News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the blog states these are "exciting changes" so clearly you are supposed to feel excited about them!!!

Granted the cynical part of me see this as just a way for them to sell things that used to be free - like the "ChEAR Squad" thing ... now I have to pay to watch my wife run I guess
Cheer squad has been an add on option for years. You don’t have to do it to watch runners.

well, the blog states these are "exciting changes" so clearly you are supposed to feel excited about them!!!

Granted the cynical part of me see this as just a way for them to sell things that used to be free - like the "ChEAR Squad" thing ... now I have to pay to watch my wife run I guess
Haven’t they always had paid chear squad packages?

Less road time and more time in any parks is a plus to me.

Haven’t they always had paid chear squad packages?

Less road time and more time in any parks is a plus to me.
To me it depends on the rest of the course. If this means getting to AK a lot earlier and I can't ride Everest I won't like this change. I also am interested to know how they plan more Epcot time when they have construction walls all over Future World.

To me it depends on the rest of the course. If this means getting to AK a lot earlier and I can't ride Everest I won't like this change. I also am interested to know how they plan more Epcot time when they have construction walls all over Future World.
I’ll assume the extra Epcot time is because they’ll have to reroute away from where construction is. With the work in the center perhaps they’ll be sending you closer to Test Track and less down the center.

I’ll assume the extra Epcot time is because they’ll have to reroute away from where construction is. With the work in the center perhaps they’ll be sending you closer to Test Track and less down the center.
But the marathon already had a lot of Epcot time. You enter through the UK backstage, go around WS, and then out the front of Epcot via backstage. Going by test track wouldn’t really add much park time at all.

But the marathon already had a lot of Epcot time. You enter through the UK backstage, go around WS, and then out the front of Epcot via backstage. Going by test track wouldn’t really add much park time at all.
All it says is “more time” so any amount longer qualifies. Cutting through Blizzard Beach is probably where the biggest cut of road time is. And with Epcot, unless they’re looping back, the only places to add would be going towards The Land or Test Track.

All it says is “more time” so any amount longer qualifies. Cutting through Blizzard Beach is probably where the biggest cut of road time is. And with Epcot, unless they’re looping back, the only places to add would be going towards The Land or Test Track.
I’m wondering if they’ll add Epcot time to the start of the race like the course was years ago.

With the Skyliner open, they might not want runners in that area now.

I'm excited to see The Apple Dumpling Gang made it. Wonder if I'll enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a kid? Excited to watch this one with my daughter.
Hmm I was going to skip Epcot this trip because of construction, but maybe we should hop over after MK. I wouldn't mind checking it out and we can take the Skyliner back to Pop. You've given me something to think about!
Yes, there are walls up but after being there a number of times the past 2 weeks there's absolutely no way I would skip Epcot just because of a few walls. Yes you see them but they're just there, not a reason to skip a great park! I can't really say we were inconvenienced by them at all.

It's all personal but I'll take a few constructions walls over the monoliths that were there, any day! To me those were a hindrance arriving and leaving the park.

I'm excited to see The Apple Dumpling Gang made it. Wonder if I'll enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a kid? Excited to watch this one with my daughter.
Yes, there are walls up but after being there a number of times the past 2 weeks there's absolutely no way I would skip Epcot just because of a few walls. Yes you see them but they're just there, not a reason to skip a great park! I can't really say we were inconvenienced by them at all.

It's all personal but I'll take a few constructions walls over the monoliths that were there, any day! To me those were a hindrance arriving and leaving the park.

We usually never skip it, but we have more HS time planned this trip, so it's tough to fit everything in. :)

Cheer squad has been an add on option for years. You don’t have to do it to watch runners.

I think I may have misread the note, i thought it meant that spectators will not be able to see the "open-air runner experience" without doing the ChEAR thing

I think I may have misread the note, i thought it meant that spectators will not be able to see the "open-air runner experience" without doing the ChEAR thing
Spectators aren’t allowed in the runner area that is correct. You can still see runners throughout the course tho with or without chEAR squad.

To be fair this picture only looks great because of the colors in the sky.

I have no issues with the new sign, but to crow about the letters lit up in white is a bit odd.

I thought maybe they'd do something neat with it at night. Nope. Almost nothing.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but as one of my favorite places in WDW, it's pretty underwhelming. It's almost an overstatment of understatedness.

It might make someone who is there NOW book or not Book another trip. Atmosphere is a non-tangible. It makes people feel good about the parks, without them consciously saying "Boy I would come to WDW again because the citizens of Hollywood." One of the memories that really sticks out to me is from 2016 when I saw a storm trooper "harassing" someone, while I was waiting on my wife to change a Diaper. Those experiences roll up into good memories and thoughts and make me want to go back. We did actually plan extra time at AK this last trip for the Chipmunk dance party.
I totally agree. A few years back my daughter got hooked into a Citizens act. It was hilarious. Fortunately I have it recorded. As you say I wouldn’t return specifically for this reason but it certainly enhanced my memory of the overall experience which would entice me to return.

Monorail stuck tonight, heading to EP, with about 100 people onboard. Passengers being evacuated through the roof.

Steph Lasal@stephanie_lasal

🚝
Something happening to the monorail right now! Just leaving the Contemporary before the TTC. Smell in the air like electrical and brakes. Monorail broken down. Rescue. Fire. Ambulance. @disunplugged @intercot #tourwithsteph #disneymonorail #disneynow #disneynews #disneylive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter