News Round Up 2020

wish I had your luck/skill - I try all the time and have never gotten a day of fast pass for any of those
I've never gotten a same day FoP, even though I go on dead days. But in December, my friend got 5 FoP FPs in one day for a party of 3. He also got SDD and SDMT. Maybe I get worse options since I'm an AP, they figure they already have me hooked.

NEWS

Refurb on Small World queue to start Jan 27th and last into the spring. Ride will stay open, guests will use temporary queue

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/its-...urbishment-begins-january-27-at-magic-kingdom

Oh no so was planning to ride it early March my Daughter's bestie has never been to Disney and this is one of our favorite rides

I've never gotten a same day FoP, even though I go on dead days. But in December, my friend got 5 FoP FPs in one day for a party of 3. He also got SDD and SDMT. Maybe I get worse options since I'm an AP, they figure they already have me hooked.

I've never gotten a same day FP for 7D but I've always gotten advanced ones.

I've gotten same day FOP FP on multiple trips actually. Even during Busy crowd times. But it does seem like luck of the draw. I've also stood in line for 2 hours to ride it all has been worth it to me lol.

If this was a new resort I think I would be fine with it. As part of the DLH it just sort of sticks out.
I think it looks a lot better than the existing hotels. The present ones look like updated hotels from the 60s or 70s in my opinion.

This gave me a moment of panic until I saw that it was for like a week. Whew!

I actually think I may be anti-FP. Never thought I'd say that.

But these days it seems like they load such a high percentage of FP versus standby that it's just ridiculous.

I remember trying to ride Spaceship Earth last October. Fastpasses were gone for the day. There was only one queue line of standby so we were like sweet, won't be long.

They never let the standby line move unless FP stopped coming.

It came to the point where the standby line was holding their breath and getting upset when FP people came. They literally would not let standby go if they saw someone entering the Fast pass queue but were nowhere near the merge point.

Took about 20 minutes to go one length of the standby line.

I wasn’t there so I’m not saying this is what happened, but Epcot has a problem that’s fairly unique, in that it has an incredibly unreliable ride in Test Track, and it can kick off thousands of multiple experience FastPasses some days. Beyond that, they have FP on some people eaters like SSE and Land that, while they don’t break down much, kick off huge numbers of multiple experience FastPasses when they do. When that happens, the FP lines get jammed up across the park, sometimes for hours. And since you can’t use them at TT or FEA (unless they're from those rides), that sends everyone with those FPs to Soarin and SSE. The CMs are instructed to never allow the FP line to grow beyond point X, and so they don’t.

Go Bucks.

People only have the “opportunity” to prebook a Smuggler Run fp if they live far enough that they need a hotel, and they are rich enough to be able to afford the long on-site stay required to book one before they are gone. I suspect long-term it’ll be like SDD: frequently gone around 70 days, and never there at 60 days so locals who splurge for one night still don’t have a chance.

The combined number of SDD and MFSR FPs will be probably in the rough ballpark of the current situation at AK, where there is almost always something available at 30 days.
I am sure after FP the lines will average 90-120 minutes. I was really hoping they'd leave it off FPP. At least leave it off for a year.
The total number of Rides/day availabile on MFSR won’t change, nor will people’s interest level in riding it. I’d be surprised if it changes the waits meaningfully at MFSR.

But since all those people with FPs won’t be in line at MFSR, that means they’ll be somewhere else in the park; I think wait times may increase on the other rides by a couple minutes on average. At least until MMRR opens.

I think it looks a lot better than the existing hotels. The present ones look like updated hotels from the 60s or 70s in my opinion.
Oh yeah the DLH exterior could use an update. Either way I think they should make it fit better. They should update the DLH proper exteriors if this is the route they’re going.

I wonder why they opened up fast passes for Smugglers Run, have the wait times really been that low it can justify that. I guess we shall see how it effects the wait time starting mid February
We walked right on SR one evening last week. (No one in the cue until just before the first show room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter