Congrats on your DCP! We are going in December so we will just miss you! My mom just moved to Orlando so I think there will be more trips in the spring! I have a ton of friends who are going in the spring so I HAVE to come.. I think. ;)

Thank you, I appreciate this ver much! You are the kindest!!

Soooooooo I SUPER belatedly realized you'll be there when I go in June for my wedding! We arrive 05/30/20 & the wedding is 06/01/20 and we are staying through 06/06/20. I think it was a delayed reaction b/c I am in a little bit of denial that the wedding is 8 months away and I have so much to do still 😳:rotfl:It literally didn't compute that this is the SPRING 2020 program which means you are referring to this coming spring through August. Sorry, I am a hot mess obviously!

That being said, I will definitely have to keep an eye out for you while we are there! I've been on the DIS since 2004 but have yet to have a single DIS meet so maybe that'll finally change :upsidedow

I’m just joining in. Congratulations on the college program. I’ll just miss you as I will be there in January. I love your trip reports and can’t wait to read more.

This is going to be a BIG final semester and my degree is so close I can take it!
Good luck!
We disembarked and then it was time to go through the chaos that is Epcot bag check.
What is it about EPCOT? It's just crazy!

And why do we have to go through bag check there after getting off the monorail when we've already been through bag check to board it???? It baffles and frustrates me.
My priority for this day was getting photos with these two while I was still nice and put-together and not drenched in sweat yet.

All in all, I’m SO glad I rushed to these two sweeties first things first! It was well worth it! They were so much fun, and I couldn’t be happier with the pictures!
Well, all good reasons to justify a less in demand item for rope drop!
After Mickey came Goofy, and Goofy was SO much fun today! He and I started talking (well, gesturing) about Max Goof and Powerline. He was super animated and fun, BUT… PhotoPass somehow gave me the photographs of the family in front of me by accident. So that young couple behind me probably has my photographs with Goof. Big oops all around.
That stinks, but I'm glad you at least got to have fun with the characters and only had a short wait without doing it right at rope drop.
As I said in my introduction post, I will be finishing my degree in December. I'm so excited to announce that I have accepted my first post-graduation job offer...

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM SPRING ADVANTAGE 2020!
That is awesome!!!! So excited for you!!!
This time around, I will be a Character Attendant-- my top choice role and a dream come true!
That's great!!!! Congratulations!

Congrats!!

Thank you so much!!

Girl YES. So there. All over it. F&G get ready cuz we comin at ya.

*banging on table and chanting* FRUSHI FRUSHI FRUSHI

Congratulations! How exciting :)

Thank you so much!!

Congrats on your DCP! We are going in December so we will just miss you! My mom just moved to Orlando so I think there will be more trips in the spring! I have a ton of friends who are going in the spring so I HAVE to come.. I think. ;)

Thank you very much!! I might be extending into the Fall program, so it's possible I'll still be there when December rolls around! I sitll support a spring trip for you, though! Gotta visit mom in Orlando and your friends!!

Soooooooo I SUPER belatedly realized you'll be there when I go in June for my wedding! We arrive 05/30/20 & the wedding is 06/01/20 and we are staying through 06/06/20. I think it was a delayed reaction b/c I am in a little bit of denial that the wedding is 8 months away and I have so much to do still 😳:rotfl:It literally didn't compute that this is the SPRING 2020 program which means you are referring to this coming spring through August. Sorry, I am a hot mess obviously!

That being said, I will definitely have to keep an eye out for you while we are there! I've been on the DIS since 2004 but have yet to have a single DIS meet so maybe that'll finally change :upsidedow

AHHH I realized this too! Even *I* didn't realize it because I keep forgetting I'm leaving in August, not late May when the Spring departures are happening! Since I'm in the Advantage program, I'm going to be there for a little longer than most people! Please keep an eye out, I'd love to see you!

I’m just joining in. Congratulations on the college program. I’ll just miss you as I will be there in January. I love your trip reports and can’t wait to read more.

Thank you so very much!! I appreciate it!!

Good luck!

Thank you!

What is it about EPCOT? It's just crazy!

And why do we have to go through bag check there after getting off the monorail when we've already been through bag check to board it???? It baffles and frustrates me.

It drives me absolutely NUTS. They need to figure out a way to separate that entrance so only people arriving by car have to go through bag check, since like you said, Monorail arrivals go through bag check already.

Well, all good reasons to justify a less in demand item for rope drop!

You're right!

That stinks, but I'm glad you at least got to have fun with the characters and only had a short wait without doing it right at rope drop

Yeah, the interaction was pretty great!

That is awesome!!!! So excited for you!!!
That's great!!!! Congratulations!

Thank you so, so much!!

Hey friends! Now I feel like I have to update on the life update 😂😂😂

I just want to say that I am truly touched by the support you all have shown me in the past week. This is a dream come true and an opportunity I feel blessed to take part in, so it means a lot to see you all sharing love and well wishes in response. I absolutely love the TR Community and the DIS and am so grateful to know you all! :disrocks:

With all of that being said and done, I do want to apologize to friends who have been waiting patiently for updates, or friends with TRs that I have not been keeping up with recently. I hit the ground running with a 400-level Creative Nonfiction writing course this semester and was recently elected to fill the office of Vice President for my sorority. As amazing as that is, I've never been an E-Board officer before, so I'm a little overwhelmed with classwork and executive officer training. After I post this update, I'm going to make an attempt to catch up on a few TRs. Sorry to everyone I've been ghosting on the boards recently and thank you again for being so awesome!

Go Nuts for Donuts
After I left Ashlie, I had a Spaceship Earth FP+ to attend to. I don't know about you guys, but SE is one of my favorite attractions in Disney! I've heard grumblings of it getting redone again now that Epcot is about to go through an extreme makeover, and I will sincerely miss Dame Judy Dench if she goes away. Her narration is so profound and brings me to tears at the end of the ride!

I used my SE FP+ and had about 20 minutes before I could use my next FP+ for Mission: SPACE. At this point, I walked into Electric Umbrella so I could grab a little bit of cold water and rest for a bit. I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach this morning, and hadn't had breakfast yet because I was waiting for after my M:S FP+ so I could get coffee and a donut from my favorite Joffrey's stand at World Showcase Plaza. Sitting in the cold air conditioning and having some water was definitely helpful! I sat and checked my phone for a few minutes before heading back out towards M:S.

Mission: SPACE was new to me this year. I had never done it before because there are so many mixed things about it and so many people have gotten sick on it. But I'm not someone who normally gets motion sick, and I don't get claustrophobic on rides, so I decided to try the Green version this year to get it off my list. I scanned my FP+ in and had to wait about 10 minutes before boarding the ride. I was the Engineer!

Verdict: I LOVED Mission: SPACE! I thought it was so much fun and so exciting, and the interactive element got me so excited to experience Smuggler's Run! I didn't think Green was intense at all, so I'll have to try Orange when I get down there this Spring!

After the ride, I decided it was finally time for me to head over to my favorite place in Walt Disney World. In ALL the world. In the universe. World Showcase, my home sweet home.

I made a beeline for that Joffrey's Stand I was telling you about earlier, the one that's next to Mexico and close to the gazebo where Daisy Duck meets. I decided to just order the donut first so that I could take my photo, eat it, and then get my latte while I headed over to the plaza. So I walked up to the counter and ordered my outfit-sake treat, the Strawberry Frosted Donut. I used a DDP credit to pay for it.

Happy glaze are here again!

Love, love, LOVE this selfie to the point where I didn't even care how the donut tasted.

So instead of photographing the donut itself (my hands were sugary and sticky and I was still kinda sick and didn't feel like digging out my camera), I put my phone in my pocket, faced towards the World Showcase lagoon and took a bite. This bite will forever be known as the bite that changed my life.

Oh, my word.

giphy.gif

If you remember my PTR, you might remember that I had this outfit and selfie planned out (as a totally normal, sane person does), but I was skeptical of the quality of the Joffrey's donut. I don't eat Dunkin' Donuts at home because they always taste dry, stale, and somehow void of flour, and I expected the Joffrey's donut to be the same. WRONG. SO wrong. More wrong than I have ever been in my life.

This donut was SO good. The cake was so light and airy, I couldn't believe just how soft and fluffy it was. The strawberry glaze was fresh and had actual strawberry flavoring in it. Plus this thing was HUGE. I really thought I was going to take a bite and throw it out, and I ended up inhaling the whole thing. It became my favorite snack in all of Disney, PERIOD, and I ended up forcing my family to try it and having the donut two or three more times before we left this week.

After I was finished eating (about 4 seconds later), I went back to get my latte. The caramel iced latte from Joffrey's has been a favorite of mine since last year. It's nice and sweet, a perfect light refreshment on a hot day to give you a perfect boost of caffeine before heading off to conquer the World Showcase.

I started in Mexico, where I took a few pics.

48766146731_d3ecf758a4_b.jpg

48766146566_8b3061e3fa_b.jpg

My friend from 2017! I was thinking about getting Fernanda a bull pal this year, but it looks like they didn't have bulls this day. Just unicorns.

48766348017_7a8e627291_b.jpg

And then there were these two. PRECIOUS. I love the little kitty! If they had smaller statues of her, I would have taken her home for my dorm!

48766347287_67480f973b_b.jpg

I didn't spend much time in Mexico before moving on.

It was almost time for my Frozen FP+ to open up, so I went to Norway. The wait time to meet Anna and Elsa was at 15 minutes, so I naturally had to get in line and say "hey" to my favorite sisters!

48765814073_4eacb73664_b.jpg

48766346592_f40778014e_b.jpg

For the life of me, I can't remember anything about my conversation with Anna, though I'm sure she was a doll.

48788420882_a94164b1f0_b.jpg

Then the ice queen herself! She's always been very relatable to me, so I love talking to her. I only remember one thing about this interaction, and it's that right before this picture was taken, she said, "We should make you an honorary sister! Or elsa-rary."

I'll give you a moment to figure it out, and once you do, you'll see why I'm laughing here.

IMG_0339_50.jpg
48787911933_a96051fe2e_b.jpg

They were fun as always, and then I went to scan in to Frozen Ever After.

One of my favs!

48788413732_9079aa5606_b.jpg

After Frozen, I headed out to my next Pavilion adventure.

I skipped over China. I thought about stopping at Joy of Tea, but ultimately decided to look for food elsewhere. Today was about snacking across the Showcase!

Once I walked by Germany, I smelled the popcorn coming from Karamell-Kuche and new I had to head in there and see what the case looked like today. You know, for science.

48765813208_045d217812_b.jpg

Quite honestly my favorite bakery case in all of Disney.

I asked the lovely CMs behind the counter if they could recommend a snack for me and they recommended the popcorn, so guess what I walked out of there with?

48766346057_7e8956fd8d_b.jpg

This popcorn really is a marvel of modern cooking. The caramel coating is so sweet and thick. It's a real treat.

I admired the ambiance of Germany for a little while longer before moving on.

48766144016_76ec9d33b5_b.jpg

(Click
here to continue!)

Last edited:
I hit the ground running with a 400-level Creative Nonfiction writing course this semester and was recently elected to fill the office of Vice President for my sorority.
Yes girl, you go get it!

Sitting in the cold air conditioning and having some water was definitely helpful!
Good for you for taking a break!!

and the interactive element got me so excited to experience Smuggler's Run!
Oh hun hold on to your blasters because you in for one heckuva ride.

So I walked up to the counter and ordered my outfit-sake treat, the Strawberry Frosted Donut
I'm still so, so proud of you for this. It is the ultimate example of Disney love that we need to be passing on to the next generation.

to the point where I didn't even care how the donut tasted.
Okay but was it good?

This donut was SO good.
So yeah.

"We should make you an honorary sister! Or elsa-rary."
:rotfl2:

but also yes please

You know, for science.
Science appreciates your commitment.

I'm with you on loving the world showcase. I don't think it's my favorite favorite part of WDW (reserved for the Magic Kingdom, tbh) but it's definitely one of the things I miss the most. Especially the food and ESPECIALLY the caramel.

Yes girl, you go get it!

It has been a busy few weeks for me and I appreciate this support!!!

Good for you for taking a break!!

Electric Umbrella is REALLY nice in the morning before it opens, because nobody is in there but you can still get ice water, so I 10/10 recommend.

Oh hun hold on to your blasters because you in for one heckuva ride.

SSSKSKSKSKKSKSK I AM SO EXCITED

I'm still so, so proud of you for this. It is the ultimate example of Disney love that we need to be passing on to the next generation.

You are the wind beneath my wings

Okay but was it good?

Maybe

Yeah it was it REALLY was

:rotfl2:

but also yes please

I really think that they should have AT LEAST consulted me prior to Frozen 2 because I think this upcoming movie, much like the original, will lack my presence as the third Arenedelle royal sister

Science appreciates your commitment.

I'm with you on loving the world showcase. I don't think it's my favorite favorite part of WDW (reserved for the Magic Kingdom, tbh) but it's definitely one of the things I miss the most. Especially the food and ESPECIALLY the caramel.

Yes!!! I miss it so much when I'm not around, particularly when I'm feeling hungry and my school's dining hall is serving the same thing three days in a row.

I LOVE the donuts at Joffrey's! I'm more of a chocolate girl but they are all delicious.

Oooh, I'll have to try the chocolate version soon!! I think I'm going to make my "thing" on my upcoming DCP to try every new Joffrey's donut I see!

I love your donut selife! It's absolutely perfect! I think I only had a Joffrey's donut once but now I need to fix that!!

elsa-rary :rotfl: :rotfl: love it!!

Those donuts are the best! When were we there over the summer, we ate them almost every day. I don’t understand what makes them so yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!