Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

Thanks Ian, if I can leave the towels at home I can squeeze a few more woolies into the suitcase, which from past experience I know we'll be needing. Given that it's March we're going I doubt whether we'll need the Hotel fastpass, but I wondered why it had changed.
Thanks again,
Jill. :earsgirl:

Jill - I've just read your question again and I think I can give you some idea about the breakfast. I know at the Hotel New York we had to pay a supplement of about 8 euros to have it delivered to our room. I'm not certain about how it was ordered, as my SIL did that part, but I believe there was a card on which you tick the items you want and then hang it outside your door before you go to bed. I presume it's the same procedure at the Newport Bay!

Hope that helps - a tiny bit!!

The only disappointing part to our DLRP trip (5-8 July) was the Newport Bay Hotel. The lobby was all torn up, there were huge lines at check in - even for the "Admiral's Floors", all the restaurants and bars were closed for renovation (AT THE SAME TIME) and the hotel needs a lot of work inside and out. Didn't have to worry about the pool since it was cool and rainy (even in July). We should have stayed at Sequoia Lodge. In fact, DW changed our reservation from SL to NBC because we love the Yacht and Beach Club so much.

Loved the parks, did NOT like the NBC at all.

Thought I'd just do a little update on this thread following on from our trip and our experience of the hotel.
March 2006 - Admiral's floor - Floor 7 - West Wing
The hotel was immaculate or at least the the areas of it we saw were.
There was some scaffolding on the outside of the building, but of the 6 Disney hotels, 4 were under renovation at this time including the DLH.
We were allocated Room 7197 - one double and a bunk bed and room 7195 next door - 2 doubles ( these rooms had interconnecting doors )
A short walk from reception to the lifts and then our rooms were just around the corner.
The rooms too were immaculate and Mousekeeping visited daily, replenishing stocks of bubble bath, shampoo, soaps and chocolates even though we hadn't used them, on the day DH wasn't well we put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door, he didn't leave the hotel until lunchtime and when we arrived back early evening the room had once again been cleaned. The rooms were definately larger than the ones we'd had at previous stays at the Cheyenne and the Santa Fe.
benefits of the Admiral's Floor.
Dedicated check in, at 4.30pm on a Saturday there was no queue, as opposed to the usual check in area which was heaving.
Luggage brought to the room by Consierge within minutes of our arrival.
(We'd used the Eurostar Disney Express Service)
A cuddly toy (retailing @ 9.90euros in the hotel shop) had been placed on each child's bed.
Welcoming letter and some chocolates for the adults along with the usual chocolate coins on the beds.
An electronic safe in the room.
A hairdryer in the bathroom and 2 adult bathrobes.
Provision of free towels for use at the Swimming Pool.
Room service and the ability to have breakfast in the room (at extra cost)
Breakfast at the "Captain's Quarters Bar" anytime between 8.00am and 10.00am. We went at about 9.00 am and were seated straight away, it was very relaxed and not the usual bunfight we've experienced at other hotel breakfasts.
The food was plentiful and constantly replenished and in additon to the usual buffet selection there were Danish Pastries, fresh fruit and a much larger
selection of cereals, cooked breakfast was available at extra cost.
Breakfast was self service, but with a hostess to serve drinks on both days we ate here ours was very attentive and constantly checking whether we had everything we needed.
A one use voucher for free coffee/tea facilities - this gave us a kettle which we kept for the duration of our stay and a basket containing 4 coffee sachets, 4 teabags, and adequate supplies of sugar, sweetener and milk along with 4 cardboard cups. Extra refreshment hampers could be purchased for 8 euros.
On the morning of departure I phoned Consierge to say we were leaving, we left our cases in the room and they were duly waiting for us at the station.

I can't praise the hotel enough, but it is very large and having seen the breakfast queues I don't think I would book a standard room here, my advice
would be spend the little bit extra and opt for the Admiral's Floor. :love:

Hi and welcome to Dis.
I'd be keen to hear what you think of Admirals Floor since this is where rooms are located; I think, for suites for families of more than 4.

Reid

In the Many Adventures of Making Disneyland Paris arrangements, I have the option of staying in the President Suite at the Newport Bay, which obviously would be concierge-level. The reservationist told me that it was the only accommodation at the Newport for my family of 5 that would include VIP Fastpass.

I've seen only one little photo of 'a suite' (who knows which one) but I'm going to not step too far on the ledge to guess that this suite would be pretty swanky. If anyone has any details (or photos!!), that would be most appreciated.

So...here's another question...if you stay on the Admirals Floor, can you opt to have your breakfast in the park, as other Newport guests do?

*Very* good to know!! That's something that my kids would like on park mornings (to already be in the park by opening, plus, I'd assume that you get some sense of a relatively peaceful and quiet park when you go in early)...and room service too!

:yay:

Just back, 27-30 March, Admiral's Floor.

Lobby was under renovation but last day, everything came down and it was very nice with a large queue area for the regular floors. Fisherman's wharf off the lobby has WiFi.

Had a 6th floor double room, main building, facing the car park. Do not get this, if you have trouble sleeping with lights...the lights on the front of the hotel are on all night and as the curtains don't cover the whole window, we moved to a room across the hall (lake view) the second day and it was fine.

They are replacing mattresses (saw them on carts all over the 6th floor) and hopefully fixing up the rooms....ours had peeling wallpaper and the loo paper holder was ripped off the wall. Hotel staff were very quick with our luggage and baby cot.

Breakfast was very nice, as was the gift shop. 2 of 3 mornings, the pool did not open because of "water problems" according to the attendant. Breakfast was walk right in up until 0900 and then it was horribly crowded.

Admiral's Floor (6,7, 8) got us dedicated check in, which was very nice, but I didn't notice much else different than other floors. Of the 3 mornings, in the lobby, characters were Goofy, Pluto and Mickey.

The park was getting fixed up for the 15th celebrations --- wet paint everywhere, a little scaffolding, and on the last day, all the empty flower beds were filled with blooming flowers. The park looks great.

We just got home from our trip, and I would never, NEVER stay at the Newport again. Never have I spent so much for so little in return. Nobody in my family felt it was worthwhile.

We had a family room, which meant we were on the Admirals Floor, and I was thoroughly disappointed with the accommodations. The beds were rock hard, and the sofa bed was worse. The room was spacious enough to accommodate queen size beds, but we had doubles.

The wallpaper was peeling in several places. There were curtains that were off their hooks. There was mold on the tiles in the tub; it was disgusting.

The pool was noisy and unimpressive (no slide!!). The hot tub was only tepid.

About the best thing about it was the separate check in area for concierge-level guests.

Several of the items I'd prearranged through the concierge service were messed up; the time we'd booked for Walt's wasn't available (and instead of telling us they'd booked us a half hour earlier, we were bluntly told that we had no reservation and if we'd like another, go to the concierge desk), the balloon 'surprise' I'd arranged for my daughter was nowhere to be found on our records (it worked out well after I checked on it and it was then put into our record). There were no hotel fastpasses either.

It was NOTHING what I think an upscale Disney property should be. Perhaps I'm used to Disney staff being warm, friendly, and helpful in the States, and about the best I got here was moderately polite, and it seemed all they could muster was to tolerate me.

And to pay to ride the cute themed little shuttle train that goes around the lake between the hotels and the village? Absurd.

Argh!! Couple of these reviews are making me nervous...

I'm staying at NPBC (Admirals Floor) next month (it will be my 18th and my DBF's first trip), not stayed at it before (previously in Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge)...

But now I'm nervous about the hotel, I don't want it to ruin our stay, and I want my DBF coming back with a good view of Disney, so he can see why I've been going on about it for the past 2 years and so I can con him into more trips aswell, haha...

Don't forget that several of us have had very good experiences at the NPB and especially Admiral's Floor. My experience of the Disney hotels still puts the NPB at the top of my list and our recent stay at SL didn't even come close to it. :)

Good to hear something positive! :)

I'm sure it'll be fine, just the last couple have been a bit negative, which makes me a bit nervous :S, but it'll be better than the Travelodge and that's what I'm used to! lol...

have to day we werent that impressed with the newport last year for our first trip to dlp. this year we are trying the davy crcokett ranch instead.

our rooms were messey, wallpaper peeling, no replenishment of soaps etc, dirty bath tub. thought we would have tea/coffee facilities for a disney hotel when you have children.

the bar area was chaotic and filled with people attending conferences and you couldnt get a drink for love nor money. the areas were always busy and the children area was never filled with paper/crayons or anything for the kiddies to do.

but then again, you dont go to disney to sit in the hotel but i expected more for the cost.

Me too getting put off by these reviews, but picked NPB for EMH, and again don't expect to be spending too much time around the Hotel. We plan to arrive at 7am, want to check in and get our passes, etc to get to the Park early. Does anyone know if we can go through the check in process then, get our key and when we come back later go straight to our room to avoid these horrendous queues I've read about, or will we still need to queue later on??

Also booked both our breakfasts at GMFL, so that we can get up and get straight to the Park. I know Parks opens at 8am for EMH, but wonder what time we'll be able to have our breakfast. If it doesn't work on the first day I hope to be able to swap back to breakfast at NPB for the second day.

Only time will tell ......

8 days to go

Also booked both our breakfasts at GMFL, so that we can get up and get straight to the Park. I know Parks opens at 8am for EMH, but wonder what time we'll be able to have our breakfast. If it doesn't work on the first day I hope to be able to swap back to breakfast at NPB for the second day.

Only time will tell ......

8 days to go

We booked late GMF breakfast during EMH.
Got to park for 8 did an hour of rides then went for breakfast about 9.15ish and still had time to do a couple more rides before normal opening. We were going to try to get 10.00 breakfast but had booked Auberge for lunch same day so thought any later would mean we wouldnt enjoy the food as much at lunch.
popcorn:: popcorn::

So is 8am the earliest you can have a GMF Breakfast. Can you choose a time or do they assign a time, can you get in and out of breakfast in half an hour. Would like to be finished by 10am to get ready to go to the other parts of the park as soon as they open.

You are allocated a time but often you get a choice (if that makes sense).

You can get breakfast earlier in the hotels. Im not sure what time the earliest GMF is. I got the impression it was 8.00 when we were there as there didnt seem to be anyone being allowed into the park when we arrived just before 8 on day 3.

You could do breakfast in half hour as not as busy in GMF as in hotels - it depends how long you want to linger.

I certainly enjoyed it more at 9.15 than I would have done at 7.00 but then Im not a morning person
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

As I say we had breakfast, did a couple more rides in FL then headed over to D Land before the park officially opened and we didnt rush breakfast.

We were allocated Bella Notta but often Chalet des Marionettes is used for GMF. If this is the case you are right next to the rope drop to get into Adventure land or Frontierland- ready to make a dash for POC or BTM.

There again if youve just eaten you may not want to dash for BTM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!