Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

Hi Chris and welcome to the Dis!

I have taken this info from A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris, hope it helps.

Newport Bay standard rooms are 290 sq feet
Sequoia Lodge standard rooms are 237 sq ft
Hotel New York standard rooms are 334 sq ft
Hotel Disneyland standard rooms are 366 sq ft
Cheyenne 226 sq ft
Santa Fe 226 sq ft

If you wanted the sizes of any of the non standard rooms, let me know which ones and I'll post them.

Hi Chris, and welcome! :wave2:

Without a doubt, the Hotel New York will give you the best room for your money. Plusher rooms and bathrooms, for only a few pounds more than the Newport Bay.

Incidentally, I can't believe that the rooms at the Newport Bay are so much bigger than the ones at Sequoia Lodge? Unless the "standard" rooms in the outside lodges are smaller than the Montana rooms, and they are comparing them with those. Between my stays at the Newport Bay and the Sequoia "Montana" rooms I have never notice any difference in size.

But the New York rooms are DEFINITELY bigger!!

If you like the theming of the Hotel New York then by all means pay the small extra supplement to benefit from the higher standard of accommodation. When are you thinking of travelling? During the "offseason" Newport Bay Club can be a wonderful place to stay. However, during the peak seasons it can get extremely busy as already discussed.

If you are looking for the best value for the best room then I agree with Becky, HNY should be your first choice.

Richard. :)

This and the DLH threads are brilliant. You couldn't be persuaded to do one for the Sequoia Lodge could you????????????????????? Please??????????????????? :sunny:

diberry said:
This and the DLH threads are brilliant. You couldn't be persuaded to do one for the Sequoia Lodge could you????????????????????? Please??????????????????? :sunny:
Sure, Diana. It may take me a week or two to get it finished, but I will try and complete it as soon as I can. It's been a long time since I've stayed there :) so I may need some help from the some of the DIS Sequoia regulars! ;)

Richard. :)

::MickeyMo Hello Everyone

i am new to this discussion board but so glad that i have found it. The information is invaluable.
Me & my husband are off to DLP this Sunday and are staying on the Admirals Floor at the Newport Bay Club. This is our third time at DLP but our first at NBC. Can anyone tell me do i go straight to the admirals floor to check in? And if so which floor is it on?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Heffalump - welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

I'll be very interested to see what you think of the Admiral's Floor - I'm planning to try it next time.

Have a great trip! :)

Hi Heffalump!

Very warm welcome to you :)

Would love to hear about it when you get back!

As you've been before, what are you looking forward to most?

Welcome again :)

Karen

Hi and welcome to Dis.
I'd be keen to hear what you think of Admirals Floor since this is where rooms are located; I think, for suites for families of more than 4.

Reid

Hi Karen,

Yeah i can't wait. My husband is saying he is not excited and it's really annoying cause i am sooooooooo excited.
I am off to London tomorrow to see Lion King the musical again!!
I love Disney!!

I love Big Thunder Mountain and we have been on it at least twice evryday we have been there. After this trip we would have been at Disneyland Paris at total of 16 days!!

I'm sooooo excited.

Sally

That's OK Sally, you be excited with us :teeth: as we all understand how it feels!!

::MickeyMo Hi Everyone!!

Got back last Thursday and it was absolutley BRILLIANT!!! :Pinkbounc

Weather was gorgeous, crowds were not too bad and a very warm disney welcome.
It was GREAT!!!!!! :love:

Lots to tell and loads of photos plus about 6 hours of video tape :goodvibes

Unfortunatley i don't have time to post the report and pics today but i promise that i will soon.

Have a Disney Kinda Day!!! ::MickeyMo

Hi Heffalump!

I am so glad you had such a fantastic time! I would love to hear all about it :)

Hoping someone can help with a few queries I have we're staying on the Admiral's floor:

The brochure says that free towels are available for the swimming pool, can someone confirm this - part of the reason we booked the NPB was for the pool so don't want to arrive and find we've no towels.

Having heard how busy breakfast time can be at the hotel, can someone explain how we go about having breakfast in the room, is there a set menu to choose from ? and do we have to pay a supplement for this service - I've booked a GMF and 2 character breakfasts so it's only 2 of the mornings where we'll have breakfast at the hotel.

Also I've noticed that the Hotel Fastpass is only listed at the DLH and NY hotels in the Winter DLRP brochure, whereas the Summer brochure also has the NPB Admiral Floor listed, does anyone know if this is just an ommitance or is it changing.

Thanks in advance. :)

jillrobinson said:
Hoping someone can help with a few queries I have we're staying on the Admiral's floor:

The brochure says that free towels are available for the swimming pool, can someone confirm this - part of the reason we booked the NPB was for the pool so don't want to arrive and find we've no towels.

Having heard how busy breakfast time can be at the hotel, can someone explain how we go about having breakfast in the room, is there a set menu to choose from ? and do we have to pay a supplement for this service - I've booked a GMF and 2 character breakfasts so it's only 2 of the mornings where we'll have breakfast at the hotel.

Also I've noticed that the Hotel Fastpass is only listed at the DLH and NY hotels in the Winter DLRP brochure, whereas the Summer brochure also has the NPB Admiral Floor listed, does anyone know if this is just an ommitance or is it changing.

Thanks in advance. :)

Can help you with a couple of these:

Towels are free for Admiral floor guests. Just show your hotel ID card at the pool desk.

The website quotes: "Disney Hotel FASTPASS®: 3 opportunities per person, giving you faster entry at your choice of time on some of your favourite "FASTPASS®" attractions. Available to Guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York and Admiral's Floor at Disney's Newport Bay Club."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter