News Round Up 2020

I was talking yesterday to a friend that works in management for a school bus company. They furloughed their drivers as each school district shut down. Now they think they made a mistake and are scrambling to figure out a way to not permanently lose a significant number of drivers. They are trying to find money for bonuses and other ways to give drivers some type of pay while they are out. Their drivers all have CDL's and DOT cards. People with those things are still in high demand in other transit/transport/shipping sectors. They couldn't hire enough drivers before this and now they fear they will lose some of the ones they had for good.

this is true! Bus drivers always in demand.

I think the 18th is just a date that gives them 3 more weeks to wait and see how things develop. No one knows how soon all these restrictions will be able to be relaxed and removed, least of all Disney. The number of known infections hasn’t peaked yet.

Also encourages CMs to not look for other work right away, increasing chance they are available to rehire when the parks open. If they just cut them off I think a lot wouldn't wait around (or be motivated to wait).

Now if they don't open until July or August then probably doesn't matter but if they open mid May it might

I'm reallyyyyyy excited for the release of the movie! So sad it's postponed, but definitely understandable... In the meantime, I created a quiz in Mulan theme! Send me a message and I'll give you the link of the quiz!

Hope everyone is well I’ve noticed a drop in posts to this thread which is certainly understandable. I’m in the 60 + range so it certainly has my attention. Stay well DIS friends. We will recover and be back at the parks before too long but paying attention to the directions of experts will help to make that happen.

in the mean time let’s keep the conversaion going to provide a much needed diversion.

Hope everyone is well I’ve noticed a drop in posts to this thread which is certainly understandable. I’m in the 60 + range so it certainly has my attention. Stay well DIS friends. We will recover and be back at the parks before too long but paying attention to the directions of experts will help to make that happen.

in the mean time let’s keep the conversaion going to provide a much needed diversion.

So I'm not that worried about getting sick enough for hospital, but just in case I gave myself a pedicure today and painted toes a pretty color.

I have to worry about those types of important things in case I get admitted! 😂😂😂

I could not agree more! This site has always been a respite from the craziness of my day. I miss the distraction from the stresses and worries of life.

Personally, I've taken a big step back from posting/reading on DISboards. Nowadays, anytime the closure is brought up (which is often) it just seems the most negative people are responding. Calling people crazy who have hope for May. I think we can be realistic and still have hope, but not at the moment on these boards.

The boards are just very much doom and gloom, so besides reading trip reports I've been attempting to stay away. I let myself log on every few days to see if real news has been happening.

Personally, I've taken a big step back from posting/reading on DISboards. Nowadays, anytime the closure is brought up (which is often) it just seems the most negative people are responding. Calling people crazy who have hope for May. I think we can be realistic and still have hope, but not at the moment on these boards.

The boards are just very much doom and gloom, so besides reading trip reports I've been attempting to stay away. I let myself log on every few days to see if real news has been happening.
I take my lead from the Asian parks which have all been closed for over 2 months now and still no talk of reopening. Given that the US is now sadly leading the cases of this terrible disease, I think people are just hedging their hopes based on the current situation. We need to get our world healthy before we can talk about opening the parks again.

I think in these difficult days each person is handling things as well as they can. Some want the hope of looking towards an upcoming trip while others tell themselves their trip may not happen so that they’re not disappointed latelr. Each is right.

Our next trip is September and we fall into the ‘it may not happen’ group so are chatting about that already.

Last edited:
It’s definitely a scary time, and super weird in trying to plan anything. We have a trip planned for May 1-4, but we haven’t rescheduled anything yet, because we don’t yet have a realistic idea of how far off to push it. I hope maybe by mid-April, we’ll have a better idea (and a brighter outlook).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter