Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

Also, a quick question-how almondy is the bread? Like chunk of almonds or is it just part of the flour (a la macarons)?

Toothsome looks so good! I think we will be stopping there for dessert after visiting Universal (the parks close at 7pm that day)! But I don't know if I can only have 1 dessert!

Also, a quick question-how almondy is the bread? Like chunk of almonds or is it just part of the flour (a la macarons)?

Toothsome was delicious, their dessert ice creams were just fantastic and I know you'll love it!

I'm fairly certain the almonds were just part of the flour, I can't remember actual almond chunks in the bread itself.

I've been looking forward to your Toothsome review since you said you would be going there :)

10 minute wait?? That's crazy!

Glad you enjoyed everything you got! Those desserts look amazing!

I've been looking forward to your Toothsome review since you said you would be going there :)

10 minute wait?? That's crazy!

Glad you enjoyed everything you got! Those desserts look amazing!

I had so much fun writing this review! It was one of the highlights of this crazy trip!

The crowds were unseasonably low that day, but the 10 minute wait still threw me!

Everything was so good, I can't wait to go back!

MK has been closed early all summer for some reason... bad for when I want to play but good for working. I gotta try those pancakes! Sorry about the bad experience at the dress shop, they never seem to be in stock even all summer.

MK has been closed early all summer for some reason... bad for when I want to play but good for working. I gotta try those pancakes! Sorry about the bad experience at the dress shop, they never seem to be in stock even all summer.

I know! Where were these 10 pm closings when we were working until 3 am last summer? :sad2:

I'll try the dress shop again someday, especially if I'm there towards the holiday season and they have that cute Christmas dress I saw!

I notice a lot of Universal TMs get salty whenever Disney is mentioned and now I'm wondering if it's part of some campy theme. Did you notice salty TMs when you went?

Mostly I just felt like I was getting weird looks if I said anything that had to do with Disney.:laughing:

Also, it’s not explained in the menu, but Jacques is her friend who is a robot. The two of them actually walk around the restaurant in a character dining-esque experience.

Interesting...

It kind of reminded me of the glam burgers at Cheesecake Factory (my all-time favorite chain).

HECK YES. Cheesecake Factory is my fave:lovestruc

I call overloaded milkshakes “viral shakes” since they became popular through viral Facebook videos, artsy Instagram posts, and foodie Twitter accounts.

We have a place near us that makes shakes like this, and they're amazing (probably not as good as a Toothsome shake, but still).

stopped at the room for a hot second, then swapped fuel rods at Boutiki again and headed out for what would turn out to be a fabulous night at Magic Kingdom!

Yayyy! MK at night is the best. Can't wait to read all about it!

Looks like your Disney Springs adventures were pretty fruitful! I love your new Vera and so wish you had bought one of those Elizabeth Taylor make-up cases because that quote is LIFE. Glad to hear you had fun catching up, but I'm sad to hear that D-Luxe Burger wasn't a great experience. That was the first place I ever ate at Disney Springs and I LOVED it. But yeah, Earl of Sandwich always wins in my heart (HOLIDAY TURKEY 5EVERRRR)

Lol I'm sorry that parking was a mess at Universal, but glad it all got sorted out. Everything at Toothsome sounds SOOOOO delicious. I definitely am digging the sound of that burger. So sad you never got to meet Penelope and Jacques, I've heard they are wonderful. We'll do that when we return (AND YOU BRING ME TO UNIVERSAL ON THE DAYS WE DON'T HAVE MAINGATES SO I CAN GET AN ANNUAL PASS AT UNIVERSAL UNLIKE AROUND A YEAR AGO AND YES I'M STILL BITTER). Sorry that there wasn't great Marge Merch (hehe) for you, but the best merch are the smallest merch tbh

Oooooo... MY MANSION. I am HERE for this next update. Cannot wait!

Mostly I just felt like I was getting weird looks if I said anything that had to do with Disney.:laughing:

Interesting...

HECK YES. Cheesecake Factory is my fave:lovestruc

We have a place near us that makes shakes like this, and they're amazing (probably not as good as a Toothsome shake, but still).

Yayyy! MK at night is the best. Can't wait to read all about it!

I noticed that a lot during my CP! I would go to US/IOA, be talking to a TM, casually bring up Disney and suddenly get bombared with jokes about "the dark side" or "the mouse trap". I'm starting to think the weird looks and joking about Disney is part of some "shtick" they're trained for!

The Factory is LIFE. I love the bread.

I can't wait to update the TR again and I can't wait to read your latest update, I'm off to do so right now! I'm loving your TR so much!

Looks like your Disney Springs adventures were pretty fruitful! I love your new Vera and so wish you had bought one of those Elizabeth Taylor make-up cases because that quote is LIFE. Glad to hear you had fun catching up, but I'm sad to hear that D-Luxe Burger wasn't a great experience. That was the first place I ever ate at Disney Springs and I LOVED it. But yeah, Earl of Sandwich always wins in my heart (HOLIDAY TURKEY 5EVERRRR)

Lol I'm sorry that parking was a mess at Universal, but glad it all got sorted out. Everything at Toothsome sounds SOOOOO delicious. I definitely am digging the sound of that burger. So sad you never got to meet Penelope and Jacques, I've heard they are wonderful. We'll do that when we return (AND YOU BRING ME TO UNIVERSAL ON THE DAYS WE DON'T HAVE MAINGATES SO I CAN GET AN ANNUAL PASS AT UNIVERSAL UNLIKE AROUND A YEAR AGO AND YES I'M STILL BITTER). Sorry that there wasn't great Marge Merch (hehe) for you, but the best merch are the smallest merch tbh

Oooooo... MY MANSION. I am HERE for this next update. Cannot wait!

Honestly, I should have bought the make-up case. I REALLY need a pencil case for school this semester and that would have been THE Pencil Case. Don't be saaaad about D-Luxe burger, be GLAD that the Holiday Turkey exists and that we'll go there when we go to WDW together. Miss you lots tonight as I go through my old CP photos.

Toothsome was so good and yes, another definite must for our grand return. Also, STORY TIME, I was peer pressured into buying my AP. I actually was not planning on dropping the money for my AP that early into my program, but literally everyone else in the apartment except for Maggie was doing it that day, and Hannah was like, "C'mon, you'll feel better about the fact that you just cried about leaving your parents for 40 minutes!" so I ponied up the money and it ended up being a so-and-so purchase. I only went a few times and wanted to go more, ESPECIALLY with you, but it never worked out since I worked so much. Definitely not my worst buy, but definitely not my proudest. Please don't be bitter, I'm about to give you a peace offering in the form of bestowing an honor on your current TR.

See you over there in a few minutes, love u lots and will update with a mansion pic next xoxo

Enjoying your report!!!! But just what is a fuel rod?!!!!

:welcome: Thanks coming joining along!

Fuel Rods are external (portable) phone chargers that Walt Disney World brought to the resort last year. There are various different stations around each park and several resorts where you can buy a charger one-time at $30, and when the juice runs out in the middle of your park day, you can swap it out for free in another fuel rod station for a full-charge. You can repeat this as many times as you wish for the duration of your stay and they don't expire, so you can continue swapping when you come back. This article does a better job of explaining it: here!

Just got caught up on your TR!!! Toothsome sounds like a dream (but I totally agree it gives me such a Max Brenner vibe!) I might have to try to find time in Nov to stop there!

Your Cherry Tree Lane story is my exact fear of going in there! Being in between sizes I always take FOREVER to try stuff on and I usually have to try one of every size before I find something that actually fits so although I'm so in love with those dressed I'm rather nervous I'll never be able to find enough time to try everything on as I need to with such a small amount of dressing room space. Kinda disappointing but that Belle dress did look super rad on you!

Oh

Fuel Rods are external (portable) phone chargers that Walt Disney World brought to the resort last year. There are various different stations around each park and several resorts where you can buy a charger one-time at $30, and when the juice runs out in the middle of your park day, you can swap it out for free in another fuel rod station for a full-charge. You can repeat this as many times as you wish for the duration of your stay and they don't expire, so you can continue swapping when you come back. This article does a better job of explaining it: here!

Oh I see!!!!! I thought it was some kind of energy food!!!:):D

Just got caught up on your TR!!! Toothsome sounds like a dream (but I totally agree it gives me such a Max Brenner vibe!) I might have to try to find time in Nov to stop there!

Your Cherry Tree Lane story is my exact fear of going in there! Being in between sizes I always take FOREVER to try stuff on and I usually have to try one of every size before I find something that actually fits so although I'm so in love with those dressed I'm rather nervous I'll never be able to find enough time to try everything on as I need to with such a small amount of dressing room space. Kinda disappointing but that Belle dress did look super rad on you!

:welcome: I'm so glad someone else can vouch for the Max Brenner vibes! It's definitely worth a stop!

They just need more than one dressing room at CTL. It takes forever to me to try things on as well and it was such a stressful experience! Hopefully, since CTL is so new, they'll expand on it!

Thanks for stopping in and commenting!

You are too sweet! Glad you're enjoying it!! :)

Always!

Oh

Oh I see!!!!! I thought it was some kind of energy food!!!:):D

It DOES sound like an energy bar, I never even realized that!

Oh my goodness, I HAVE to eat at the Chocolate Emporium. It looks Fabulous!

It's certainly worth the trip to CityWalk!

The Exciting Evening
Aug 1 cont.
(Hey again everyone! I just want to give everyone an update on the status of this TR. I'm almost finished writing it! I have about 1.75 days+travel home left to write. It looks like I'll have it finished before I go off to college so that even if I'm too busy to write an update back at school, I'll just be able to copy and paste it from Word to here! Here's the last of our Disney Springs/CityWalk/Magic Kingdom evening!)

I was about 15 minutes into my Mickey FP+ window when I walked into Magic Kingdom, so I headed to him first. At first glance, the crowds were bad on MSUSA, so I was a little nervous.

I scanned into the Town Square Theatre and as usual, the wait from FP+ merge was about 10 minutes, then about 5 more minutes in the “waiting room” before you get to the room where Mickey was. I was one of the first to meet Mickey when we got inside, so it wasn’t too bad, but the wait is usually atrocious for Mickey at this location.

Halfway through the first waiting room I remembered that Mickey had a new look and I was even more excited to meet him!

DHXUZQaXUAA1p-I.jpg

DHXUZQLW0AAurM-.jpg

DHXUZQdXUAUAyC0.jpg

He asked me if I had gone on the tea-cups, and then we had to spin around like we were on the tea-cups.

DHXUZQVWsAAsSwW.jpg

DHXUdYPXcAASbNZ.jpg

Then we took some pictures!

DHXUdYOW0AAzpT4.jpg

DHXUdYWWAAAx5on.jpg

DHXUdYYXcAAmwjw.jpg

I honestly don’t have an issue with his botox job. He looks cute and friendly, it’s just different than what I grew up with and it’s going to take some time to get used to him. I do wonder how they plan to gradually phase this new look into other M&G locations.

I did a LITTLE bit of souvenir shopping after that. Basically, I went into this trip DYING to get my hands on the VHS tape notebooks that they started selling the literal week after my college program ended and I used this night as an excuse to purchase it. I told myself that since I was going on splash and didn’t bring a backpack that night, I would NEED a plastic bag to keep my phone and new Vera lanyard dry. And the way to get a plastic bag is to buy something.

I bought the Aladdin one at the Emporium and headed towards Liberty Square for my Mansion FP+.

DHXUnE0XUAAT4Df.jpg

Mansion was packed, but I wasn’t stressing it. My Splash FP+ wasn’t for another hour and a half anyway.

As usual, the ghosts played a prank and stopped the ride for about three minutes. Peter Pan’s Flight, Winnie the Pooh, and Haunted Mansion—if you’re looking to get stopped or evacuated from a ride at WDW, these three are your best bets.

As I was walking out of Mansion, I remembered a Photopass photo op nearby and GASPED as soon as I remembered it. I ran over to it and got in the sizeable line. 20 minutes later…

DHXVB2xXkAEBFb2.jpg

DHXVB2sXYAQHAcI.jpg

I am IN LOVE with these shots! The first one is my new Facebook profile picture! If you have half an hour to kill in the evening at Magic Kingdom, run to the Tangled restrooms and get in line for this gorgeous op. Definitely one of the best shots in Disney World.

While I was in the area and my Splash FP+ wasn’t open yet, I decided to walk on over to Small World while the fireworks were starting. Honestly? I love SW during the fireworks. Keep me out of the crowds and on a nice attraction, please.

I found out through a CM that one of my favorite coordinators was out that night, but I didn’t see him. Sad reacts only.

After SW, it was finally time to head over to Splash. HEA was on the tail end and I knew that there was about to be a giant rush to Splash, so I briskly walked through Frontierland and beat that rush!

Splash is my favorite mountain and I was really happy that I got to go through it once this trip. I threw what I knew in my ride pic!

DHXUnEwW0AEzYYz.jpg

After the drop, as we were floating through the briar patch, someone in front of me commented that it was raining. I noticed that it was raining lightly, but I didn’t think anything of it.

That is, of course, until I got off the ride and scanned my ride photo and the sky OPENED UP in a fury of thunder, lightning, and soaking downpour.

I got in line at the Splash gift shop and got myself a poncho and a big bag, then made a run for it to Pirates of the Caribbean. I sought refuge from the rain on the best-smelling ride in WDW. I walked right on.

I finally got the photo from the new photo thing they added recently. When I went on with my family, for some reason we didn't get the pic. Anyway, I'm in the very last row, looking #shookt for the camera.

DHXVB2lXsAANf6u.jpg

And here's the queen of Magic Kingdom before she becomes an even BIGGER star.

DHXUnE1XUAEsD1B.jpg

DHXUnE2XYAECyGK.jpg

After Pirates, it was still raining, but not as heavily as earlier, so I was able to make it to the monorail station. The park was now technically closed, so it was time for me to go home.

As others have said, this summer was really bad for Magic Kingdom. The 10 PM closing made both monorails extremely crowded, since 10 is so early that nobody was quite ready to leave. It took me about 50 minutes to get back to the Poly.

Once I was at the Poly, I took a quick shower and fell asleep in preparation for the Epcot day ahead.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
OMG that Splash Mountain pic is EPIC. Every single pose made me laugh. And I quite like the POTC pic too (I hadn't seen one yet, I love the border. Also am I the only one who's actually excited for the Redhead's new role?!?! I think it's gonna be awesome).

And those Tangled pics! I've debating if it's worth the wait but yours look so magical I think I may be convinced now!

What an efficient evening you had! I'm still not sure how I feel about Mickey's new look. It's going to take some time and I think you know how I feel about Talking Mickey so that's another story. LOL @ your face while awkwardly spinning on the teacups with Mickey, bless it.

So jealous you got the VHS tape notebook because I NEED IT. And of course, you got the Aladdin one, THE ONE I WANTED. Actually hate you.

I'd also add Dinosaur onto that list of rides breaking down or being near evac'd. I almost rode it when it went down, but I got to see the loading area with lights on and it almost went down on another occasion. It happens. Still haven't been evac'd even after being in Disney FOR SIX MONTHS ugh

ANYWAYS, so jealous you got that photo op. It's so cute and I love that it's your profile pic atm

Is it mean that I'm judging you for throwing up your sorority sign on Splash? Or is it just mean that I'm telling you? LOVE YOU.

Omg your face from the last row on POTC. I'm shooketh. AND YAS MY QUEEN. THE REDHEAD. ONCE A WINSOME WENCH, SOON TO BE A HARDENED HAG THAT YOU DON'T DARE MESS WITH.

Lastly, DOWN WITH EARLY MK CLOSINGS. Disney, FIX YOSELF.

Looking forward to your reunion with the Ep of Cot.

P.S. Bless for almost having finished writing this before school. So happy you'll finally be able to complete a TR with the craziness that is college!

I love love love my fuel rod! I actually got it for $20 because I got it outside Disney. I was in the Sacramento airport for work and noticed it, but didn't get it and regretted that decision. Then "luckily" I was sent back up there for another project a couple weeks later and picked one up as I was leaving. I always bring one to Disney with me and exchange for new ones!

Also, funny story: when I went to DCA a couple weeks ago it was right after a torrential downpour. Like one of the Florida's showers but in CA! It only lasted about 15 minutes and I wasn't caught up in it, but they had moved the meet with Mickey inside. Turns out he meets in the photo lobby, right in front of the fuel rod kiosk! I knew mine was empty and needed to get a replacement, so I waited until one family was done then ran in before the next family came up. Of course the fuel rod got stuck and it took me longer to get it back into the proper slot! With the next family just staring at me, waiting for me to leave and get out of their photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter