Newbie Digital Camera Help Needed

tinkerbell716

Earning My Ears
:wave: Hi everyone. I am in need of some major help :confused3 For Christmas this year the only thing I asked my DH to buy me was a digital camera. So he purchased me a HP camera and printer. It came together in the same package and included the NIMH rechargeable batteries. The instructions to recharge the batteries sound simple enough. It says just turn on the printer and make sure the camera is turned off and dock it on the printer. The green power light should blink and within 15 hours the battery should be charged. Well it does all of that but the batteries don't charge. I take 4 pictures and I receive a message that says batteries are low. I called the company and they tried to walk me through the same steps to recharge the battery and that failed too. Now they are mailing me a new (refurbished) camera but will not send new batteries. I thought the problem could have been the batteries. I am really uptight about getting a refurbished camera since the one I have is only a month and a half old and now I feel I am getting someone elses problem. Does anyone have any advice? I am so sorry that this is so long. I am just so confused :confused3 Thank you in advance for any help you could give me.

Have you tried buying another set of batteries to see if that helps if not take the camera back to the store and ask for a brand new one. Good luck

I tried to take it back to the store but the return policy is 20 days and DH purchased the camera on 12/21/05. I was thinking about getting new rechargeable batteries like you said and try to recharge them on the printer. I saw the cheapest ones for $19.99.

tinkerbell716 said:
I tried to take it back to the store but the return policy is 20 days and DH purchased the camera on 12/21/05. I was thinking about getting new rechargeable batteries like you said and try to recharge them on the printer. I saw the cheapest ones for $19.99.

I would buy a set of rechargeable batteries with a charger, get the most powerful ones you can find, charge your batteries that way rather than in the camera,

I would try new batteries, see if you can borrow them from someone instead of buying new. Then if they go dead after 4 pictures you will know it's the camera. If they don't, it's the batteries and I would send them back thier refurb and ask for new batteries. And tell them to pay for the shipping.
BTW, if you tell the people at the store the camera was a gift, you should get extended return time. As long as you didn't do any harm to camera I would tell them that it was a birthday gift from the end of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter