News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were to hurt the 5 diamond award I would think Disney wouldn’t be doing it then. Having that 5 diamond award is a big deal for Disney.

Agree, that’s why I can’t figure out if it’s true or not. Will ask the Mizner’s bar tenders this week when I am there (for last time?)

Definitely not going back if it is B&tB themed. Sad, always felt the Grand was my home resort, YC is pulling me more lately and killing off Mizner’s... I fear for the Grand.

It would take a lot of work to move and change that area. Right next to TSL you have a cast parking garage. Then around that you have all the old studio buildings now used for various other things. While yes they could move all of that I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

The energy plant is back there, too. I'm not an engineer, but I'd guess that moving something like that would be stupid expensive.

hstudios-energyplant-binged-dot-it2OrEqTZ.jpg

Source/Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2OrEqTZ

Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true.

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.
To each their own I guess. A B&tB theme would significantly increase my desire to go. I go to Disney for Disney. I can go to a more adult themed/oriented bar anywhere. Though I really don't feel this would make me feel like it's a kid's theme by any means.

The energy plant is back there, too. I'm not an engineer, but I'd guess that moving something like that would be stupid expensive.

Oh I'm sure. I know they put trees on the map on purpose , of course. Just the way the park is laid out with lands on essentially either side of the backstage area gives the illusion that plopping a land between them is a no-brainer.

They probably wouldn’t move that. It’s needed for power. They would likely build around it.
I'm not sure that is actually an "Energy Plant" as in a generation facility. It might be a centralized hot/chilled water plant though. Either way its not a trivial thing to move.

Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true.

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.

I think there is absolutely a way to do this with an adult theme ... I mean it is all libraries and wood and big bulky pieces. I think the references will be subtle

now, if they have an animatronic Lumiere serving the drinks, i take this all back

Agree, that’s why I can’t figure out if it’s true or not. Will ask the Mizner’s bar tenders this week when I am there (for last time?)

Definitely not going back if it is B&tB themed. Sad, always felt the Grand was my home resort, YC is pulling me more lately and killing off Mizner’s... I fear for the Grand.

I always tend to give things at least one try before ever saying never. While I liked Mizner's it was mainly for the band as the room, the bar and the atmosphere was always a little too stuffy for me. The room itself was actually elegant but very plain at the same time. IMO, it basically had zero theme.

I always tend to give things at least one try before ever saying never. While I liked Mizner's it was mainly for the band as the room, the bar and the atmosphere was always a little too stuffy for me. The room itself was actually elegant but very plain at the same time. IMO, it basically had zero theme.

I am interested to see what happens to the bad. I know they said during construction they will be relocated to the main floor near where they will have a temporary bar - but if it was mentioned in the article about the new bar about where the band will be, I missed it

Hey - I noticed they actually showed the Splash Pack pricing. $44 + tax. Still not sure I would call it a great value, but less than some were speculating. If you didn't bring you towel it might be worth the purchase.

yeah, noticed the same thing ... if you were going to buy the other things anyway probably works out to getting the towel for free

I am interested to see what happens to the bad. I know they said during construction they will be relocated to the main floor near where they will have a temporary bar - but if it was mentioned in the article about the new bar about where the band will be, I missed it

I don't think it was mentioned. Since it is outside of the footprints that were mentioned, I was hoping they were still going to be where they were.

I think there is absolutely a way to do this with an adult theme ... I mean it is all libraries and wood and big bulky pieces. I think the references will be subtle

now, if they have an animatronic Lumiere serving the drinks, i take this all back

Yeah, I love a library themed bar. Have been to a quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter