News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldnt be terrible to get rid of the nonHabachi Japanese restaurant to make room for this I think

I'm thankful that's not happening. Tokyo Dining is one of my favorite restaurants. I think it's underrated, which doesn't bother me because it makes getting a table easier when I want to go.

I am definitely of the opinion that I have no issue with anything extra being offered as long as the impact to the "base" experience I minimal - but I think there is starting to be evidence that the more hard ticketed events they offer the shorter the park hours even on non-event days. Now it is hard to explicitly state that one is the exact cause of the other (maybe even without hard ticketed events they would be cutting back on hours) but certainly seems to be a bit of a correlation
I can't imagine what the link between those two things would be, logically speaking. I grant you the correlation, but can't think of how it would be a case of causation.

I can't imagine what the link between those two things would be, logically speaking. I grant you the correlation, but can't think of how it would be a case of causation.

Well, like I said, hard to prove a direct link but the idea would be to make more $ as the fewer park hours on the standard ticket the more attractive the "extra" tickets look. And even in this thread you see people saying the loved when they could win MK until 1am or later - which used to be pretty common on the "base" ticket but now to do that you need an extra ticket ... so eventually they will have the same number of total hours open (and this same number of CM hours they are paying) but you are getting multiple tickets paid for those same hours

Well, like I said, hard to prove a direct link but the idea would be to make more $ as the fewer park hours on the standard ticket the more attractive the "extra" tickets look. And even in this thread you see people saying the loved when they could win MK until 1am or later - which used to be pretty common on the "base" ticket but now to do that you need an extra ticket ... so eventually they will have the same number of total hours open (and this same number of CM hours they are paying) but you are getting multiple tickets paid for those same hours
What they did with drastically reduced MK hours last Aug was NUTS, IMO. There was no party to attend at that time of year. I don’t see a causal link there.

I loved the late MK hours. It doesn’t make me any more likely to buy party tix though, even when available. One or two of those in a trip hardly makes up for lost regular hours at MK in particular — to me. I can see it having a marginal impact, though. But again, that wouldn’t explain reduced hours at times of year where there are no parties to attend.

I haven't seen this posted here...but under the category

NEWS

and

ABOUT FLIPPIN' TIME

Disney FINALLY extended MK park hours in February. For the longest time they were showing that MK was closing at 8 PM every night in February, including the busier President's Day / Princess Half Marathon week. Well, sometime in the last few days they extended it, with weekend hours open until 11 PM or midnight, and during that particular week open until 10 PM during the week. (Some weekdays earlier in the month still show 8 PM closing, but that's not really a surprise.) This is not really surprising as it seems to be standard policy now to wait until about a month out to list the actual hours that the parks will be opening. It makes it particularly annoying for planning, though!

For those of you going that week that want to try for last minute dining, good chance MK now has some after 8 PM dining openings.

I haven't seen this posted here...but under the category

NEWS

and

ABOUT FLIPPIN' TIME

Disney FINALLY extended MK park hours in February. For the longest time they were showing that MK was closing at 8 PM every night in February, including the busier President's Day / Princess Half Marathon week. Well, sometime in the last few days they extended it, with weekend hours open until 11 PM or midnight, and during that particular week open until 10 PM during the week. (Some weekdays earlier in the month still show 8 PM closing, but that's not really a surprise.) This is not really surprising as it seems to be standard policy now to wait until about a month out to list the actual hours that the parks will be opening. It makes it particularly annoying for planning, though!

For those of you going that week that want to try for last minute dining, good chance MK now has some after 8 PM dining openings.
I hope they similarly come to their senses re Aug as compared to last year. Was crazy.

French chief Paul Bocuse (Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul) has passed away at 91.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/20/obituaries/paul-bocuse-dead.html

Quoted from the NYT:
"Nouvelle cuisine lost momentum, but Mr. Bocuse did not. In the early 1980s, the Walt Disney Company invited him to create restaurants for the French pavilion at Epcot Center (now Walt Disney World) in Orlando, Fla. With Gaston Lenôtre and Roger Vergé, he developed Les Chefs de France restaurant, which is now operated by his son, Jérôme, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. It serves 2,000 meals a day and generates about $30 million a year."

Per this....

Per insider Martin over at WDWMagic.com - there is a possibility that once Tron is in, SM could be gone. It is a faint chance, but it IS being discussed. One has to wonder why you would want two major indoor rollercoasters next to each other.......
I have a hard time believing they would get rid of SM. Martin said it’s being discussed and is a faint chance. I wouldn’t put too much into that at this time. :)

Per this....

Per insider Martin over at WDWMagic.com - there is a possibility that once Tron is in, SM could be gone. It is a faint chance, but it IS being discussed. One has to wonder why you would want two major indoor rollercoasters next to each other.......
If this happens, anyone want my BLT points? Space is the one ride I can recall riding when I was 8 and went down with my folks for a single day. It holds a special place for me with both parents passed and me finally having 2 little ones and them starting to ask questions about their grandparents.

Per this....

Why did they put two thrill rides next to each other in DHS. What a stupid comment. I know Martin is considered an accurate insider, but he pulls a lot of stuff out of his butt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!