News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to break it to them, but I’m sure the water from both ceremonies has long since evaporated..... I guess it’s the thought that counts.

Pretty sure they discussed that. Will never know for sure, but I appreciate the gesture regardless.

To this day guests talk about that original process, so makes perfect sense to me to at least continue the legacy from the original ceremony.

And no matter what, water from the Fountain of Nations will be transferred to the new fountain.

Last edited:

NEWS

Well this is sad news - Mickey and Minnie should be one of the last paces to not have people photographers

We were at Disney last weekend and had pictures taken with Mickey and Minnie. I will say that although the camera was one of the wall mounted ones, it did capture more than I would have thought it might. It appears to be set to capture all people in the frame so the depth and closeness do change.

Here are some examples. (Not all pics are great of us, just more so wanting to show how the camera depth does change throughout the visit.)

Arriving and previous guests leaving

Initial greetings

Angle moves as we moved

Closer still when it was just the 4 of us

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with the pictures, just that they are better than I thought they would be.

Attachments

• 1568903604831.png
    1568903604831.png
    731.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

We were at Disney last weekend and had pictures taken with Mickey and Minnie. I will say that although the camera was one of the wall mounted ones, it did capture more than I would have thought it might. It appears to be set to capture all people in the frame so the depth and closeness do change.

Here are some examples. (Not all pics are great of us, just more so wanting to show how the camera depth does change throughout the visit.)

View attachment 437167

Initial greetings
View attachment 437168

Angle moves as we moved
View attachment 437169

View attachment 437170

Those are definitely a bit better and more varied that what we got with Kylo Ren (which were basically 4 different photos of the exact same angle and distance, etc):

.... still feels like they can't get the same angles on the approaches and especially with smaller kids getting down lower and close up of their faces, etc. Even in your pictures, your faces are blocked a lot of the time

Those are better than our Tink ones.

Just picture that, but 9 more times, and one where they have their heads turned to look at each other.

View attachment 437167

Initial greetings
View attachment 437168

Angle moves as we moved
View attachment 437169

View attachment 437170
Outside of documenting the meet happened, those pictures are terrible photographically. You can't see any expressions of the people meeting the character and you see a whole lot of back and butts.

All these camera box photos make me sad.

1) that i need to go back to WDW
2) everyone has always been accustomed to look at the photog when they are taking their pics.
3) those are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!