Newbie Intro!

emmaness

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I've just joined this forum as per the recommendation of the lovely Bonnie. :) The whole DISboards is kind of enormous and daunting, and I'm only really interested in this section at the mo, so I thought I'd post a little introduction here! Hope it's allowed.

I've been to Disneyland Paris seven times (or is it eight? I always lose count!), between 1995 and 2001, as well as to Disney World Orlando twice. Hence, only being a relatively little 'un at 17, Disneyland in its various forms has been a fairly big part of my childhood! Yet I never get fed up with it. :earsboy: I've only ever stayed in one of the Disney hotels, and that was the Cheyenne when I was about 10 years old. We always stayed in hotels about 15 minutes away from the park. I was always very grateful because it meant I got to use the travelators from the car park, which are very exciting, of course!

I couldn't possibly choose a favourite ride at Disney Paris, but I adore Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Casey Junior, the Storybook Boat Ride whose name has temporarily slipped my mind, etc... okay so that's quite a lot! Most of all I've always just loved soaking in the atmosphere. It may be cheesy but I really do think that there is magic in Disneyland, hehe. :wizard:

I'm actually hoping (I don't want to call it planning just yet to avoid disappointment!) to go back to Disneyland in October this year with my 15-year-old sister, Lucy. Our parents aren't really up for going so we just have to convince them that we can cope on our own. We live in Devon so we're hoping to get the train to London, then the Eurostar, and stay in Hotel Santa Fe, with one of those "4 for 3" or "3 for 2" deals they're doing at the moment - provided Lucy can get away with missing a few days of school! It just makes it so much better value during term-time. But anyway, ideally we want to go for three nights and four days, but we'll take four nights and five days if the worst comes to the worst. ;)

Errrm, I did ramble on for a bit there, so apologies for that! But yes, you seem like a lovely bunch in here from what I've read, and I look forward to chatting with you all. I'm very glad to have people to share my excitement with! *bounces off the walls*

Hi, and welcome!

I'm pretty new around here myself, and very interested in this particular forum, but I notice it's a lot quieter than some of the others.

I'm going to DLP for the first time this summer, just for one night/two days. We'll be on a family vacation in Paris, and when we made the plans to do that it was always assumed that DS8 and I would do a side-trip to Disneyland! We'll be staying in the Hotel Cheyenne, so we don't have to take the RER back and forth and can instead spend a full two days "in the magic."

So, in early September there will be a brief, beautiful 11 days when DS and I will have been to every operating Disney resort in the world! We'll bask in this knowledge, and then come back down to earth on September 12 when they open Hong Kong Disneyland, and we'll start yearning for a trip out there. :blush:

I fully expect to love DLP. I can't wait to go on POC, Phantom Manor, and be reunited with the French version of 2000 Leagues Under the Sea! And I'm really looking forward to finding the dragon under the castle. :wizard:

Any/all advice about DLP would be most welcome, either here in this forum or by Private Message!

Thanks very much for the welcome! :)

Oh wow, I would love to have been to all the parks! Unfortunately California and Tokyo are a bit expensive and far away for me at the moment, hehe.

Hotel Cheyenne is very nicely themed, Kitty-chan, it's very much like Frontierland. Yay! :cheer2:

Welcome to the board Emma - another Devonian - we're taking over!

We usually take the coach to Victoria which gets us there for 6am and then taxi to Waterloo for the Eurostar to Disney. No trains go from Exeter early enough for us to get the 9.30am Eurostar and we'd rather not spend money on a hotel in Waterloo as that's money we want to spend in Disney!

:cheer2:

Welcome to the DIS emmaness and welcome to the DLP board Kitty-chan. :wave2:

This is a great board!! Yes, it's relatively quiet, but it's VERY friendly. Look forward to seeing a lot more of you both!! :goodvibes

Hi Emma and welcome to Dis board. :)
Kitty-chan, just start a new thread with any questions that you have on DLP. Hopefully someone will come along who can answer it.

Reid

dlpSteve said:
Welcome to the board Emma - another Devonian - we're taking over!

We usually take the coach to Victoria which gets us there for 6am and then taxi to Waterloo for the Eurostar to Disney. No trains go from Exeter early enough for us to get the 9.30am Eurostar and we'd rather not spend money on a hotel in Waterloo as that's money we want to spend in Disney!

:cheer2:
Ooh, wow, I don't think I've ever come across another Devonian on the web! I'm in North Devon myself, Barnstaple to be exact. :)

Oh no, I didn't realise there wasn't a train leaving Exeter early enough to get the Eurostar. :( Plus, we'd have to get the train from Barnstaple to Exeter before that, which is an hour in itself. Bums. Do coaches run pretty often, then? I'd definitely rather not spend money on an overpriced Travelodge or something!

The coach service is pretty good - they run every two hours or so, even through the night. Between Exeter and London they stop at Taunton, Reading and Heathrow and I find them more comfortable than the train thanks to more legroom and better ventilation.

Ooh, interesting. Does the operator you're talking about have a website at all?

Oh yay, I'm so pleased you joined! :flower:

(It's funny - Emma's a friend of mine she she just happened to come across the DIS boards when searching for DLRP info, and noticed that I was a member, hehe!)

It's lovely to have you here, Em! Honestly, when you compare this place to some of the other boards we frequent... well, put it this way, the people here are incredibly friendly, helpful and absolutely lovely. ;) I adore this place.

Ooh, and you will have to write lengthy trip reports (as I did) after your October holiday!

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo <---- you and Lucy

Hi Emma,

Lovely to see you have joined the boards :wave: . Hope you make your holiday in October with your sister, then get Bonnie to help with the trip report [hers are fantastic] - after all what are friends for!! :cool1:

Hi Emma, welcome!:wave2: Bonnie's reports are excellent, we will expect the same from you!!Heehee:rotfl::rotfl:
Kitty-chan, hi and welcome too!:wave2:

Emmaness, a very warm welcome to you :)

Would you believe I am from Devon too? Just outside Exeter though :)

Hope to see lots more of you while you are planning your trip!

Cheers

Karen

Hi Emmaness and welcome :wave2:

I am also a devoted devonian!

Have you thought about flying from Exeter for your trip? The cost to fly from Exeter is similar to going by Eurostar.

Thanks guys! Nice one, the Devonians really are taking over! :rotfl:

I have definitely considered it, Russ, but problem with going by plane is that I can't drive and it could prove overly complicated transferring to and from the airport/hotel, hrm. I like the simplicity and directness (is that a word?!) of Eurostar, it's all so convenient. I love the idea of your luggage being taken directly to your hotel for you, too.

Plus, I've never been on Eurostar before and it'd be quite exciting, lol. ;)

Welcome emmaness! Good luck with planning/imagining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter