News Round Up 2017

He didn't give any details and said he cannot say anything but I think it was to tell people that Disney is still working on original projects not just remakes and sequels.
Some of the NDAs are really, really strict. Saying it's an original project could be enough.

I was just there last week, the whole area is just incredible.

I think the distortion is worse in the new version (the Eiffel Tower always looks horribly bent), but I like it overall. I miss the old smells, but the new ones are still good.
The distortion is distracting...

Neuschwanstein is bad...but the Eiffel is just weird to me. I don't get the "bendy" approach...

And it's much more impressive during the day...so that's disappointing too.

I found if you are in the middle is isn't that bad ... but on either end and it is extremely distorted that it really takes you out of it
I remember seeing people say that so the only time we made it on to Soarin' on our trip I was glad we were in the middle. We were also in the actual middle too as far as how high you go. I enjoyed Soarin' just like I did before (though I appreciated seeing world sites too) but I did feel like there were moments where the CGI was too easy to spot. I try to just stay in the moment but that was a bit jarring. If it's any consolation I do the same when it comes to movies and whatnot. I may still know something is CGI but if it's done as seamless as possible then it doesn't take you out of the movie.

I remember seeing people say that so the only time we made it on to Soarin' on our trip I was glad we were in the middle. We were also in the actual middle too as far as how high you go. I enjoyed Soarin' just like I did before (though I appreciated seeing world sites too) but I did feel like there were moments where the CGI was too easy to spot. I try to just stay in the moment but that was a bit jarring. If it's any consolation I do the same when it comes to movies and whatnot. I may still know something is CGI but if it's done as seamless as possible then it doesn't take you out of the movie.

First time we did it we made sure to sit in the middle (always ask to sit in B1 - which is the front of the middle section so also no dangling feet in your vision) and prior to riding I had heard so much about the crazy distortion and how bad the CGI was - so maybe that set my expectations, but I found the distortion not that bad (really only noticed anything at all with the Eifel Tower) and really only one scene was the GCI that obvious to me (but again, i was anticipating it being a disaster)

Then I rode it from one of the side bays and the distortion was just atrocious - so never again!

First time we did it we made sure to sit in the middle (always ask to sit in B1 - which is the front of the middle section so also no dangling feet in your vision) and prior to riding I had heard so much about the crazy distortion and how bad the CGI was - so maybe that set my expectations, but I found the distortion not that bad (really only noticed anything at all with the Eifel Tower) and really only one scene was the GCI that obvious to me (but again, i was anticipating it being a disaster)

Then I rode it from one of the side bays and the distortion was just atrocious - so never again!

The thing I've noticed about requesting B1 is that it ensures you will be on the EDGE of B1. I don't think there is any way to request true front and center without being a total pain in the butt.

My sister and I actually call it the Leaning Tower of Eiffel. I told her afterwards that is was a good thing we didn’t have the Leaning Tower of Pisa: it would either be on the ground or standing up straight. This past trip was the first time we did not make an effort to ride it.

Here at Disney now. I'm relaying this story from my brother-in-law who went home yesterday. So I have no verification if it's true.

2 days ago at Epcot he signed his son up for the Agent P Adventure. He was told that he had to download an app to his own phone to play the game. The reason? Apparently a large organized group of people signed up recently and walked off with about 150 phones. Leaving Disney with about 20. The theory is that they will try to jailbreak them and resell them.

Here at Disney now. I'm relaying this story from my brother-in-law who went home yesterday. So I have no verification if it's true.

2 days ago at Epcot he signed his son up for the Agent P Adventure. He was told that he had to download an app to his own phone to play the game. The reason? Apparently a large organized group of people signed up recently and walked off with about 150 phones. Leaving Disney with about 20. The theory is that they will try to jailbreak them and resell them.

I don't know what the point of that is...

But I guess if they all left at once you couldn't stop them. Sounds like a tour group...

Hasn't that been how Agent P has worked for quite a while now?

man, people are the worst

to be honest I was kinda surprised that they didn't do it via an app on your phone anyway ... just feels like it would be easier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter