News Round Up 2017

I have to agree. Cars 3 is far superior over Cars 2! I always thought Cars 3 was the proper sequel to Cars.

I think people have gotten a bit over Cars (at least the movies) and felt burned by Cars 2 ... plus Cars 3 I think had some slower parts so probably wasn't as interesting to kids whereas Cars 2 has more going on and tons of new characters, etc. .... vastly inferior movie but I can see kids liking it better

Tickets are now available for the Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire Hyper-Reality Experience at Downtown Disney and Disney Springs!

This experience will be opening at Disney Springs (Walt Disney World) on December 16, 2017.
This experience will be opening at Downtown Disney (Disneyland Resort) on January 5, 2018.

It looks like ticket prices will be $29.95 per person.

Purchase Tickets: https://www.thevoid.com

Disney Parks Blog Article: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...the-void/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo1005171011170047C

gotta admit, I was expecting it to cost a lot more

Shaky at best....

The movie is still a month out from release.

They're all shaky at best if we're honest...

Maybe some don't realize that country pavilions have been "all but confirmed" every year since the Gipper...NEXT!!

Coco isn't out yet...and rio is a minor ride that was recently overhauled...I don't see a legitimate angle as it stands now there.

And they may add a U.K. ride...certainly goes to a new pattern...but brave? I know it's been a decent overall product for them...but If they want to distract kids...I think there are others that can do a better job.

I don't think its a great sign that a Halloween movie is premiering Thanksgiving....

But perhaps there is a reasonable explanation on that?
It comes out in January in the UK, with a Holiday short and a movie about the DAy of the Dead? Doesn't quote make sense tbh. :)

The article about the shelving of Gigantic that @rteetz posted had this quote by Ed Catmull (Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios President): “We are focusing our energies on another project that has been in the works, which we’ll be sharing more about soon, now set for Thanksgiving 2020.”

The article then referenced insiders who said the replacement 2020 film would be an original feature.

So we may still get an original in 2020, but I'm not too excited about the volume of sequels we're getting over the next few years. I'd far prefer a better mix of original features:sequels.
Good catch.

Tickets are now available for the Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire Hyper-Reality Experience coming to Downtown Disney and Disney Springs!

This experience will be opening at Disney Springs (Walt Disney World) on December 16, 2017.
This experience will be opening at Downtown Disney (Disneyland Resort) on January 5, 2018.

It looks like ticket prices will be $29.95 per person.

From the Disney Parks Blog Article: "Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport guests deep into the Star Wars universe, walking freely and untethered throughout the multisensory experience with friends and family. In groups of four, teams will go undercover as stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence vital to the budding rebellion’s survival."

Purchase Tickets: https://www.thevoid.com

Disney Parks Blog Article: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...the-void/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo1005171011170047C

A little behind at Disneyland it seems...

I agree. I wonder how long the experience is going to be. I'll be looking at doing this on my next trip (if it isn't sold out lol).

Looking at the online ticket sales - the tickets are at 15 minute intervals - but I assume there are more than one room so not sure if that tells us much

hope you appreciated this daily enlightenment of a post :D

as of Oct 9th, Cars 3 made $152.6m domestic, and $374.4 worldwide .... cars 2 made $191.5m domestic and $562.1m worldwide, so down a bit (not sure if 3 is still playing in some markets) - despite it being a far superior movie

Issue is the budget is so high - Cars 3 was $175m and of the worldwide receipts I think the studios only keep about 1/2 meanings Cars 3 likely just broke even. Now, they have merchandise and stuff so I am sure they will do ok, but not a great take

Usually, you need to plan 3x production budget to have a profit...barely 2x, especially with the way Disney markets (aka, they don't cheap out on marketing), means the movie itself probably lost money and now it's waiting on the toys, merchandise, and digital/DVD sales to break it even and make some money...
I don't think its a great sign that a Halloween movie is premiering Thanksgiving....

But perhaps there is a reasonable explanation on that?

Especially when it's premiering in Mexico at a proper time...

Looking at the online ticket sales - the tickets are at 15 minute intervals - but I assume there are more than one room so not sure if that tells us much

hope you appreciated this daily enlightenment of a post :D
That would be a very expensive experience for a family of 4 for only 15 minutes if that is the case. I would hope that this is a 30+ minute experience. They can always do separate groups starting periodically while other groups are further ahead.

So, I think everyone is forgetting about the animated feature Disney announced that takes place in some sort of fairy tale world, but where they don't really use magic anymore, but still elves and trolls and unicorns exist. I think it was a Pixar project though.

There are an awful lot of sequels right now: but truth be told that's only the next two Pixar movies and next two Disney movies. Beyond that we don't really know but there have been no indications of any movies worthy of sequels. I believe Lassiter even said that after this bout of sequels they were going back to original fare. (And you can't tell me that at least Incredibles2 and WiR2 aren't sequels that there was a high degree of interest in. Admittedly I think no one wants another Toy Story movie, and those that want more Frozen are under 10.)

So, I think everyone is forgetting about the animated feature Disney announced that takes place in some sort of fairy tale world, but where they don't really use magic anymore, but still elves and trolls and unicorns exist. I think it was a Pixar project though.

There are an awful lot of sequels right now: but truth be told that's only the next two Pixar movies and next two Disney movies. Beyond that we don't really know but there have been no indications of any movies worthy of sequels. I believe Lassiter even said that after this bout of sequels they were going back to original fare. (And you can't tell me that at least Incredibles2 and WiR2 aren't sequels that there was a high degree of interest in. Admittedly I think no one wants another Toy Story movie, and those that want more Frozen are under 10.)

It is the sequels plus all the live action remakes at the same time - so it feels like a lot of not so original material coming out right now

News

Disney streaming service to be called Disney Anywhere?

https://twitter.com/disney/status/918197316707811328

Interesting. There was an article yesterday about Disney Movies Anywhere gaining access to other studio production. Apparently 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros, and Universal Pictures and others are on board for making that the foundation for "Movies Anywhere" as an online vault for purchased content. Let me see if I can find a link.

I can't link the source Bloomberg document, but this link will get you there: http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-movies-anywhere/

News

Disney streaming service to be called Disney Anywhere?

https://twitter.com/disney/status/918197316707811328
I'm guessing they're referring to Movies Anywhere - which is rumored to be announced any time now.

It sounds like it'll be Disney Movies Anywhere, but with the inclusion of some other major studios (20th Century Fox, Warner Bros, Universal).

Here's a link for more information: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-are-said-to-join-forces-for-download-service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts