News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they put two thrill rides next to each other in DHS. What a stupid comment. I know Martin is considered an accurate insider, but he pulls a lot of stuff out of his butt too.
I disagree to an extent. You'd be surprised what is thrown around at Disney in terms of ideas. Martin said this is an idea of what is possible. Now I don't think it will happen and he even said its unlikely which makes me wonder why he even posted it then.

I disagree to an extent. You'd be surprised what is thrown around at Disney in terms of ideas. Martin said this is an idea of what is possible. Now I don't think it will happen and he even said its unlikely which makes me wonder why he even posted it then.
The genius of it is it is quite a ways out still so if it never happens everyone will have forgotten about the rumor. However if it does come to be, he gets to say “I called this way back when!”

The genius of it is it is quite a ways out still so if it never happens everyone will have forgotten about the rumor. However if it does come to be, he gets to say “I called this way back when!”
This describes most of the "insiders" for anything anywhere on the Internet. It's the spaghetti method of predicting and if no one is keeping score on your accuracy there is no downside.
Unless the thing is falling down, which it might be, when does Disney ever get rid of one of the most popular rides in a park? Mr. Toad's might be closest and that wasn't anywhere near that popular. EPCOT has always been a sponsor thing, like the Imagination disaster. But really popular things stay and SM is a top 4 ride in MK.

I don't understand why anyone would think 2 coasters or headliners next to each other would be a problem. As already mentioned, TZ and RnRc are neighbors. BTMRR and Splash Mtn. are also neighbors. My question is, once MK has 5, or more, very popular rides, do you think they will become a tiered park??

aren't tower of terror and rock n rollercoaster right next to each other? test track and mission space? splash mountain and big thunder? why exactly would it matter if 2 great rides are in close proximity? besides, there's only so much room left so ya just gotta do what ya gotta do to bring new things into MK. :)

Per this....

Per insider Martin over at WDWMagic.com - there is a possibility that once Tron is in, SM could be gone. It is a faint chance, but it IS being discussed. One has to wonder why you would want two major indoor rollercoasters next to each other.......

I actually hope they take Space down for a major refurb after Tron opens. They could redo the track to make it more thrilling, better effects, better queue, better ride vehicle, etc. Disneyland's ride vehicle is SOOO much better with the built-in audio like RnR. Also allows the flexibility for seasonal events like Halloween Space and Star Wars Space.

I think I’m one of the few that isn’t bothered by Space mountain. I find it so rough to ride and I’m generally not a fan.

I don’t think it will go though. Even if it’s suggsted by Disney I think the fan community would really go to town on this and Disney would back down.

Certainly after the 50th though, take it down for a long rehab

I was thinking the same thing - I am sure a lot of crazy ideals get mentioned and don't really go anywhere: get rid of Space Mountain, build a villains themed 5th gate, dress the Castle up as a birthday cake - I mean, just some crazy ideas that will never happen ;)

I could see them taking the space mountain concept and using that as a third major E-ticket attraction in SWGE. I believe the hyperspace mountain overlay has been popular. There could be two separate tracks contained in one giant show building, and the cars on one track could be TIE fighters and X-wings on the other. They could build a death star and other star wars planets in the show building that the track goes around. If they envisioned something like this then maybe getting rid of space mountain wouldn't be a bad idea.

OK - I agree someone might have at one point said "Should we take out Space Mountain?" But this is this still so beyond the ridiculous. It is one of the most popular attractions in all four parks. It consistently has the second longest wait in MK behind 7DMT, and I bet in a few years it will be back at #1. There is no reason at all to take it out.

OK - I agree someone might have at one point said "Should we take out Space Mountain?" But this is this still so beyond the ridiculous. It is one of the most popular attractions in all four parks. It consistently has the second longest wait in MK behind 7DMT, and I bet in a few years it will be back at #1. There is no reason at all to take it out.
I "liked" this but still feel the need to say :thumbsup2. :)

I don't understand why anyone would think 2 coasters or headliners next to each other would be a problem. As already mentioned, TZ and RnRc are neighbors. BTMRR and Splash Mtn. are also neighbors. My question is, once MK has 5, or more, very popular rides, do you think they will become a tiered park??
Having more popular rides usually makes tiering less likely. Magic Kingdom has so many popular attractions offering FP+ that it's simply not necessary.

Having more popular rides usually makes tiering less likely. Magic Kingdom has so many popular attractions offering FP+ that it's simply not necessary.
Right. There is already so much to choose from and people want vastly different things that it’s really not difficult to get FP for anything except the newest thing.

Just think when we have 3 mountains, Tron, 7DMT, the new theater which I’m sure will be popular for FP. That’s 6 “tier 1” options to go around. That means pretty much everyone can book ALL “tier 1” rides that want to. At other parks the tiers are to make sure everyone gets a least 1.

Right. There is already so much to choose from and people want vastly different things that it’s really not difficult to get FP for anything except the newest thing.

Just think when we have 3 mountains, Tron, 7DMT, the new theater which I’m sure will be popular for FP. That’s 6 “tier 1” options to go around. That means pretty much everyone can book ALL “tier 1” rides that want to. At other parks the tiers are to make sure everyone gets a least 1.
Not to mention fantasyland options like peter pan and Pooh. MK is completely loaded when it comes to variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!