News Round Up 2020

Any idea if it'll be included in the Platinum Plus AP? Like the Quest was?

We’re the same time frame and I am concerned, but we are on rented DVC points and stand to lose a very large chunk of money if we don’t go. Plus ticket complications and the sadness of missing a Disney trip of course. We’re in wait and see mode. Also concerned about the flu and general nastiness since people are selfish and won’t miss out on park time if sick. If we had a Disney package and could push a trip out I probably would. If nothing else maybe ROTR gets easier, lol.

We are Canadian and my biggest concern at the moment is flying through the Toronto airport, TBH. Sorry that’s veering OT.
I have a cruise the first week of April. If I could cancel it for a refund I probably would. Luckily, we are driving, and sailing out of Galveston, so it has a lot of "locals" on it.

I've been following the outbreak closely since it originally became known, out of interest. But I think I've decided it's time to stop because it's making me too anxious and I should live my life until/if it affects me.

My friend once "sank" on Splash Mountain and they got them a gift card for all of their damaged clothing items. So I assume yes.
A lady next to us at BOG had a drink spilled on her by a waitress. The kind of thing you might get a comped dessert for at a normal restaurant. The manager comped their whole meal (4 adults), and gave two of them comp coupons for shirts and shoes. Then gave them free desserts. It was insane. The lady was really over the top asking/complaining.

I would've been more than happy with just comped food.

I wonder how many hours Disney lawyers have spent specifically on defending their current DAS policy. I wouldn't be surprised if they just have a special team for it at this point in time.
I will admit I don't understand every detail of DAS but it seems pretty darn accommodating to me. Like, far beyond industry norms and what like a Six Flags or a Cedar Fair park does.

I'd love to hear the counterargument; the article doesn't get into any actual detail.

I will admit I don't understand every detail of DAS but it seems pretty darn accommodating to me. Like, far beyond industry norms and what like a Six Flags or a Cedar Fair park does.

I'd love to hear the counterargument; the article doesn't get into any actual detail.
The counter argument is simply that some disabled people cannot wait. Under any circumstances. Their disability almost demands them to do what they want, or what they are told is happening, exactly at that moment or the consequences are severe. I'm not sure how to make that sound... more reasonable... but I'm also not being critical. My wife is a special ed teacher and she sees this quite regularly.

There are disabilities that are severe enough that walking to say... Peter Pan... and then having to come back in an hour, will cause severe stress to a disabled person. Or even having a disruption in a routine, going on Peter Pan first instead of Pirates because you have to come back in an hour thanks to the line at Pirates, can completely destroy the cognitive and behavioral ability of a disabled person. Heck, going in the wrong gate, turning the wrong way through the hub, not visiting a store on Main Street or buying popcorn from a precise cart before going on a certain ride.... all these things to a severely disabled person can absolutely destroy their ability to function for a period of time. The connection between seeing and doing is so very, very strong for them, and a disruption is very, very difficult to handle if they can handle it at all.

So I empathize. But I also think Disney has come up with a process that serves the vast majority of disabled people. And treats them quite fairly and goes out of their way to accommodate them. So we are down to the very margins. Sadly, when you make an exception, because we can't actually ask to prove the exemption is necessary, people will find ways to abuse it.

So we are back to bad apples spoiling the barrel. Which is what happened with the old policy. And would surely happen again if Disney made an even more attractive accommodation. So it stinks for both. The people that actually need that extra accommodation, and Disney who is caught between a rock and a hard place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter