Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

Girl. That storm. Let me tell you... I'm getting ready to get to the part in my TR. We got SOAKED. Like, couldn't even wear my tennis shoes the next day, soaked.

Also, I loved those VHS notebooks! I had no reason to get one, but I still have all my Disney movies on VHS!

OMG that Splash Mountain pic is EPIC. Every single pose made me laugh. And I quite like the POTC pic too (I hadn't seen one yet, I love the border. Also am I the only one who's actually excited for the Redhead's new role?!?! I think it's gonna be awesome).

And those Tangled pics! I've debating if it's worth the wait but yours look so magical I think I may be convinced now!

I am SO EXCITED for the Red Head to take on a bigger part in the ride! I hope that means more Red Head merch... it's time for Disney to bring out the Red Head mouse ear headbands!!!

What an efficient evening you had! I'm still not sure how I feel about Mickey's new look. It's going to take some time and I think you know how I feel about Talking Mickey so that's another story. LOL @ your face while awkwardly spinning on the teacups with Mickey, bless it.

So jealous you got the VHS tape notebook because I NEED IT. And of course, you got the Aladdin one, THE ONE I WANTED. Actually hate you.

I'd also add Dinosaur onto that list of rides breaking down or being near evac'd. I almost rode it when it went down, but I got to see the loading area with lights on and it almost went down on another occasion. It happens. Still haven't been evac'd even after being in Disney FOR SIX MONTHS ugh

ANYWAYS, so jealous you got that photo op. It's so cute and I love that it's your profile pic atm

Is it mean that I'm judging you for throwing up your sorority sign on Splash? Or is it just mean that I'm telling you? LOVE YOU.

Omg your face from the last row on POTC. I'm shooketh. AND YAS MY QUEEN. THE REDHEAD. ONCE A WINSOME WENCH, SOON TO BE A HARDENED HAG THAT YOU DON'T DARE MESS WITH.

Lastly, DOWN WITH EARLY MK CLOSINGS. Disney, FIX YOSELF.

Looking forward to your reunion with the Ep of Cot.

P.S. Bless for almost having finished writing this before school. So happy you'll finally be able to complete a TR with the craziness that is college!

LOL I know your feelings on Talking Mickey. I don't blame you. The delayed, awkward responses are a bit much, but apparently he's doing better with the new look.

They sell them in DLR/DCA, let's pick up a pair when we see each other in January!

True, true. Dinosaur breaks down a LOT. My cousins were almost evacuated last December.

I luuuuuuuhvvvv my lantern photos and I need you to get to WDW ASAP so that you can take some, too!

It's only mean if I take offense, which I don't because my sorority is fabulous and so I am.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to talk to you all about Epcot in a bit. Luv u Timmy!

I love love love my fuel rod! I actually got it for $20 because I got it outside Disney. I was in the Sacramento airport for work and noticed it, but didn't get it and regretted that decision. Then "luckily" I was sent back up there for another project a couple weeks later and picked one up as I was leaving. I always bring one to Disney with me and exchange for new ones!

Also, funny story: when I went to DCA a couple weeks ago it was right after a torrential downpour. Like one of the Florida's showers but in CA! It only lasted about 15 minutes and I wasn't caught up in it, but they had moved the meet with Mickey inside. Turns out he meets in the photo lobby, right in front of the fuel rod kiosk! I knew mine was empty and needed to get a replacement, so I waited until one family was done then ran in before the next family came up. Of course the fuel rod got stuck and it took me longer to get it back into the proper slot! With the next family just staring at me, waiting for me to leave and get out of their photos!

That's so awesome that you bought it for less off-property and can still switch it out! I didn't realize Disney had an up charge for the starter kit, but then again, it IS Disney, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Also, thank you for letting me know about the fuel rods in DLR/DCA, I was wondering if they had made it over there! That's so funny that they move his meet in front of the kiosk when it rains... can you say awkward placement? :laughing:

Girl. That storm. Let me tell you... I'm getting ready to get to the part in my TR. We got SOAKED. Like, couldn't even wear my tennis shoes the next day, soaked.

Also, I loved those VHS notebooks! I had no reason to get one, but I still have all my Disney movies on VHS!

It was SO BAD. I couldn't believe how soaked I was when I got back to the room that night! I like... blow-dried my Nikes. Just a little. :laughing:

I still have my VHS tapes, too! They're in a corner in my computer room. About two dozen from my first four or five years of life before DVDs were around :rotfl:

Also, thank you for letting me know about the fuel rods in DLR/DCA, I was wondering if they had made it over there! That's so funny that they move his meet in front of the kiosk when it rains... can you say awkward placement? :laughing:

Yeah, they are in both parks. The kiosks are definitely in out of the way places, but you can actually see them on the Disneyland app. If you go to "Guest Services", then the list button and click on "Portable phone charging systems kiosks", find on map, it will show all the locations. The icon looks like a half-full battery.

Adorable pics with Mickey! I still need to get used to his new look.

Ugh I love that new Tangled PP op! I really hope it sticks around.

Glad you were able to get on some rides! Your face on Pirates is hysterical!

Yeah, they are in both parks. The kiosks are definitely in out of the way places, but you can actually see them on the Disneyland app. If you go to "Guest Services", then the list button and click on "Portable phone charging systems kiosks", find on map, it will show all the locations. The icon looks like a half-full battery.

Thank you so, so much! I'll need to keep this in the back of my mind for January. I really appreciate the tips!

Adorable pics with Mickey! I still need to get used to his new look.

Ugh I love that new Tangled PP op! I really hope it sticks around.

Glad you were able to get on some rides! Your face on Pirates is hysterical!

It was definitely a little weird to walk into the room and see his new look!

From what I'm hearing from my Photopass friends, the Tangled PP op was the most successful op they created this year. It looks like it's gonna be around for a while!

LOL, thank you!!! I was ready for the camera this time, so I had time to prepare :laughing:

He asked me if I had gone on the tea-cups, and then we had to spin around like we were on the tea-cups.

STOP IT. THIS IS SO CUTE!

I told myself that since I was going on splash and didn’t bring a backpack that night, I would NEED a plastic bag to keep my phone and new Vera lanyard dry. And the way to get a plastic bag is to buy something.

Seems like sound logic to me. :thumbsup2

Basically, I went into this trip DYING to get my hands on the VHS tape notebooks that they started selling the literal week after my college program ended

I was SO tempted to buy one of these when we were there! They are so stinking cute!

Peter Pan’s Flight, Winnie the Pooh, and Haunted Mansion—if you’re looking to get stopped or evacuated from a ride at WDW, these three are your best bets.

The one and only time I've ever been evac'd was off of PoC, but I've been stopped on HM wayyyy too many times! :laughing:

As I was walking out of Mansion, I remembered a Photopass photo op nearby and GASPED as soon as I remembered it. I ran over to it and got in the sizeable line. 20 minutes later…

DHXVB2xXkAEBFb2.jpg

DHXVB2sXYAQHAcI.jpg

These are gorgeous!!

I finally got the photo from the new photo thing they added recently. When I went on with my family, for some reason we didn't get the pic. Anyway, I'm in the very last row, looking #shookt for the camera.

I'm obsessed with this! It made me so happy to hear they were adding this ride pic! :)

I am so loving this trip report. I've just read the whole thing through.

Since I'm so far behind it's hard to commit but I wills say, what a score of the upgraded room!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of your trip.

No prob! Maybe we'll even have to set up a dismeet! I have AP for DLR and live less than an hour away!

That sounds great, let's talk about this a little closer to January!

STOP IT. THIS IS SO CUTE!

Seems like sound logic to me. :thumbsup2

I was SO tempted to buy one of these when we were there! They are so stinking cute!

The one and only time I've ever been evac'd was off of PoC, but I've been stopped on HM wayyyy too many times! :laughing:

These are gorgeous!!

I'm obsessed with this! It made me so happy to hear they were adding this ride pic! :)

You are so, so cute!

I love the notebook, I just need to find a good use for it! It's not big enough to use for classes, so maybe I could start a new bullet journal type deal with it for the upcoming school year since one side of each page is dotted.

I've never been evac'd! While I worked there, I evac'd people off of Pan twice and off of Small World once. I'm waiting for the day I have to walk off of an attraction! Hopefully not Splash Mountain, but I'm not too picky :laughing:

Thank you so much. I was really hoping that these pics would turn out nice and I'm so happy they came out the way they did!

Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments! You are so sweet and so appreciated here!

I am so loving this trip report. I've just read the whole thing through.

Since I'm so far behind it's hard to commit but I wills say, what a score of the upgraded room!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of your trip.

:welcome: Thanks so much! I love writing it!

We really lucked out at the Poly this year!

I'm looking forward to updating you guys, I'm posting the first of my Epcot day now!

The Frozen Fun
August 2
I wasn’t necessarily trying to rope drop Epcot, but I woke up at 8:00 anyway and decided to just wing it. I got dressed, got ready, and got my butt over to the TTC via the Poly walkway. I went through security, got to the monorail loading platform as another monorail was approaching, and went through the Epcot security line relatively painlessly. All in all it was about a 25 minute endeavor from start to finish, which wasn’t too shabby.

I just think it’s annoying that you’re required to go through security twice for Epcot with the new procedures. I understand having to go through it once at the TTC or when you get on the resort monorail line. But what’s the point of making you go through the second bag check/detectors after you get off the monorail? This is the only park where we went through two of the same procedures this trip. Very bizarre.

Okay, I’m off my soap box now and ready to tell you how this morning started.

First I went to Test Track and breezed through the single rider line.

DHjjOokUQAEIFT9.jpg

Then I went to Starbucks and got my usual order, then I took a photo with it.

DHjjO7_UwAECtTr.jpg

DHjjOztVoAE9mTH.jpg

DHjjOokUIAAW7qp.jpg

The shirt says “I’ll take an iced latte with an extra shot of magic”, so naturally, I needed to take a picture of me with my regular order that day. The kind CM who took my order LOVED my shirt at Starbucks, so mission accomplished for the week.

I started making my way to the World Showcase and that’s when I made a delightful observation. World Showcase was, indeed, totally and completely empty on this very day and I was in love. There is truly nothing grander in the entire world than an empty World Showcase.

The queue to meet Anna and Elsa was at 30 minutes, so I debated getting in line, but I couldn’t go in with my drink, so I decided to sip it in the standby line for Frozen Ever After… which was also posted at 30 minutes!

DHjjePrV0AAvwgx.jpg

I breezed through it in about 20 minutes, finishing my drink just in time to toss it in the last trash can before merge.

Frozen Ever After is one of my favorites on property. I only went on it once during my program, and I got on the ride 5 minutes after I found out Gene Wilder had passed away, so I was eager to return to it in a less sad context. This ride was executed perfectly and I’m just in love with everything about it.

DHjjSQRUQAEbu5U.jpg

After FEA, I decided to check the wait time for Anna and Elsa again. It was only 15 minutes now! I hopped in line and was literally the only person in the queue. I walked straight up to Anna.

DHjjSQIVwAAGSRh.jpg

(PS- I am so, so sorry about the state of my hair in the photos that occured today. This ended up being the most humid day of the trip and it and even by 11-ish my hair was just NOT. HAVING. it.)

Anna was SO cute. She was so interested in my shirt!

“You know,” She explained, “Elsa does this thing where she freezes a straw made out of ice. Then we stick it in our hot chocolate and have frozen hot chocolate! It’s really good, maybe you can try some with us next time!”

I told her I would be delighted to.

DHjjSQHUwAA7-zT.jpg

DHjjSQGUwAAdvjt.jpg

Elsa was, um, a new experience for me.

DHjjV0XU0AEyP70.jpg

“I like your shirt.” She said.

“Thank you,” I told her. “Anna just told me about how you make frozen hot chocolate!”

“Yes.” She said. “Be careful when you go back out there, there is a snow goose named William who likes to make trouble and steal chocolate.”

“Oh my gosh,” I replied with a bit too much genuine concern in my voice. “I will definitely look out for him.”

“Yes…” She nodded. “He loves to make trouble. And eat chocolate.”

“Oh, wow. I’ll look out.” I nodded.

DHjjV0WUQAAwCxN.jpg

“Yes. He just steals the chocolate right from you. He slides on his belly to steal it from you.”

“Yup.”

“You’ll look out for him?”

“Absolutely.”

I wish I was exaggerating when I tell you this was a recap of a 5-minute-long conversation. Elsa was basically holding me hostage in a circular discussion about a fictional goose named William who steals hypothetical chocolate that I do not have on me. There were two families waiting to meet Elsa at this point after having met Anna.

DHjjV0dUIAARoGq.jpg

It eventually came to an end and then I moved on out of Norway.

I started walking around the showcase and stopped in Japan to look in Mitsukoshi.

Mitsukoshi has a new look! They redesigned the first room so that it’s brighter and more open. Here are some photos I took.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I was obsessed with those three llamas, they were too cute!

They also redid pick-a-pearl. It's now "Akoya Pearls: Custom Pearl Jewelry." It looks fancier now, and I think they can serve more than one party at a time now.

enhance

enhance

See those food-shaped keychains up there? Those things were weird. The synthetic bread was as soft and spongy as real white bread and looking back, I regret not buying one to squeeze and play with forever.

I moved onto the kimono room next. The kimonos are so pretty and back when I was on my college program, I promised I would buy one. I never did because they were so expensive.

Mao from Tokyo was greeting people in the kimono room and like most of the Mitsukoshi CMs, she was incredibly friendly. She was so interested in my camera and held up a kimono so I could take a photo of the detail on the fabric!

enhance

enhance

After my experience in the kimono room, I left Japan and continued my quest down the World Showcase. I didn’t really know what to do or where to go until I reached France.

I started looking at the times for Belle’s meet and greet. There was no line, so at first I assumed that she wasn’t going to be out for a bit. Nope, she was scheduled to start her first set in 5 minutes. So I figured, “Oh, it’s cloudy, they moved her inside for the threat of rain.” I checked the entrance to Impressions de France, where they move Belle to when it’s raining. Nope. Nobody there. So I asked one of the greeters if he knew what the story was and he told me that she was still scheduled to meet out front, but nobody was there because the park was totally dead today.

5 minutes until the first Belle set in Epcot and there was nobody in line. That’s how empty Epcot was that day.

I LOVED that day.

I thought about meeting Belle, but instead, I realized just how hungry I was and opted to grab some lunch.

When you find yourself in the France Pavilion with no ADRs, there’s only one thing you can do.

Go to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie and get your Roule Lard & Fromage on.

enhance

enhance

This right here is my favorite dish in the World Showcase, and probably my favorite “snack” in all of Walt Disney World. DEFINITELY the wisest use of a snack credit. This delicious roll of bacon and cheese is big enough to have as a meal and it’s only $3.95. When they ask if you want it toasted, the answer is yes 100%. It is heavenly.

I also used a snack credit on the Fraises Tart for dessert.

enhance

This was delicious as well. I’m someone who really appreciates a good strawberry with whipped cream, and this hit the spot as a sweet ending to a great meal.

Overall, this was hands down my favorite Quick Service meal of the trip. With a cup of water to drink, this meal was an economical use snack credits and would have only cost about $10 without the plan. It was a perfect portion of great food!

I walked out of lunch and my favorite WS act was starting, so I had to stop to see them!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

These two make me so happy. I watch them every time I pass by and their set is starting. This time I was invited to sit in a chair which is I guess considered being a part of the act.

After watching my two favorite waiters, it was time to say “au revoir” to France and move on.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Then I went to Starbucks and got my usual order, then I took a photo with it.

DHjjO7_UwAECtTr.jpg

So cute! I'm obsessed with that shirt!!!

World Showcase was, indeed, totally and completely empty on this very day and I was in love. There is truly nothing grander in the entire world than an empty World Showcase.

Yaaasss! There's just something so peaceful about an empty park.:lovestruc

o I decided to sip it in the standby line for Frozen Ever After… which was also posted at 30 minutes!

WHAT???

I wish I was exaggerating when I tell you this was a recap of a 5-minute-long conversation

That's a new one...I would've loved to be a fly on the wall during that M&G! :laughing:

Love your shirt and pictures with your Starbucks!
You got a lot done that morning! And YUM- that meal in France looks delicious!

I wish I was exaggerating when I tell you this was a recap of a 5-minute-long conversation. Elsa was basically holding me hostage in a circular discussion about a fictional goose named William who steals hypothetical chocolate that I do not have on me.

Coming out of lurkdom to say that this made me lol. :lmao: I love character meets, but it is for this very reason that I sometimes avoid them. I mostly stick to the fur characters because they can't talk to me, because otherwise I feel like I'd for sure be super awkward and giggly and cringey! :rotfl:

Coming out of lurkdom to say that this made me lol. :lmao: I love character meets, but it is for this very reason that I sometimes avoid them. I mostly stick to the fur characters because they can't talk to me, because otherwise I feel like I'd for sure be super awkward and giggly and cringey! :rotfl:

I second what she said... but still funny to read about your experience! hahaha:rotfl2:
Now I know when I'm in Epcot to watch out for that goose!

That's so annoying you have to go through Epcot security TWICE. I'm guessing it might be because security at Epcot has always been weirdly configured by the entrance, but that shouldn't mean monorail peeps should have to go through again. Eh, whatever.

I love the shirt and latte combo! It took me a moment to realize why you had to have a photo of yourself in front of Spaceship Earth with your white girl self and a latte. Then I saw the shirt. Honestly, you are goals.

YASSSSS QUEEN ELSA OF THE AWKWARD. I saw this coming (since I messaged you over Insta on this day and you had to spill the tea about this) and I'm still dying because I unfortunately ran into Elsa's friend TWICE and omg what a mess. I don't get why Disney doesn't do character re-evals ESPECIALLY on characters like Elsa because sometimes she needs a little pick-me-up. I'm glad Anna was cute, granted when is she not? (As much as I despise her and her sister, Anna's meets were always so fun.)

YAS MITSUKOSHI ON THAT GLO-UP. My daily anxiety just dropped like twenty fold because of seeing that photo. That place was way too cramped, opening it up was SOOOOO necessary. Imma need to go back, buy a Jigglypuff then try on a Kimono. Not sure how I feel about the more commercialized looking Pick-A-Pearl station is, although I'm sure it's far more efficient and less chaotic.

I never actually had a true meal in France (I was basic and only ate meals at Mexico and The American Adventure or Studios prior to walking over), but you might have swayed me a bit. That looks good. Although I might get distracted by Crepes and Macaroons per usual.

NO LINE FOR BELLE 5 MINUTES BEFORE HER SET?! HOWWWW?!?! I wonder how Snow's line was because she usually gets it even worse. I wish I was there. I would've gone on an around the world Princess hunt.

Is it bad that act in France does nothing for me? Everyone else is upset and I'm kinda like "meh". Stunts and circus acts are just not my gig. Sorry 'bout it.

Excited to read about the rest of your World Showcase adventures! :mickeyjum

Following along! When I saw the word Newsies I was sold I'm a huge theatre geek lol. Loved seeing your meet and greets with the characters. I didn't get to go on any my last trip since I was with a big group of my classmates (even though Moana was out and had a 10 MINUTE WAIT). Sigh.

So cute! I'm obsessed with that shirt!!!

Yaaasss! There's just something so peaceful about an empty park.:lovestruc

WHAT???

That's a new one...I would've loved to be a fly on the wall during that M&G! :laughing:

Thank you so much!

There's literally nothing better than an empty park... how can you go wrong just strolling around, not being bothered by crowds, enjoying the sights? I miss this day!

I was a little skeptical, but when the wait was truly only about 30 minutes, I was impressed. That's how you KNOW Epcot is empty!

Now I'm wondering what the Character Attendant and PhotoPass CMs were thinking... I wonder if that conversation was the norm for them? :scratchin

Love your shirt and pictures with your Starbucks!
You got a lot done that morning! And YUM- that meal in France looks delicious!

Thank you so much! Les Halles definitely never disappoints, it's certainly my favorite!

:welcome: Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, glad I could make you laugh!

Face Characters are definitely not for everyone, if I wasn't such a fan of the princesses and Tink I probably would never meet them. It can get really awkward!
I second what she said... but still funny to read about your experience! hahaha:rotfl2:
Now I know when I'm in Epcot to watch out for that goose!

I'm glad you enjoyed my moment with Elsa! Definitely keep an eye out if you happen to find yourself walking around World Showcase with chocolate in your pocket that an imaginary goose might want to steal. :rotfl:

That's so annoying you have to go through Epcot security TWICE. I'm guessing it might be because security at Epcot has always been weirdly configured by the entrance, but that shouldn't mean monorail peeps should have to go through again. Eh, whatever.

I love the shirt and latte combo! It took me a moment to realize why you had to have a photo of yourself in front of Spaceship Earth with your white girl self and a latte. Then I saw the shirt. Honestly, you are goals.

YASSSSS QUEEN ELSA OF THE AWKWARD. I saw this coming (since I messaged you over Insta on this day and you had to spill the tea about this) and I'm still dying because I unfortunately ran into Elsa's friend TWICE and omg what a mess. I don't get why Disney doesn't do character re-evals ESPECIALLY on characters like Elsa because sometimes she needs a little pick-me-up. I'm glad Anna was cute, granted when is she not? (As much as I despise her and her sister, Anna's meets were always so fun.)

YAS MITSUKOSHI ON THAT GLO-UP. My daily anxiety just dropped like twenty fold because of seeing that photo. That place was way too cramped, opening it up was SOOOOO necessary. Imma need to go back, buy a Jigglypuff then try on a Kimono. Not sure how I feel about the more commercialized looking Pick-A-Pearl station is, although I'm sure it's far more efficient and less chaotic.

I never actually had a true meal in France (I was basic and only ate meals at Mexico and The American Adventure or Studios prior to walking over), but you might have swayed me a bit. That looks good. Although I might get distracted by Crepes and Macaroons per usual.

NO LINE FOR BELLE 5 MINUTES BEFORE HER SET?! HOWWWW?!?! I wonder how Snow's line was because she usually gets it even worse. I wish I was there. I would've gone on an around the world Princess hunt.

Is it bad that act in France does nothing for me? Everyone else is upset and I'm kinda like "meh". Stunts and circus acts are just not my gig. Sorry 'bout it.

Excited to read about the rest of your World Showcase adventures! :mickeyjum

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm super happy that I was twice as safe that afternoon, but it definitely needs to be reconfigured just a little. It was a strange experience but it was shaken off as soon as I was basking in the glory of Future World.

I was THEEEEEE QUEEEEEEN OF BASICS on this trip. It actually felt quite liberating, if only it were cooler so that I could bring out the UGGs and have a PSL in Epcot.

I had been SO waiting to write this update just because I loved telling you this story and sharing about it on the finst. What a mess. I knew you'd appreciate the full tea here. And now that you mention it, Anna IS a pretty consistently fun gal.

Mitsukoshi was in desperate need of some opening-up and I didn't even know it had been refurbed until I stepped in there, they must have done it super quietly and quickly. I will bring you there for some kimono trying-on the next time we go to the world. Also, until you pointed it out, I didn't realize that pick-a-pearl did seem pretty commercialized with the new look. I remember being confused when I walked in and they weren't playing the drums and the CMs weren't as enthusiastic as usual. That's sad.

Okay, we HAVE to do France for a meal when we go back. Chefs de France was one of the best meals I have ever had in Walt Disney World. So good!

Exactly! That's why I got in line for a princess in the next update (which you tried to CALL ME OUT over when I told you I was)! There was nobody in the park. I walked past Snow White's M&G like three times and never saw a line for her forming, but that might be due to poor timing on my part.

Following along! When I saw the word Newsies I was sold I'm a huge theatre geek lol. Loved seeing your meet and greets with the characters. I didn't get to go on any my last trip since I was with a big group of my classmates (even though Moana was out and had a 10 MINUTE WAIT). Sigh.

:welcome: I'm so glad you're here!

I'm also so, so glad to have another theatre geek on board! What are some of your favorite shows?

I certainly love meet and greets! It's so annoying that you couldn't meet Moana, hopefully when you come back she'll be a regular again and you'll be able to meet her! She's a lot of fun to talk to!

The Serene Showcase
August 2 cont.

I didn’t feel like making my way over to the UK and Canada, or back to Future World, so I went back the way I came. I saw Belle leaving her set!

enhance

I decided to pop into Morocco and meet a friend I don’t usually get to talk to. Her set time was approaching fast, so I needed to hurry.

enhance

I got in line less than 10 minutes before Jasmine arrived and I was the 3rd party to meet her. This was my first time meeting her in this location, and I was LIVING for all of these little details in her area.

enhance

enhance

enhance

The book and the lamp were two more of my favorite photos this trip.

Jasmine was super nice, which I honestly wasn’t expecting since Jasmine is one of the more reserved face characters in the park. She welcomed me with a hug and called me princess.

enhance

“Are you looking for your diamond in the rough today?” She asked.

“Girl, YES!” I replied. She really gets me.

“Well, Aladdin and I will take you on a magic carpet ride and help you look sometime.” She offered. That’s my girl, offering to help set me up with a nice diamond in the rough.

enhance

We had fun.

Here are some more shots from Morocco!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

There was a PhotoPass CM by the American Adventure, so I decided to try to grab a magic shot I was trying to get this trip. I flipped out when I saw that the Fairy Wings were back in Epcot and I knew they had to be mine!

enhance

Then I got a text from Grace saying that the rest of the family was in World Showcase, fixing to get some lunch. Apparently they had arrived a few hours ago and had gone on Test Track, which has quickly become one of Dad's favorites.

enhance

They were walking towards Italy, so I met them there. Mom was really hungry, but I told her that the only thing in Italy that would be reasonable for our situation with an upcoming ADR was pizza from Via Napoli, and I didn’t know how long it would take. She didn’t really care and just needed to eat something. I was feeling lucky with these crowds, so I put our name in and less than 5 minutes later, we were sitting at a table!

enhance

Via Napoli is a favorite for my family. We love our pizza, and there’s no better pizza in WDW than Via Napoli.

I ordered a Strawberry Acqua Fresca to start. It was refreshing and not too over-the-top sweet.

enhance

For lunch, my family just ordered a margherita pie. I wasn’t going to eat any of it because I just had lunch, but… a small slice can’t hurt when it comes to Via Napoli, right?

enhance

It was pure heaven! For those of you unfamiliar with Via Napoli, the flour for the pizza dough is imported from Italy, and the water is sourced from a spring here in America that matches the water in Campania. This gives you an “authentic” Italian pizza experience. The crust is very crispy, and topped with a thin layer of tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. If you’ve never had Via Napoli pizza, VN is my top suggestion for your next Epcot ADR.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Dad wanted to go to Mitsukoshi afterwards. Yes, dad. He went to town with shrimp chips and a bunch of other Japanese snacks, and I bought a Pokemon soda and some mochi. Both of those purchases were fantastic.

enhance

We stopped at the Kawaii exhibit afterwards. Dad didn’t want to go in at first, but he ended up enjoying it more than anyone. He had fun in Japan that day.

It was raining when we got out, but not too hard, so we put on our ponchos and mom decided that she wanted to go back to Mexico, so we made our way back there. We decided we weren’t feeling our upcoming Nemo FP+, so I moved that one and our Spaceship Earth FP+ to after dinner.

Before we got to Mexico, we stopped at China. I forget why exactly we stopped, but we looked around the store, looked in the Shanghai exhibit, and then took some family photos.

enhance

enhance

“Which one of you brave souls would like to volunteer to go solo?” The Photopass CM asked. That would be me.

enhance

After our cute pics, we FINALLY actually went to Mexico.

We decided we would start things off on the Gran Fiesta Tour and go from there.

enhance

It was so cute! It was a first time for me, and I really liked it. We walked right on and after we walked off, we decided to take a look around at some of the cute little things they had for sale inside the temple…

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!