News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, 10/16 may be an interesting day for MDE. Not a lot of data to go on, but this may also show that Disney pushes MDE system updates on Tuesdays? The last big flub with MDE occurred on 9/11 which was a Tues, and now the 'go-live' for the new ticket system will be a Tues as well.
That would be bad. We already have to deal with Microsoft updates on tuesdays

Yeah, 10/16 may be an interesting day for MDE. Not a lot of data to go on, but this may also show that Disney pushes MDE system updates on Tuesdays? The last big flub with MDE occurred on 9/11 which was a Tues, and now the 'go-live' for the new ticket system will be a Tues as well.

Given that things are down again today, it looks like any Tuesday is bad.

KtP reporting: "Doppelmayr, the company building the Walt Disney World Gondola system, has confirmed at the European IAAPA convention that the Gondolas will NOT offer Air Conditioning."

KtP reporting: "Doppelmayr, the company building the Walt Disney World Gondola system, has confirmed at the European IAAPA convention that the Gondolas will NOT offer Air Conditioning."

I have thought this was a mistake all along. I've spent plenty of time on gondolas. Most recently, we've been visiting a ski resort in northern Idaho the past few summers and ride a long gondola there. Outside temps are usually in the 70s-80s with very little humidity and it starts to get toasty in there about midway up the mountain! Now, I did see that @bioreconstruct tweeted yesterday some approximate times for each route (his projections based on a gondola transit system in Bolivia) and the longest one is only 3 minutes 49 seconds. So, assuming no breakdowns, you're not going to be up there very long at all. But, there are likely to be some stoppages, so those passengers in the heat and humidity of summer are going to bake when that happens!

I have thought this was a mistake all along. I've spent plenty of time on gondolas. Most recently, we've been visiting a ski resort in northern Idaho the past few summers and ride a long gondola there. Outside temps are usually in the 70s-80s with very little humidity and it starts to get toasty in there about midway up the mountain! Now, I did see that @bioreconstruct tweeted yesterday some approximate times for each route (his projections based on a gondola transit system in Bolivia) and the longest one is only 3 minutes 49 seconds. So, assuming no breakdowns, you're not going to be up there very long at all. But, there are likely to be some stoppages, so those passengers in the heat and humidity of summer are going to bake when that happens!
The difference between these and ski area Gondolas, is that these are designed for more airflow. Ski resorts want them fully protected from wind inside for warmth. The open vents and airflow will keep them cooler, even while stopped.

we need to see the final cars - but reports are (and some of the photos seen seem to confirm this) that there will be some reflective coating on the cars and a passive cooling system (vents) - so that, combined with the short duration, I don't think it will get too bad inside the cars ... maybe similar to outside but not much worse and thus not much worse then when you wait 15 mins for a bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter