News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The walls were going up overnight while we were there 2/8 and 2/9. It was kind of a bummer since we hadn't gotten a chance to ride it yet, and we didn't want to bother once the walls were all the way up. But I'm glad they mostly weren't there on 2/7 when we had dinner at CRT and got to watch HEA from our table. You can see some of the wall in the pictures.
View attachment 303576 View attachment 303577
UGH! I am going on Saturday what an eyesore!

Can I just say, this would NEVER work on me?! I'd just skip the show.

"The idea behind the show is to draw crowds to the Disney Village and out of the parks at night so they can close earlier, all while driving more money into the entertainment district."
Now that Disney has full control of Paris I am sure they want to crank up the revenue from those parks. Its probably a similar goal of the drone show that was at Disney Springs. It was a draw to the shopping so people would spend money.

Now that Disney has full control of Paris I am sure they want to crank up the revenue from those parks. Its probably a similar goal of the drone show that was at Disney Springs. It was a draw to the shopping so people would spend money.
Oh, I totally get the theory! It just would NEVER work on our family! We're just not interested enough in a show like illuminations or RoL to go to a different location just for that and a restaurant/shopping. And if it came at the cost of closing the park early?? That would be a big detractor for us. Curious how well this actually does.

News

Disney Theatrical's Broadway production of Frozen is now accepting entries for $30 lottery tickets.

"A limited number of $30 tickets will be sold to winners of the random lottery drawing, with two tickets allowed per winner. Entries for the lottery for each performance will be accepted until 11am ET the day before the performance. Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at around 12:30pm the day before the performance by email and by text message if a phone number is provided; entrants will also be able to check results online after that time."

Frozen starts previews on Broadway at the St. James Theatre this Thursday, February 22nd. It will officially open on Broadway on March 22, 2018.

Website to access the lottery: http://www.luckyseat.com/frozen/

Source: http://www.theatermania.com/broadwa...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20feb2018

if bob chapek keeps up his battle with WDW, he may have his days numbered. Disneyland has to get 11.00 an hour this year and it goes up until it reaches 15.00 an hour because california is forcing them to do so. unless unemployment increases the dollar amount goes up annually. and those employees are guanteed those bonuses too. But he keeps forgetting where his flagship resort is. it's not california, it's florida. that is where DVC is based and everyone wants to come to. so he is pushing cast members away with his behavior and there is a labor shortage in orlando right now so it would be extremely hard to fill those positions. they already are having trouble filling positions in housekeeping and they are building a new hotel. Mr Chapek is a bean counter and really doesn't understand hospitality. btw unions aren't asking for 15.00 an hour out of the gate, they want a merit system so if you work longer you get more money and no offense but I wouldnt trust everything the unions say. employees are going to get those bonuses and i think that disney pointed that out to the union but the union reps didn't understand . Disney is not going to deal with PR backlash especially after they rose prices at US resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts