News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

So If I'm reading this correct - The Epcot line runs from one hour before park opening to one hour after park closing. This doesn't surprise me - but also tells me they are not pushing people to stay in the Boardwalk area - which is fine by me!

The DHS line in October is running 15 minutes before EMH starts, to one hour after park closing. Early November, it's 2 hours before park opening (probably for early breakfast) to two hours after closing. And then later in the month its 2+ hours before opening and FOUR hours after closing? Then in December it gets even weirder. (Friday Dec 13th park is open 9 AM to 9 PM, but Skyliner hours are 6:45 AM to midnight?) I think that there are some yet to be announced either hour extensions or after hours parties at DHS.

I notice that the date the calendar goes out to coincides with the date Riviera is scheduled to open. Riviera opening will make for a change in operations as they will have to move people on the Epcot line to get to DHS in the AM.

So If I'm reading this correct - The Epcot line runs from one hour before park opening to one hour after park closing. This doesn't surprise me - but also tells me they are not pushing people to stay in the Boardwalk area - which is fine by me!

The DHS line in October is running 15 minutes before EMH starts, to one hour after park closing. Early November, it's 2 hours before park opening (probably for early breakfast) to two hours after closing. And then later in the month its 2+ hours before opening and FOUR hours after closing? Then in December it gets even weirder. (Friday Dec 13th park is open 9 AM to 9 PM, but Skyliner hours are 6:45 AM to midnight?) I think that there are some yet to be announced either hour extensions or after hours parties at DHS.

I notice that the date the calendar goes out to coincides with the date Riviera is scheduled to open. Riviera opening will make for a change in operations as they will have to move people on the Epcot line to get to DHS in the AM.
And no hours on the Pop/AoA line yet but I’d assume it would be similar to the CBR line.

And no hours on the Pop/AoA line yet but I’d assume it would be similar to the CBR line.

Yeah - would assume they have to at Minimum match the CBR line. I do think it's weird that they won't get people to the park for those extra early EMH.

I'm not surprised that they are going to continue to run buses for a while. They want to see where people are going to distribute. What % will still want to ride the bus even with the Skyliner.

When my DD and I were planning our November trip, I spent a lot of time on the POFQ thread and noticed that these guys had quite a large and dedicated following. One night we made sure to catch their act as we got a late night drink and snack. I was so disappointed. They were playing country/pop tunes and some oldies. I didn't think it fit the FQ theme at all. I think Dixieland or jazz would be a much better fit. I feel bad for the guys losing their Disney gig, but, as I said, they have a loyal, local following.

That dueling piano bit in the Golden Horseshoe sounds terrible. The show that’s in there is great and pretty much in the same vein as the original show with Wally Boag that Walt Disney loved. I was so fortunate to get to see it just last month. It’s a shame that the powers that be don’t get the history behind it. I can’t recommend Ron Schneider’s book enough. Not only was he in the GH show with Wally at the end of his career, but he also developed the Dreamfinder character at Epcot. This really is the end of an era at DLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!