News Round Up 2020

Technically, since we start counting years at ONE, isn't 2020 the end of the previous decade? :crazy: :chat:

Technically yes ... Though also technically there was never a year zero as the year before 1 AD is called 1 BC so that kinda messes with things ....plus sort of weird to say "the 20's" but then not include 2020

Hope this provides some clarity ... or, you might say, provide some 2020 vision

NEWS

Free dinning offer for Summer 2020 at WDW on select dates!

Article with details on dates:

Guests can enjoy a FREE dining plan when they purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day vacation package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a ticket with Park Hopper option.

Book through January 16, 2020 for arrivals most nights June 27 through 28, July 5 through 7, and August 29 through September 8, 2020.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/2020-walt-disney-world-free-dining-offer-now-available

Article with details on dates:

Guests can enjoy a FREE dining plan when they purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day vacation package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a ticket with Park Hopper option.

Book through January 16, 2020 for arrivals most nights June 27 through 28, July 5 through 7, and August 29 through September 8, 2020.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/2020-walt-disney-world-free-dining-offer-now-available
Wow! The dates for free dining are VERY limited!

Yeah, seems like this way they can still say the offer it but the scale continues to drop

And bulk of it is at the very end of summer, and really at the point most kids are back in school
But those July dates fall during my trip...hopefully this means it'll be less crowded than normal the week after July 4.

We heard a lot last year that Disney World, for a variety of reasons, was expecting a soft second half and a more robust 2020. We certainly saw the softer 2nd half; this indicates that perhaps the strong 2020 is also a good guess.

Certainly once you stack MMRR, Ratatouille, HarmoniUS, and SWGE together, its a compelling Summer to visit.

While I understand this change, I wish Disney had announced it earlier so that families could plan accordingly. We used this ‘loophole’ extensively during the 6 years my daughter was a Disney child as we shared all of our Quick Service meals as a way to stretch our credits further.

The thing to remember is that this wasn't a policy change (which they do generally announce ahead of time). It's ALWAYS been the policy that child credits are used for the child menu and adult credits for the adult menu, but the dining credit system wasn't sophisticated enough at first to make enforcement of the policy easy. Now it is, and they are just enforcing an existing rule. They aren't obligated to make an advance notice of enforcement of a rule with a loophole that people were exploiting

NEWS

Particularly for those planning on trying for a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance: DHS Park Hours Adjusted for more days in January and EMHs in February changed from morning to evening

• January 17-20: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening
  • January 24-26: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening

February 2, 9, 16, 23: Extra Magic Hours changed from 8-9am to 8-10pm

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/holl...nth-extra-magic-hours-adjustments-in-february

Happy new year everyone!! Another infrequent poster but frequent lurker in here :)

Maybe I’m reading into this, but in the second paragraph it says “As you can see, Mickey and Minnie are at the wishing well and we thought it was the perfect artwork to begin our countdown series and a new year of magical wishes!” I can’t do it from my phone, but “new year of magical wishes” is italicized. Think that means anything? I know they had “Year of a Million Dreams” before, so maybe this a new kickoff to the 50th that will last 2 years?

Or did I have too much champagne last night? 😂

Year of a Million Dreams was hands down my favourite promotion they’ve ever done! We had two trips during and didn’t even get so much as a lanyard, but knowing it was a possibility just added something extra to the parks.

I think being one of the CMs giving out the prizes must have been one of the best front line roles.

I had to look 3 times at those free dining dates to make sure I was reading them correctly. What is it, about 15 starting dates that could qualify? I miss back when free dining used to be a great deal. Value hotel that you only paid $70 a night for, and the table service dining plan (think this was in abouts 2008). With those kinds of deals I was hooked and have stayed in the increasingly boiling pot ever since like a good little lobster.

2020 for me will have a trip to Hong Kong DL (political climate dependent) and a huge 12 member family trip to WDW in November.

Should be good times.

Have a great Disney 2020 everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter