News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
my understanding is the beam to EPCOT is in worse shape than the MK lagoon beam (just was built "cheaper") so I could see at some point they put some $ in to the MK monorail path to fix it up as best as possible and just keep fewer monorail cars running better, etc. and then take down the EPCOT beam and replace with Skyliner. Could still leverage TTC as station for that, perhaps have a line going to Wilderness Lodge and/or Reflections resort as well, and then down to EPCOT

This way can keep the "iconic' Monorail and you have the Contemporary built for a monorail to go through it, not for a gondola - but save costs overtime and put in newer/safer system for where it makes most sense

(but of course just a bunch of armchair imagineering on my part)
That honestly seems like the best way to me.

Apparently there's a petition circulating against the photo boxes
http://chng.it/6yJZJnHcxB

I heard a Photopass photographer talking to another CM getting off the cast bus saying that her supervisor is trying to get her to complain about the boxes but she doesn't want to do it. If I wasn't in a hurry to get home after my shift I would have doubled back and begged her to please complain. But it did make me feel better to know at least some CMs are concerned and trying to do something about it.

I didn;'t say it but I was thinking the same way. That's an awful long beam from MK to Epcot to maintain - so yeah could see them taking that one down. (Plus I don't think you have the same "crowd" problem with it at opening/closing.)
I've always wondered why they never built anything else along that long beam to Epcot (like another resort)

But yes .. I think having a Skyliner from TTC to the FRONT of Epcot would be awesome .. then it easily could be used to go to the Disney Springs area/resorts .. at least Port Orleans considering its proximity.

my understanding is the beam to EPCOT is in worse shape than the MK lagoon beam (just was built "cheaper") so I could see at some point they put some $ in to the MK monorail path to fix it up as best as possible and just keep fewer monorail cars running better, etc. and then take down the EPCOT beam and replace with Skyliner. Could still leverage TTC as station for that, perhaps have a line going to Wilderness Lodge and/or Reflections resort as well, and then down to EPCOT

This way can keep the "iconic' Monorail and you have the Contemporary built for a monorail to go through it, not for a gondola - but save costs overtime and put in newer/safer system for where it makes most sense

Doppelmayr also makes cable pulled funicular railways. They look an awful lot like a monorail, and personally, I believe, would be a good option for the Epcot line.

https://www.doppelmayr.com/en/products/funicular-railway/

I heard a Photopass photographer talking to another CM getting off the cast bus saying that her supervisor is trying to get her to complain about the boxes but she doesn't want to do it. If I wasn't in a hurry to get home after my shift I would have doubled back and begged her to please complain. But it did make me feel better to know at least some CMs are concerned and trying to do something about it.
Of course they are concerned. My guess is that dozens of photogs (if not more) will be let go once these are installed in all the static M&Gs spots. I would assume that the Big Top in Storybook Circus will be next or the place to meet Mickey and Minnie in AK?

Thinking out loud about the Skyliner. I'm not sure Disney would ever take the Skyliner to DS as it would be an easier way for guests to avoid the park parking fees. Right now it's a pain to get from DS to a park as guests need to go to a resort first and transfer. This is time consuming to say the least. If the Skyliner linked to the parks (even via a resort) it might encourage guests to park at DS and hop the Skyliner to a park.

Another thought, I wish Disney would design a way for resort guests to more easily get from a park to/from DS. We were at WDW for 10 days last week and would have enjoyed more of the great DS dining options if it wasn't such a challenge to get back to a park from there. I wish they could design something similar to the after hours scanners where guests need to scan their MB before getting on a bus at DS that is going directly to a park. If you're a Disney Resort guest you may board a bus directly from DS to a park thus avoiding the trip to a resort only to transfer to another bus.

Stepping off my soap box... :D

It'd be about a 15 minute one-way ride in the gondola, which I think it quite a bit slower than the monorail. To have the same capacity as the current Skyliner lines, it would need about 250 cabins as well. But I'm all for gondola rides, so no complaints from me.

Not sure if the condition rumors have any merit to them, I've personally never seen any signs of distress on any of the beams and have looked for it.

Honestly when it comes to Disney Springs I think that is the one place on Disneys property that shouldnt be a easy fast access to a park. If the only draw for Disney Springs is dinning then there is no reason to have shopping and other events in Disney Springs. I love the food in Disney Springs, but I also love that the food there isnt fast Dinning, I know that if I have a fast pass for a park later that I really feel i need to get to, then i should give myself tons of time. I love to sit at the boathouse on the deck and just relax and eat slowly. Its one of the places where I stop and let myself enjoy my vacation. Sure does Disney want guests to go to Disney Springs of course, but was it built to also be a hotspot for locals and not a end all destination for vacations like the rest of the resort as such its purpose should be different and outside the hustle and bustle of themepark traffic. Honestly I love the fact that you can get a boat ride to it from some of the resorts but honestly the bussing is fine to me they could easily get rid of the boating options to Disney Springs and I would still go.

Thinking out loud about the Skyliner. I'm not sure Disney would ever take the Skyliner to DS as it would be an easier way for guests to avoid the park parking fees. Right now it's a pain to get from DS to a park as guests need to go to a resort first and transfer. This is time consuming to say the least. If the Skyliner linked to the parks (even via a resort) it might encourage guests to park at DS and hop the Skyliner to a park.

Another thought, I wish Disney would design a way for resort guests to more easily get from a park to/from DS. We were at WDW for 10 days last week and would have enjoyed more of the great DS dining options if it wasn't such a challenge to get back to a park from there. I wish they could design something similar to the after hours scanners where guests need to scan their MB before getting on a bus at DS that is going directly to a park. If you're a Disney Resort guest you may board a bus directly from DS to a park thus avoiding the trip to a resort only to transfer to another bus.

Stepping off my soap box... :D
Put a flag on your MB if you get free parking or have already paid for parking for the day, and then let people get on. If people don't have free parking or have already paid, let them pay the full parking fee at DS then get on the bus.

Put a flag on your MB if you get free parking or have already paid for parking for the day, and then let people get on. If people don't have free parking or have already paid, let them pay the full parking fee at DS then get on the bus.

They would have to make it a priority then that everyone getting on the bus from Disney Spring would already need to have a MB or Park Tickets redeemed. So that would stop people from buying at the gate and require a larger ticket selling footprint at Disney Springs.

They would have to make it a priority then that everyone getting on the bus from Disney Spring would already need to have a MB or Park Tickets redeemed. So that would stop people from buying at the gate and require a larger ticket selling footprint at Disney Springs.
If the point of the bus is to allow people to go from the parks to DS back to the parks that wouldn't be an issue. It is just one way it could work. I don't think that many people would park at DS to go to the parks if they still had to pay for it. But there are probably a few other tweaks you could do to discourage it more.

ah, now we get the long play ... the worse the monorails look the better the Skyliner looks!!!

giphy.gif

YES. I think Disney is going to keep you on watch for when they have an opening in their PR department...

Something just happened in the Soren building. We just got off the ride and they had us exit outside of the building. The escalators aren't working most of the lights are out in the building. The water in the sinks aren't working but the toilets are working. And there's no air conditioning.

Just heard it's a power outage for the bldg

Ok sign me up...oh and they are asking personal info and donations...side eye...ya seems legit.
And people are actually "chipping in" money here .. What exactly is going to happen to those funds? Why would people willingly give money to a PETITION? I guess Disney fans DO have money to burn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!