Newbie to Sea World questions

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Sorry, didn't know where best to put this....

We haven't been to SeaWorld Orlando EVER, thinking about going during our Spring Break, in between Disney days, first week in April. I couldn't find any recent reports, could be looking in the wrong place though....is there a "plan" that's best to follow? I've read that a plan isn't necessary, but I'm a planner, lol
Is the All-Day dining worth it? Traveling with hubby, me, and 2 big teen boys that like to eat...but they are more likely to grab a snack and a drink every hour than a full meal--I think I read you can't use that at snack carts??

We haven't even bought tickets yet, I'm assuming it's best to buy online before we go...I haven't seen any good deals for tickets/dining aside from buying them 3 days early.

TIA

The way I plan my sea world days is by first going to the web site and checking out the show schedule. I decide what I want to see (everything really) and the times. Then we just wing it with what we do between show times.

I think the all day dining is "worth it". I would think it would be esp "worth it" with teenage boys. Snack carts are not included. One meal at the smoke house BBQ place was $25 for me (brisket sampler plate) but I probably had my moneys worth out of icees. It was a hot day.

You will probably not find a good deal on one days tickets from anywhere really. Visitorlando.com have a 2 day 2 park with all day dine for $150 after tax. I thought that was a good price. I think sea world site has a one day ticket (don't remember the price) you can add on all day dining for $25 reg around $40.

Drinks can be had all day. Any food in once per hour. I think they have a decent amount of variety. There will be one place open for breakfast. I usually get a muffin and fruit if I do breakfast.

The tickets will definitely be cheaper bought ahead of time.

The way I plan my sea world days is by first going to the web site and checking out the show schedule. I decide what I want to see (everything really) and the times. Then we just wing it with what we do between show times.

I think the all day dining is "worth it". I would think it would be esp "worth it" with teenage boys. Snack carts are not included. One meal at the smoke house BBQ place was $25 for me (brisket sampler plate) but I probably had my moneys worth out of icees. It was a hot day.

You will probably not find a good deal on one days tickets from anywhere really. Visitorlando.com have a 2 day 2 park with all day dine for $150 after tax. I thought that was a good price. I think sea world site has a one day ticket (don't remember the price) you can add on all day dining for $25 reg around $40.

Drinks can be had all day. Any food in once per hour. I think they have a decent amount of variety. There will be one place open for breakfast. I usually get a muffin and fruit if I do breakfast.

The tickets will definitely be cheaper bought ahead of time.

Thank you! Drinks & Icees—is there a limit on those (I read every hour for food??) & where do we get those if carts aren’t available—just at a counter service place??

You should check out Gina-Gina-Bo-Binas trip reports, she has quite a few with some good tips! (She's almost done with her October visit, just a couple of posts down from this one).

Agreed with planning your day around show schedules of which shows to see. I'd suggest about an hour for each show. Arriving 20-30mins ahead of time for a decent seat, and a 20-30 min show.

If you want to encounter any animals (dolphins, sealions, walrus, penguins to name a few) check out their website at what options are available for an up close encounter.

Keep in mind infinity falls and journey to Atlantis, and splash zones are places to get wet for sure.

If planning a weekend, there are free concerts happening (which can make it a little more crowded.)

We just went yesterday with 4 boys. They loved it. We had very low crowds. The longest we waited was for the manta (it's the closest ride to the front) of 30 mins. My boys fave part was the food pass. They were watching there phones to get more food. I did not get one. Cause I cant eat that much. We were getting our tickets from a discount website, but ended up just buying them from seaworld. 2 for went to aquatica. The second day. The food plan was not worth it there. There were 3 restaurants and the lines were always 30 or more mins long. They do have a refill bottle its 13-15 $ and you can refill icees

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!