or the other MK resorts, the fireworks viewing area is amazing. And we did actually have a theme park view at BLT that night, and still thought the fireworks were amazing.

Am curious if you got to see the Epcot New years eve fireworks? Wow, those are crazy great!

Wow...I am so sorry you did not enjoy this event. As I said, we went two years ago. There were at least two bars that I remember and prizes were given out at all of the games. Not cool that DVC cheaped out on this~~~and food and drinks were plentiful throughout the evening. We really enjoyed the fireworks viewing area....if you are a DVC member NOT staying at Bay Lake or the other MK resorts, the fireworks viewing area is amazing. And we did actually have a theme park view at BLT that night, and still thought the fireworks were amazing.

Am curious if you got to see the Epcot New years eve fireworks? Wow, those are crazy great!
We did hear from other DVC members that we should stay at BLT with a theme park view! We haven’t done that yet and as you mentioned they told us it’s amazing-one day! :) We did see the Epcot NYE fireworks and they were fabulous! Poly is our home and we did get to view the MK fireworks from the beach (thankfully they show them 4 times lol) so I don’t mean to sound like a grumpy complainer but I just expected a little more magic from that event. Although I notice there was a big difference and price so there ya have it!

Seems like things of this nature are really good and worthwhile at first, and then declines a bit each year. We wanted to do something special but the dinners and stuff on NYE were very expensive, so we opted for New Year’s Eve Eve. We were always big fans of Party for the senses during food and wine. We almost didn’t go last fall because it is nothing like it used to be, but we got shut out of a regional lunch we wanted so did the party again. Glad you saw the Epcot fireworks. The whole place was a big party when we were there.

Thought I’d give an update now that we’re home. I wouldn’t book this event again. I didn’t think there was a fun NYE party vibe AT ALL. We walked past the Pixar Party and the music was pumping and it had amazing theming! I noticed they also received NYE hats and horns, we got no fun accessories. I was disappointed when we got to the DVC event. Upon arrival at the Contemporary I thought there could have been more signage. We were ushered in to take a picture with the characters then left to find a table outside. The event wasn’t even in a ballroom it was in a hallway between ballrooms/outside which I found odd, it was way too open and not well themed. There was a DJ and he catered to the kids which was great, he played games and songs that got people dancing. Had a few carnival games, no prizes. The food and drinks were okay-only saw one bar for all those people but there wasn’t ever a long wait. You had to bus you own table which turned me off. Eventually someone came around but they didn’t have enough staff clearing tables. About 10 minutes before the fireworks you had the option of walking about from under the covered area or staying at your table. The view of the fireworks wasn’t great but wasn’t crowded which was a nice perk and the reason we booked the party. The other parties also got to watch from the same area. Overall I thought it was boring and not worth the money.

Sorry for the experience you had.

I was at a convention several years ago and we had a reception with firework viewing from the Porte Cochere area at the CR convention center so I know exactly what that is like. Whenever I see these posts I do try and comment that the fireworks viewing is fairly poor compared to most of the other options you can find. It's something Disney realized they could tack on IMO when they had run out of prime spots. Wish I had seen this one back when you originally posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts