You look so cute for your entry into Walt Disney World. The WordofMouse did a great job being creative. You have a great sense of style. I love the picture with all of the balloons! In a little over a month I have a lunch reservation at the Wave so I'm happy to hear you had good things to say about your previous experiences even if the breakfast buffet wasn't what you were expecting. Are you sure that was a standard view room y'all had? You sure they didn't bump you up a notch? That looked like an awesome room to me.

You are a very good writer because I can feel your exhaustion after dinner at Skipper Canteen. I'm glad you enjoyed the Kungaloosh dessert. You mentioning it brings back such incredible memories of the Adventurers Club of the now deceased Pleasure Island and drinking the Kungaloosh (It was their signature cocktail). I always laughed so hard there. Ah, memories. Keep on writing.

The lamb looks really delicious! So sorry it was slower than what it should have been!

Splash is always a fun ride even if you get wet!

The balcony had two chairs and a tiny table. As for the view? Well, it felt anything but standard to me!

I'll take that view any day!

I was so happy to be reunited with my second favorite ride in Disney!

I love this picture! You look so happy but the girl in front of you is so funny! Poor thing.

The vegetables were good (I think they were mostly carrots), but it “felt” like there should have been a dollop of mashed potatoes or a few fingerling potatoes on this plate. Does that make any type of sense?

I get it, give a girl some carbs.

And with that, I made my way over to Splash with her and Grace. Grace ended up sitting out Splash Mountain while mom and I went on it. We were seated in the front row.

Hmm looks about how I felt my first day at the parks too :rotfl:

Great first day!

I have the worst time waiting for food at restaurants, especially if I am tired and hungry. It is torture and I end up making crazy jealous food envy eyes at all the people around me eating. #awkward. So I feel you! I am glad that it was at least a delicious enough meal. I agree that the dish could use a starch of some sort for sure. Eating at Skipper Canteen is on my list for my next Disney trip so I enjoyed hearing all about it :D That dessert sounds heavenly.

Same here-- I always get so hangry! But the food was good, and I'm inclined to give it another try. I DEFINITELY recommend the Kungaloosh for dessert!

Ugh this is the worst in a restaurant! Especially when you're already exhausted and now hangry!

YESSS. A hot mess of a dining experience.

That makes perfect sense. It seems like the perfect dish to pair with some potatoes and it seems odd that it would just be lamb with a few veggies!

Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone!

This is something I need in my life!

Definitely one of the best desserts I've had on property!

Oh man, good on you for making it to your Splash FP. I definitely feel like I can keep going through exhaustion until I sit for a good length of time. That's when all of the tired floods my body at once.

That dessert sounds divine, though. Maybe that little sugar rush was the push you needed to get through.

The sugar rush definitely pushed me through! I couldn't agree more... if I'm sitting for more than 15 minutes after a long day, I'm gonna CRASH.

You look so cute for your entry into Walt Disney World. The WordofMouse did a great job being creative. You have a great sense of style. I love the picture with all of the balloons! In a little over a month I have a lunch reservation at the Wave so I'm happy to hear you had good things to say about your previous experiences even if the breakfast buffet wasn't what you were expecting. Are you sure that was a standard view room y'all had? You sure they didn't bump you up a notch? That looked like an awesome room to me.

You are a very good writer because I can feel your exhaustion after dinner at Skipper Canteen. I'm glad you enjoyed the Kungaloosh dessert. You mentioning it brings back such incredible memories of the Adventurers Club of the now deceased Pleasure Island and drinking the Kungaloosh (It was their signature cocktail). I always laughed so hard there. Ah, memories. Keep on writing.

Thank you so very much for the kind words, I appreciate them very much! This truly meant a lot to me. I wish I could have experienced Pleasure Island and the Adventurer's Club! I'll do my best to update soon.

The lamb looks really delicious! So sorry it was slower than what it should have been!

Splash is always a fun ride even if you get wet!

The lamb was great, and Splash was also great!

I'll take that view any day!

It was SO nice!

I love this picture! You look so happy but the girl in front of you is so funny! Poor thing.

I didn't even notice her until you pointed her out!!! Poor thing!!!

I get it, give a girl some carbs.

TRUER WORDS have NEVER been spoken!!!

Hmm looks about how I felt my first day at the parks too :rotfl:

Great first day!

It was an awesome day!!!

Hey team, let's chat before I start Day 2 of my TR!

As usual, school has started back up for me. This is going to be a BIG final semester and my degree is so close I can take it! With that being said, updates are going to slow down, but I'll do my best to update at least once a week. With THAT being said, the very next time I update this TR, I will have some extremely exciting life news to share!

A Morning With Character
8/19: Epcot

I woke up around 6:30 the next day. It was EPCOT DAY, and I was raring to go! Epcot is my FAVORITE park, and we never visit it more than once per trip, so I was extremely ready to cross off some new experiences and revisit my normal favorites. I got dressed and headed towards the main building so I could grab the monorail from there. I hopped off at the TTC, and the Epcot monorail line technically wasn’t open yet, so I had to wait for them to open the ramp, which only took about 10 minutes. There were two families in front of me and then we were on the first monorail to Epcot!

There was one other family in my monorail car, and they had a small child who was NOT happy. She cried literally the entire way to Epcot. Poor thing!

We disembarked and then it was time to go through the chaos that is Epcot bag check. Eventually I made it to the tapstyles at around 8:00. I mostly played Disney Crossy Road and scrolled through twitter until about 8:30, when they started allowing us to go in and head towards rope drop by the exit of Spaceship Earth.

The Jammitors got us hyped until 9:00, when the park opened!

Now it’s time to play everyone’s favorite game, guess what Kaitlyn rope dropped:

Was it…

1. Test Track, the ride that historically everyone else rope drops because it exceeds the largest wait time in Future World throughout the day
  2. Soarin’, another high-demand Future World ride
  3. Character Spot, a character meet and greet that can also have high wait times but is generally empty in the mornings
  4. Meet Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, a character meet and greet that literally nobody rope drops and will be ghost town for at least another hour, making it logistically one of the worst options to rope drop.

Ding ding ding!

My priority for this day was getting photos with these two while I was still nice and put-together and not drenched in sweat yet. I had SO many “sugar rush” themed IG captions in my back pocket for this M&G.

There was one family who beat me to the M&G, and around 9:05, they made their way out of the internet portal so that they could greet their adoring fans!

Vanellope LOVED my outfit. I explained to her that she was basically my hero, that Sugar Rush was my favorite game, and we agreed that I would be a terrific racer.

Ralph tried to take a bite out of my ears while Vanellope explored my backpack.

All in all, I’m SO glad I rushed to these two sweeties first things first! It was well worth it! They were so much fun, and I couldn’t be happier with the pictures!

When that was over, I headed back to Innoventions. My friend Ashlie was super greeting guests at the Baymax M&G, so I wanted to say hi to her! She wasn’t out yet, so I hopped in the standby line for Character Spot, which was only at 5 minutes. There were two families in front of me, but by the time I caught up to them, the attendant was bringing people into the room, so I had almost no wait. I was shocked because the C-Spot line usually moves super slow!

While I was there, there was a young couple with a small child behind me. The mom complimented my outfit, and then when she pointed out my glitter, the dad said, “wow, you really are a Disney style girl!”

*hair flip*

Mickey and I had fun together!

After Mickey came Goofy, and Goofy was SO much fun today! He and I started talking (well, gesturing) about Max Goof and Powerline. He was super animated and fun, BUT… PhotoPass somehow gave me the photographs of the family in front of me by accident. So that young couple behind me probably has my photographs with Goof. Big oops all around.

Minnie was also fun, and we agreed that we would get donuts and coffee together soon.

Then I walked across the pavilion to see if Ashlie was out, and it turns out she was! We were talking for a good 15 minutes before I let her go back to work.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
You look so cute in all your meets! Love the glitter, the lavender top, and the Shellie May backpack!

I’m typically just a lurker in these parts but I’d really like to thank you for sharing your trips; you are an excellent writer and I so enjoy following along! 🙂

Great meet and greets to start the day!
This is going to be a BIG final semester and my degree is so close I can take it!
Congratulations!!

PhotoPass somehow gave me the photographs of the family in front of me by accident. So that young couple behind me probably has my photographs with Goof. Big oops all around.
Ugh, no fun. We just had this happen a couple times on our trip. I have some very random photos lol!

My priority for this day was getting photos with these two while I was still nice and put-together and not drenched in sweat yet. I had SO many “sugar rush” themed IG captions in my back pocket for this M&G.

Makes total sense to me! In August, you get maybe 20 minutes tops before you look like a sweaty mess, if you're lucky. Pushing the strollers, I didn't even get that, if we're being honest.

I love all of your morning meets. So many cute pics!

I've been wanting to try Skippers again but "sitting and waiting with no food" is NOT something I do well - especially when I'm not waiting for carbs?????? But at least the meat and dessert made up for it lol.

Nice morning in Epcot! Sweat is the main reason I don't meet characters on the majority of my trips so good call getting that done right away :thumbsup2

You look so cute in all your meets! Love the glitter, the lavender top, and the Shellie May backpack!

Thank you so much!

Great meet and greets first thing in the morning!

They were so much fun!

I love your outfit and ears, so cute!!

Thank you very much!!

I’m typically just a lurker in these parts but I’d really like to thank you for sharing your trips; you are an excellent writer and I so enjoy following along! 🙂

Thank you so much for your kind words, this means so much to me! I love writing TRs and I so appreciate you taking time to comment!

Great meet and greets to start the day!

I had so much fun!

Congratulations!!

Thank you!!!

Ugh, no fun. We just had this happen a couple times on our trip. I have some very random photos lol!

I wonder how it happens! This is the first time it's happened to me!

Adorable character pics!!

Thank you!!

Makes total sense to me! In August, you get maybe 20 minutes tops before you look like a sweaty mess, if you're lucky. Pushing the strollers, I didn't even get that, if we're being honest.

Pics are such a struggle in August!

I love all of your morning meets. So many cute pics!

Thank you so much!!

I've been wanting to try Skippers again but "sitting and waiting with no food" is NOT something I do well - especially when I'm not waiting for carbs?????? But at least the meat and dessert made up for it lol.

It was definitely a bit of a rough night, but the lamb and cake were so good!

Nice morning in Epcot! Sweat is the main reason I don't meet characters on the majority of my trips so good call getting that done right away :thumbsup2

It was a pretty good morning!

Great pics and trip report...as usual. Your outfits:lovestruc

Congrats on getting your degree this December (?) :cheer2: I hear there's other BIG news...can't wait to hear all about it...whenever you're ready and of course after we hear all about the rest of the trip, M&G, outfits and of course. FOOD.

I am loving your trip report so far! You and your family are so sweet - it reminds me of all the family trips I took when I was younger! Disney with family is the best and it's awesome you all still enjoy going together!
My parents are also DVC so we've been lucky enough to take trips with them still, even with us being grown with families of our own :)

Looks like your trip is off to a great start! We will be there next June (for my wedding! :love:) and it's been soooooooo long since I have been to WDW in the summer heat. I am from south Texas so I am used to the intense heat but FL humidity is on a whole other level hahaha I am sure August was terrible for that! But a sweaty day in WDW is better than a sweaty day anywhere else ;)

Love your Wreck It Ralph meet! My son loves those movies so fingers crossed they will still be there!

Looking forward to reading more :)

P.S. Congratulations on being so close to graduation!

Following along! The VGF looks so beautiful.

When we drive down and i'm not the one in charge, I find myself sleeping on and off to just to make time go a little quicker! Can't wait to read the rest of your report. Good luck this semester! I have one more left and I'm counting down the days.

As usual, school has started back up for me. This is going to be a BIG final semester and my degree is so close I can take it!

Have a great semester! You can do it!

With THAT being said, the very next time I update this TR, I will have some extremely exciting life news to share!

Oo awesome can't wait to hear!

There were two families in front of me and then we were on the first monorail to Epcot!

How fun!

We disembarked and then it was time to go through the chaos that is Epcot bag check.

Ugh why is the bag check at Epcot ALWAYS chaos lol?!

My priority for this day was getting photos with these two while I was still nice and put-together and not drenched in sweat yet.

I 100% feel this.

I adore this photo 🥰 🥰

Yas this is perfection!

I love this picture and the one of you with all the balloons. Cute ears!

That view is amazing!

Thank you so much!!

Great pics and trip report...as usual. Your outfits:lovestruc

Congrats on getting your degree this December (?) :cheer2: I hear there's other BIG news...can't wait to hear all about it...whenever you're ready and of course after we hear all about the rest of the trip, M&G, outfits and of course. FOOD.

Thank you so very much, I can't wait to update you in just a few minutes!!

I am loving your trip report so far! You and your family are so sweet - it reminds me of all the family trips I took when I was younger! Disney with family is the best and it's awesome you all still enjoy going together!
My parents are also DVC so we've been lucky enough to take trips with them still, even with us being grown with families of our own :)

Looks like your trip is off to a great start! We will be there next June (for my wedding! :love:) and it's been soooooooo long since I have been to WDW in the summer heat. I am from south Texas so I am used to the intense heat but FL humidity is on a whole other level hahaha I am sure August was terrible for that! But a sweaty day in WDW is better than a sweaty day anywhere else ;)

Love your Wreck It Ralph meet! My son loves those movies so fingers crossed they will still be there!

Looking forward to reading more :)

P.S. Congratulations on being so close to graduation!

Awww, thank you for the sweet words! I'm so glad I could tap into those family vacation memories! So jealous of your June Disney wedding, congratulations! I'm sure that will be beautiful! The humidity was a killer, but all the pixie dust made it worth it!

Fingers crossed WiR will still be there so your son can meet them! They were so much fun!

Thanks again and I can't wait to update!

Following along! The VGF looks so beautiful.

When we drive down and i'm not the one in charge, I find myself sleeping on and off to just to make time go a little quicker! Can't wait to read the rest of your report. Good luck this semester! I have one more left and I'm counting down the days.

Thank you for being here!! The VGF was beautiful.

I couldn't agree more... sleeping always seems to make the drive zoom by! Good luck to you, too-- I'm rooting for you for these next semesters!

Have a great semester! You can do it!

Oo awesome can't wait to hear!

How fun!

Ugh why is the bag check at Epcot ALWAYS chaos lol?!

I 100% feel this.

I adore this photo 🥰 🥰

Yas this is perfection!

Thank you so, so much!!

I don't know why Epcot is home to the WORST bag check in the resort, but I truly hope that they figure out how to manage it better at some point in the future.

Life Update

Hi pals! Like I promised, this update is a LIFE update, and thankfully... it's also a Disney-related life update!!!

As I said in my introduction post, I will be finishing my degree in December. I'm so excited to announce that I have accepted my first post-graduation job offer...

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM SPRING ADVANTAGE 2020!

:Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc

This time around, I will be a Character Attendant-- my top choice role and a dream come true! When I did my first program in 2016, I was an attractions CM in Fantasyland. I'm more than excited to be moving from Park Ops to Entertainment, since I've always wanted to be part of the Parks Entertainment family! Unlike my first CP, the application process moved so fast this year... I applied two weeks ago, my phone interview was on Sunday, and I got my offer on Tuesday! I wasn't sure whether I wanted to do Spring or Fall Advantage after graduation, but everything aligned so perfectly this time around that I knew I had to accept the offer!

I will be returning to Disney housing and will move-in during the first week of February. If you're planning a trip between February-August, please let me know so that we can arrange to see each other at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter