New York - Canadian Cruise - Oct 2020

Thefourmouseketeers

Earning My Ears
We are booked for this fall’s Canadian Cruise out of NY on the Magic - October (the 17th). Can’t imagine this will sail with Canada closed to cruises until Oct 31st. PIF is July 19th. Should we expect to get a cancellation notice before then?
Any chance they would keep the cruise in place and change ports of call? Make it another Bermuda cruise instead?

We are booked for this fall’s Canadian Cruise out of NY on the Magic - October (the 17th). Can’t imagine this will sail with Canada closed to cruises until Oct 31st. PIF is July 19th. Should we expect to get a cancellation notice before then?
Any chance they would keep the cruise in place and change ports of call? Make it another Bermuda cruise instead?
Anything is possible. No way of knowing what the cruising world will look like in 4 months. Or next month......

We were booked on that one and have already cancelled it. Just don’t feel like traveling to and sailing out of NYC is going to be a safe proposition at that point. I suppose they could change it to another Bermuda sailing, but that assumes that Bermuda will be re-opened to travelers by then.

They might change the ports to Bermuda?

I would have thought DCL would have cancelled it at the same time as the Alaska/Pacific Coast sailings. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn’t would be a change in ports. If it sails, there may be some unique stops.

I am paid in full on the NY to Canada cruise. I just want them to let us know what they are doing. I booked opening day.

I would have thought DCL would have cancelled it at the same time as the Alaska/Pacific Coast sailings. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn’t would be a change in ports. If it sails, there may be some unique stops.
I totally forgot about the Canada port closures. That is supposed to end (maybe, maybe not) Oct 31. So DCL is going to have to do something with that cruise. No way of know what that "something" is.

Probably because with the Wonder, they could just extend the cancellation period, whereas with the Magic they have to make a decision on the other Magic cruises between end-of-July and the Canada cruises, and they aren't prepared to make that call yet.

Probably because with the Wonder, they could just extend the cancellation period, whereas with the Magic they have to make a decision on the other Magic cruises between end-of-July and the Canada cruises, and they aren't prepared to make that call yet.
Agreed - Upon coming back from Europe, whenever that may be - the first thing that will have to be decided is where the Magic comes back to: New York? PC? Miami? - because right now, odds are fairly high that it is coming back empty... but who knows. If it comes back to New York, then a Bermuda cruise is possible at it probably would not have the time to do a Bahamian cruise and back (with a stop at CC). This is also the only Canadian cruise on the Magic this year so easier to "skip it".

Note that this specific cruise is no longer available for sale... which is usually a sign of pending cancellation or modification.

What are people's thoughts on the Bermuda cruises? We are booked for end of Oct. We were originally on the July 18th Fantasy.... I really need something to look forward to. I have a villa booked for the Jan Marathon, but am worried about that as well... PRAYING FOR THE VACCINE!!!

We went to Bermuda last year for our first DCL cruise. The beaches in Bermuda were beautiful, and it was nice to overnight in the port and not worry about getting back to the ship. I also liked the schedule of sea days the first day and last day with it being our first cruise. It gave us time to get to know the ship, and meant packing up was more leisurely. The only two things that weren't great were that the seas were rough due to storms the last night, and our two days in Bermuda happened to be on the weekend when things closed down earlier. Not sure what your cruise schedule is, but I think it would be better if you went during the week.

As far as Bermuda and COVID, I just saw on the Bermuda Tourism Facebook page that they are reopening to visitors via air on July 1. I would imagine they will be open to cruise ships when they start sailing again.

We were "on" the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise earlier this year (end of April) and Canada had everything closed down until July, Hawaii was on 14 day quarantine and DCL didn't cancel our cruise until the end of March or early in April (way later than they should have cancelled it) ... so I would say that they will NOT cancel the cruise until after the PIF date.

No they already made those cancellations. The Magic is in Europe and everything has been cancelled up to and including the Transatlantic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts