newbie...advice needed please

lornagreen

Earning My Ears
hi
ive been referred to these boards by a friend (natalielongstaff), we are a family of five me,dh and twin boys age 9 and a 3yr old boy. we are staying at the davy crocket ranch at easter.....we have never been to DLP before!!
we would appreciate any advice about things to see/do.....also is it advisable to make ps in advance for meals like natalie says you do for WDW?? and if so where do you reccomend.
also we might do buffalo bill's wild west show,has anyone done this ??

Lorna
welcome to the board.
I've never been to Ranch, so hopefully someone else will jump in with suggestions.
My troup of 3 are a bit yonger than yours 7, 4 and 2 year old but suspect that you'll have the same dilema that older will do soem rides that little one can't/doesn't want to go on.
Went to Wild West Show for the first time last summer and everyone enjoyed it :Pinkbounc
System for restaurants is slightly different in DLRP. For fast food outlets the trick is to go for early or later meals to miss the masses. Regarding table service restaurants these can be booked direct on phone closer to dates of holidays.
Easiest way by far is either direct at restaurant on morning or through customer services at the hotel/ranch.
One personnal suggestion I've got is consider a stroller for youngest. They can be hired at the park if necessary. Since you'll find you will walk quite a few miles, the little one will thank you for it ;)
Any other questions, just ask away :sunny:

Reid

Hi Lorna and welcome!

I "know" Natalie from the UK Dis.

I would say no, you don't need to worry about PS's like you do for WDW - but do make them as soon as you get to DLP with the concierge at Davy Crockett.

Definitely agree with Reid about hiring a stroller. The parks are big for little legs! (And big legs, too ;))

Don't forget to use Fastpass. I recommend getting Simon Veness' A Brit's Guide to DLP to give you an overview and you can decide what your priorities are / what meals you would like to do etc.

We find doing character meals a magical way to eat and meet the Disney favourites, as it's not always easy in the parks.

Get to the parks as early as you can to get as much done as possible as soon as they open.

Cheers

Karen

Glad to help. I'll be looking for similar advice after the summer towards our possible first time to WDW. :teeth:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter