newbie....

a68fan

Earning My Ears
Headin' out to the "big show" Dec. 21-28.... Stumbled across this sight, have a question... Sure it has been addressed, so please be gentle... What's the deal on the "guest of honor" badge.. A co-worker was there a couple of months ago, was told of this, but wasn't there long enuff to find out any info... I have printed for future reference several threads, but as always, any last minute helpful hints are most appreciated!!!

We have full park hopper, most of the whistles & bells, & staying at the music resort thing.

NOTE: You may be able to tell I'm no expert... My g/f has arranged and is in charge of this
adventure... I just supply the cash!!!!!:D

Thanks for your help!!!

Allen & Pam
Hickory, NC

Pretty much just for fun. They help with interaction with the cm's and often get people noticed and sometimes these people receive special attention. Most people who do not know about them think you are a WDW employee or someone special and it can cause a little stir....which can be fun for you:-) They can be purchased on-line from Gifts of a Lifetime before you go or at shops in WDW. From what I understand if you have an unusual name and need it to be customized it is best to get your badge at a certain shop and I want to say it is in MGM. Hopefully this will bump this up for you and others can give you more detail and a personalized account of their own experiences wearing the badges. Have a great time!!! hope this helps a little or at least moves it up for someone else to help.

CatOne:bounce: :bounce:

Yes the badges are just for fun and are a cheap souvinear. We bought ours at the 5&10 store at MGM. They can engrave any name for you in just a few minutes. They are available other places but I'm not sure exactly what other stores have them.

Hope this helps!

Hi Newbie. Hope your trip is as fun as our first trip was last December. We also ordered GOH name tags from Giftsofalifetime.com (if I remember correctly) and it took about 2 weeks to get them via mail. My tag was Pooh and DH was Tigger, and there are other characters to choose from. It was fun to be called by name by the cast members, and during the bird show at Animal Kingdom, one of the CMs came over to sit by us and included us in the show's dialog. We were near the front of the line when run of the rides experienced mechanical difficulty, and when the CM left to check on the status of the ride, people kept coming up to ask us when the ride was going to open, since they saw our nametags and assumed we were CMs. We developed a nice little spiel, based on what the CMs had been telling everyone about the condition of the ride, and we assured everyone the ride would soon be back up and running (which it was, thank goodness :p)

Thanks for the reply folks...

We kinda' figured as much...

Maybe upon our return, we can offer some tips of our own!!!

Thanks again!!!

Allen & Pam
Hickory, NC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter