News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been keto for a 1 1/2 years, except at Disney. We went 5 times in the last year. The first day is usually the worst but the body adjusts well.

We don't eat keto, but we are healthy eaters and I don't have a large appetite.
About a week before we go to Disney, I swear I start eating chips and fast food, to get my stomach ready! This way I avoid the tummy troubles when I get to Disney from all the (good) bad food! :)

Nothing I do will allow me to eat the "fun" WDW foods and not be miserable enough to actually have to miss going to the park, so I am just glad that these days one can eat pretty healthy at the parks if you are willing to put on blinders to all of the fancy desserts. (I often say I wish WDW would switch to all natural sweeteners and colors and such, but the fact that they don't keeps me eating much healthier at their parks since I cannot eat hardly any of their dessert items at all.)

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.

What a bummer. We were looking forward to this for our Feb. 2020 trip.

I guess the bright side is that I was expecting to have to choose between this and SDD for advance FP booking and this makes the decision for me.

Mostly I’m sad because I was really looking forward to having another ride at DHS without a height requirement. Right now there is just ONE ride at DHS (TSM) that everyone in our group can ride.

Because right now it has tolerable crowds, whether you want to spend a full day or not doesn’t matter. Come the end of August, the entire place will be saturated and it doesn’t have nearly enough to handle the demand. Future tense because it’s going to get much worse.

It’s a shame what’s become of my favorite park.

I guess to me the reason it has tolerable crowds right now is exactly because it is a mess and has been for awhile. I agree it is a shame. Like I said, TSL is the only thing getting us over there this trip. And, I will let the SWGE crescendo die down before I attempt to go see it. Heck, MMRR will probably be done before I elect to go there.

Rides delayed, prices going up, possibly losing discounts, possibly monetizing fast passes..

Speaking to Disney.

enhance

this Galaxy's Edge better the best thing that has ever happened to ANYONE at this point!!!

enhance

Last edited:
So SWGE is opening in a park with a lot less attraction capacity than the park had before they started tearing it up (with both GMR and Lights Motors gone). That's not going to be pretty. But alas, this all seems par for the course lately.

Last edited:
So SWGE is opening in a park with a lot less attraction than the park had before they started tearing it up (with both GMR and Lights Motors gone). That's not going to be pretty. But alas, this all seems par for the course lately.

I prefer that over waiting to open SWGE next spring just so it has MRRR available as well, plus I think they opened TSL to help.

Because right now it has tolerable crowds, whether you want to spend a full day or not doesn’t matter. Come the end of August, the entire place will be saturated and it doesn’t have nearly enough to handle the demand. Future tense because it’s going to get much worse.

It’s a shame what’s become of my favorite park.

It's my favorite too (I recently decided this lol) and I just want to like hang out in it without tons of crowds :(

So SWGE is opening in a park with a lot less attraction capacity than the park had before they started tearing it up (with both GMR and Lights Motors gone). That's not going to be pretty. But alas, this all seems par for the course lately.
Yes but they have added SDD A2S and LMRA show. It is probably going to be crazy and ridiculous, but you cant talk about what has closed without noting what has opened

might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but any chance this relates to Rise of the Resistance and need to spread out imagineers to get that running and then maybe tie the opening of both of these together? So MMRR not there for land initial opening but ready for the full opening?
They also need to hire and train enough cast members to staff all the new attractions, stores, and food places. Plus additional staff for gondolas and added security and custodial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!