News Round Up 2017

I'm hoping they let the Imagineers go crazy with Epcot's GotG ride, including all sorts of classic EPCOT easter eggs ... With the Marvel Cosmic theme, they can use the Time Gem (infinity stone) as an excuse to bring in all sorts of retro EPCOT references like Horizons, World of Motion etc ... If they want to take away the science from Future World, they should at least leave some loving homages in the GotG coaster.
Wouldn't it be great if it included old Epcot songs as the soundtrack :)

It would be nice if Soarin at least alternated between the old and new film. Or whichever one was more popular had 2 theaters and the other had 1, and you could choose which one you want. There are things I like better about the new one, but overall the old film is so much better IMO.

I agree with that too - even if not all the time but like Weekdays after 5pm they have the old version available or something

It would be nice if Soarin at least alternated between the old and new film. Or whichever one was more popular had 2 theaters and the other had 1, and you could choose which one you want. There are things I like better about the new one, but overall the old film is so much better IMO.
To each their own I guess. We all liked the new version much better. It may help that the new version has Schloss Neuschwanstein and that castle is every bit as stunning in person as it is on the screen.

OR kept the California film at Disney California Adventure and changed the EPCOT film to the one they have now (Around the World). The California film would suit the theme so much better at DCA than the Around the World film which is also playing there now.

I am hoping that whatever they replace Gigantic with will be an original project. Their next couple of films are sequels, so I'd like to see a whole new idea being developed.

Shame about Gigantic btw. My avatar is now stale.

New Star Wars Battlefront II Single Player Trailer! This looks awesome!!! I can't wait for November 17th!!!

Forget EA!! Based on this ....

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...reboot-its-star-wars-game-due-to-marketplace/

EA is not getting a freakin' dime from me! EA had a single player Star Wars game in development under the mastermind behind 'Uncharted' and 'The Last of Us' ... and they tank the project to most likely focus on multi-player and micro-transactions / loot boxes!

I hope Batttlefront II fails hard

To each their own I guess. We all liked the new version much better. It may help that the new version has Schloss Neuschwanstein and that castle is every bit as stunning in person as it is on the screen.

I was just there last week, the whole area is just incredible.

I think the distortion is worse in the new version (the Eiffel Tower always looks horribly bent), but I like it overall. I miss the old smells, but the new ones are still good.

I'm sure the interns who put this together would feel really good about that statement... While it may not have been the announcement we all thought it would be, these kids got there hard work and talent presented to millions of people. Personally, I think that's pretty neat. Yay interns!
Pretty sure he means it sucks that it's not an announcement for a new movie, not that the short sucks.

Pretty sure he means it sucks that it's not an announcement for a new movie, not that the short sucks.

Oh I'm know. I'm just saying that its pretty exciting for the interns. Just cause we aren't excited for it doesn't mean we should dismiss their work.

Oh I'm know. I'm just saying that its pretty exciting for the interns. Just cause we aren't excited for it doesn't mean we should dismiss their work.

I think this one’s on Disney. If they had framed this appropriately as a short that their interns had worked on in their tweet yesterday, everyone would have looked forward to it and been excited to see what the next generation of Disney is capable of. The poor interns got set up for disappointment. I too was bummed but am still excited to watch the teaser for the short later today.

I think this one’s on Disney. If they had framed this appropriately as a short that their interns had worked on in their tweet yesterday, everyone would have looked forward to it and been excited to see what the next generation of Disney is capable of. The poor interns got set up for disappointment. I too was bummed but am still excited to watch the teaser for the short later today.

Though to be fair, it was posted in a specific twitter account for that area, and the majority of other tweets were about the interns - not the general Disney twitter or anything so I think a lot of people just read too much into it ... especially with the timing of coming shortly after the announced cancelling of Gigantic and indications that it would be replaced with something

So looking back, it was reasonable to make the assumptions that were, but critical thinking could have tempered that. So probably one of those, nobody's fault really - just unfortunate timing

For what it's worth - the account the tweet came from was "DisneyAnimationJobs". Doubtful that Disney would announce a new movie from that platform vs one of their more robustly followed handles. 90% of the tweets on that account are regarding internship deadlines....

I'm sure the interns who put this together would feel really good about that statement... While it may not have been the announcement we all thought it would be, these kids got there hard work and talent presented to millions of people. Personally, I think that's pretty neat. Yay interns!
Nothing against them by any means. I was just expecting more based on the tease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!