Newsies: From Scratch - May And September 2024! - UPDATE 4/21

Kait, good for you on making these changes! Changing habits is a huge part of turning small steps into big changes - I’m very impressed that you’re sticking with it!

Also, hooray for Hokas! My husband is a runner and LOVES his Hokas - he even has Hokas for his trail running shoes. Going to get a professional opinion was absolutely the right way to go and I’m glad you love your shoes.

I’m sure these changes will make an impact on your Disney trip but I bet the overall life difference will be even bigger. :goodvibes

:hug: THANK YOU for sharing your story with me and for the words of encouragement! I tried what was supposed to be the best fitness and diet program in NJ, and while the community was super encouraging and positive, I just couldn't get into the program like that. I'm seeing more success just popping in my earbuds and taking a few walks around the block until I close my rings for the day. I'm so relieved to hear that getting into a walking routine with your dog was able to help you enjoy WDW better -- I really appreciate you sharing this with me! You rock.

I personally don’t like fitness groups or communities. I enjoy working out alone and doing my own thing. I don’t even go to the gym. I do everything at home. I even walk the dog alone. It’s my me time. Even though I have my peloton I don’t interact with any members. When I did beach body I didn’t even interact with the “coach” they automatically give you. Just let me do my thing on my own. lol I’ve also been thinking of getting a pair of Hoka’s so I’m glad to hear you like them!

As a fellow Jersey girl I always enjoy reading your trip reports!!

Glad you found a program that works for you. Learning new healthy habits will benefit you the rest of your life and, more importantly, help you more fully enjoy Disney :-) WTG!

GO KAIT! I'm glad that walking and eating in a more balanced way has brought you joy :goodvibes Food has always been tricky for me as well; absolutely NOTHING good comes from deprivation and rigidity surrounding healthy choices. Balance and moderation has always worked the best for me, and I'm glad that you have figured this out early on. Always remember to be kind and gentle to yourself throughout your journey!! :love:

My mom and I started walking 4 miles per day in 2016 to prepare for our WDW trip, and that habit has stuck with me even 8 years later!! I look forward to my daily walk (whether it be on the treadmill, outside, alone, with someone else) and it has really shaped my life in more positive ways than I can count!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter