Newly divorced-solo trip

Oh, a first timer? You should definitely ask at the Disney resort front desk for a "First Visit" button. :teeth:

Since the All-Star resorts are value, pick one that appeals to you and check the rates. Definitely look for discounts through Disney involving either just the room or room and tickets.

Finally, spend some quality time reading menus of the quick service restaurants and jot down which ones appeal to you.

Also, congrats on your surgery. :goodvibes
Oh no..... I've been about 25 times. Just never solo...

I go solo every year and it is amazing. I have spent up to 2 weeks there by myself. I do whatever it is that I want to. I make some FP for the rides that I really want to go on and just wing it from there. You will have a great time.

I go solo every year and it is amazing. I have spent up to 2 weeks there by myself. I do whatever it is that I want to. I make some FP for the rides that I really want to go on and just wing it from there. You will have a great time.

Wow..... That makes me feel so good about my decision. I don't know about the weather though. I do think I'll have some moments of sadness, so I'm expecting that. Epcot was my ex's and my favorite place....... So it goes. I know I'll be excited to come and go as I please.

Wow..... That makes me feel so good about my decision. I don't know about the weather though. I do think I'll have some moments of sadness, so I'm expecting that. Epcot was my ex's and my favorite place....... So it goes. I know I'll be excited to come and go as I please.

Nothing you can do about the weather. Just go and enjoy. One of my favorite things to do is to sit in the aviary in the Maharajah Jungle trek. It is very peaceful there for me and most people just rush right through it.

Let me tell you a short story. After a stressful 29 year marriage I finally got divorced. One of the first things I did was do a solo trip to WDW. At first I was kind of overwhelmed with memories of family trips with the kids (at this point they were all grown up and married) then like magic I paid a visit the the Carousel of Progress and for some reason the stupid song "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" played and it got me thinking that I got the rest of my life ahead of me still and nothing is standing in my way now. What a feeling of relief. Maybe it will inspire you as well to just look forward and only glance backward on rare occasions. It really is a great big beautiful tomorrow that can be anything we make it.

Congrats! I literally just got back from my divorce trip to Disney World! My divorce was finalized in December and a few weeks after my husband left me in June, i booked myself a New Year's trip so i flew to MCO on January 1st and back on the 4th. Honestly, going by myself was the best trip that i've had and i HIGHLY recommend it. I just booked another one in July and plan to go solo again unless a friend wants to tag along.

I flew in and arrived at 11 AM, stayed at All Star Sports which was my first time at a Value but it wasn't bad. I went straight to Sanaa for lunch because it's my favorite restaurant and had a few glasses of wine and a great lunch. Then i went to my room and napped. the parks were open late so i went to MK that night used my 3 fast passes then did a few other rides that didn't have insane lines.

The next day i had planned to rope drop at AK but i stayed at MK late so i slept in and changed my fast passes because when you go alone, you can do that and not worry about other people! It was SO refreshing not having to worry about getting to rope drop to ensure that my husband wouldn't complain about lines if we got there during the busy time. So i slept in, made myself a late lunch reservation at Kona Cafe at the Poly then went to AK for my fast passes then back to my room. I napped and grabbed food at the food court and hung out at the pool bar. Then back to my room to watch tv and relax.

That Friday, I went back to MK in the morning and did my 3 fast passes, grabbed lunch at CHH and planned to go back that night but ended up just hanging in my room watching the R Kelly documentary again and grabbing food at the food court. The next day my plane left in the morning so i just called an uber so that i could sleep a little later than i would have using ME.

I really didn't spend that much. I bought a sweatshirt. I'm not a big breakfast person so i had packed granola bars for breakfast. Sanaa was my most expensive meal but i'm a foodie and wino and enjoy eating out. And eating alone wasn't bad. It was nice to just relax and people watch. But seriously, it was the best trip and i can't wait to go back in July. i'm adding 1 extra day and will just hang at the pool and skip the park one day. Treat yo self!

I've solo'd at Pop before and found the price fit my budget well, the location is great ( not too far from the majority of the common areas/parks/activities ) and I enjoyed the food court. I didn't do the pool that trip but if I had the time built in I would have felt very comfortable. You also have the added bonus of the Skyliner to Epcot and Hollywood Studios if those parks are on your list.

I like to use Disney transportation (buses from resort - boats when on a route that that is an option ) but if you are in a hurry I'd feel comfortable hopping in a Minnie Van or a taxi.

Pick your parks and don't forget to get your FP's. And have an amazing time - sounds like you've earned it!

I too went through an unexpected divorce about 6 years ago. I have two kids. One is 15 and the other 21. Being married 23 years I had to learn to do things I never thought I could. That includes doing many things solo. I am contemplating a solo trip to Disney as soon as my son is old enough to be left at home alone ... just not there yet. Disney is absolutely my happy place! I still take my kids, but it’s pricy as a single mom to pay for all 3 of us. I can’t wait to explore those parks on my own on my terms! Hope you have a great trip!

Let me tell you a short story. After a stressful 29 year marriage I finally got divorced. One of the first things I did was do a solo trip to WDW. At first I was kind of overwhelmed with memories of family trips with the kids (at this point they were all grown up and married) then like magic I paid a visit the the Carousel of Progress and for some reason the stupid song "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" played and it got me thinking that I got the rest of my life ahead of me still and nothing is standing in my way now. What a feeling of relief. Maybe it will inspire you as well to just look forward and only glance backward on rare occasions. It really is a great big beautiful tomorrow that can be anything we make it.
I love this! Thank you for sharing!

Disney is the absolute best place to solo trip. In fact, I have more fun by myself than with a group because I can do what I want! I just stayed at All Star Movies and actually loved it. My first time at a value resort and I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it. But if you are looking at THE cheapest, movies is often in that category.

Similar story here! I am currently going through a divorce from my husband of almost 9 years. I am a huge Disney lover, and got him sucked into the Disney bubble while we were dating (also got engaged at MK).

Recently when I have gone to listen to park music, it makes me sad as it brings up happy memories that I know I won't be able to recreate with him. I am both excited and dreading the next time I can make it back down to Disney, as I want to create new, happy memories, but worry that I'm going to be thinking about all the old times with him.

Similar story here! I am currently going through a divorce from my husband of almost 9 years. I am a huge Disney lover, and got him sucked into the Disney bubble while we were dating (also got engaged at MK).

Recently when I have gone to listen to park music, it makes me sad as it brings up happy memories that I know I won't be able to recreate with him. I am both excited and dreading the next time I can make it back down to Disney, as I want to create new, happy memories, but worry that I'm going to be thinking about all the old times with him.
Aren't those happy memories? I know it's harder to see them that way, but you need to put your past behind you. That is history, but you will always have those happy memories. Just go make some new ones!

I did a one week solo trip for New Year’s eve last year.. i loved it!! I enjoyed the “shake it parade” at MK like 100 times .. the fireworks from every possible spot that i could think.. read 3 books during the lines.. enjoyed a dole whip at 10am just because... and took every advantage of the single rider attractions.. now I am thinking that should do it every other or every two years.. it is a wonderful place to enjoy yourself..

Pop Century's one of the affordable value resorts now with the Skyliner to the parks.
Yes, pop is the way to go. The skyliner is a huge perk. However, pop and AoA are both pricier than the all star resorts because of the skyliner. You might find cheaper prices at All Star Sports for example. Sports and Movies are my fave resorts btw. :) Next to pop of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter