Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Is there a way for non-AP holders to see how the reservations book up? I'd like to keep an eye on this to decide how well it works before our trip in July.

Is there a way for non-AP holders to see how the reservations book up? I'd like to keep an eye on this to decide how well it works before our trip in July.

Yes, you can view the calendar here by selecting the park(s) and Disney Flex
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

Thus far it does not appear any days have filled up for reservations but there is an icon for Reservation day with no reservations available so it would seem you can "preview" availability. It does appear that the system is putting that icon on the day that is 31 days out (and therefore cannot be booked because its outside the 30 day booking window) but then it moves forward each day. So today, June 23 shows Reservation Unavailable but tomorrow it will be available and June 24 will show that etc.

Well I got home today and made my first reservation for June 22 (My Star Wars day). It was very easy. I think if your on at the 30 day mark you will be good but I am interested to see how it will be if you make a last second decision. So far I am excited about the pass.

Well I got home today and made my first reservation for June 22 (My Star Wars day). It was very easy. I think if your on at the 30 day mark you will be good but I am interested to see how it will be if you make a last second decision. So far I am excited about the pass.
I think it will be fine until more people start purchasing the pass. As of right now, I could even make a reservation for tomorrow if I wanted to. We'll see if the 24th is still available tomorrow to reserve.

This is a really dumb question, but I'm always second guessing myself. If you get this pass and do not opt for the $100 Maxpass add on, can you still add Maxpass each day for the current rate like a normal ticket? Sometimes we don't use Maxpass every day (like for arrival night, or "taking it slow" days).

This is a really dumb question, but I'm always second guessing myself. If you get this pass and do not opt for the $100 Maxpass add on, can you still add Maxpass each day for the current rate like a normal ticket? Sometimes we don't always use Maxpass all days (like for arrival night, or "taking it slow" days).
That is correct. You can add it each day for $15.

One more MaxPass question. Do you know if I upgrade 3 day passes purchased on the Disney Site with the MaxPass added at time of purchase, will that entire amount move to the Flex Pass, or just my ticket price? Thanks everyone. I am thinking we will go for the holidays (while blocked out) then upgrade to this pass the evening of our last day.

One more MaxPass question. Do you know if I upgrade 3 day passes purchased on the Disney Site with the MaxPass added at time of purchase, will that entire amount move to the Flex Pass, or just my ticket price? Thanks everyone. I am thinking we will go for the holidays (while blocked out) then upgrade to this pass the evening of our last day.

Full amount including Max Pass cost

This is a really dumb question, but I'm always second guessing myself. If you get this pass and do not opt for the $100 Maxpass add on, can you still add Maxpass each day for the current rate like a normal ticket? Sometimes we don't use Maxpass every day (like for arrival night, or "taking it slow" days).

Just remember that you only have to go in the park 7 times to pay for that MP so if you think you will go into the park more than 7 times then its worth the add in. Even on a slow day I would want MP because I can make them for both parks without having to go there. I think MP is worth it even if the place is empty.

Just remember that you only have to go in the park 7 times to pay for that MP so if you think you will go into the park more than 7 times then its worth the add in. Even on a slow day I would want MP because I can make them for both parks without having to go there. I think MP is worth it even if the place is empty.
Yeah that is a good point!

Could someone please clarify when the start date of the pass will happen? I'm planning on upgrading the pass on the last day of my 5 day ticket in August, but I won't use it until October. Would my year start in August or October or could it even start 30 days out when I make my reservation?

Could someone please clarify when the start date of the pass will happen? I'm planning on upgrading the pass on the last day of my 5 day ticket in August, but I won't use it until October. Would my year start in August or October or could it even start 30 days out when I make my reservation?

If you use a ticket to upgrade, your first day of your pass is the date you first used your ticket.

Can D23 special priced Disneyland tickets be used as an upgrade toward the pass? And can I do the monthly payment option if I am a California resident?

I would think that they'll allow you to apply the cost towards the AP, just like with any other pass that is upgraded. If you show proof of residency, they will let you sign up for the monthly payments when you do the upgrade.

I would think that they'll allow you to apply the cost towards the AP, just like with any other pass that is upgraded. If you show proof of residency, they will let you sign up for the monthly payments when you do the upgrade.
Thanks! I was worried it wouldn't apply because it says special event tickets are prohibited from being upgraded. Im assuming those are like the Halloween tickets?

Correct, I know for sure Halloween Party tickets can't be upgraded to passes.

Makes sense. Would be the same with the $299 Haunted Mansion tickets. Or even, say, Grad Night tickets. If they're not valid for regular full day park admission, that's considered a "special event."

I believe it would start with the first day of your 5 day ticket, so in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter