Next Round of Discounts?

I just don't know. All the new discounts end right before GE opens.

I believe there won't be discounts for after, at least not until next year if they see bookings aren't as high as they expected. A lot will depend on how crazy they get with price increases next year. If they go too high, they will price out a lot of people who are already on the edge and GE won't bring them in.

I'm sure opening will be crazy, etc. but I don't think GE has the draw that Harry Potter had/has. I know the Star Wars fan base has been around a lot longer, but HP opened during the height of Harry Potter mania. Especially with the fact it's opening on the 2 coasts, I just don't see people feeling the need to visit both. But I could be wrong. :)

I think 2021/22 will see the biggest crowd jumps, due to the Anniversary and the openings of GOTG and Tron rides.

I just don't know. All the new discounts end right before GE opens.

I believe there won't be discounts for after, at least not until next year if they see bookings aren't as high as they expected. A lot will depend on how crazy they get with price increases next year. If they go too high, they will price out a lot of people who are already on the edge and GE won't bring them in.

I'm sure opening will be crazy, etc. but I don't think GE has the draw that Harry Potter had/has. I know the Star Wars fan base has been around a lot longer, but HP opened during the height of Harry Potter mania. Especially with the fact it's opening on the 2 coasts, I just don't see people feeling the need to visit both. But I could be wrong. :)

I think 2021/22 will see the biggest crowd jumps, due to the Anniversary and the openings of GOTG and Tron rides.
The UK already has a discount for next year. Why offer that if they were waiting g to see how SWGE is doing?

The UK already has a discount for next year. Why offer that if they were waiting g to see how SWGE is doing?

Because when UK folks come, they tend to come for LONG periods of time, which = lots of money spent on property. A person coming on a 14 day trip is a bigger spender than a person coming on a 4 day trip. They can hedge their bets on domestic travelers but still want to capture the long stayers.

Well they do release them periodically, so maybe around June/July another Fall round will come out. I still think they are going to need to do something to entice other non star wars people to come. If you are not a SWGE enthusiast why are you going to be motivated to come down and deal with the crowd of people at Hollywood Studios, not to mention combined with Food and Wine as well. With Mickey's Runaway Rail not opening till the spring 20 now that is ride that will not absorb all the crowded lines for SWGE. Spaceship Earth will be down, which means EPCOT will be slammed at their Future World attractions even more.

I think they released more summer discounts (before GE) because July might be one of the slowest months on record; with most people waiting until August or pushing back their trip until August for Galaxy's Edge. If you look now for ADR's in July (with the exception of the 4th) BOG and CRT are available every single day. That's completely unheard of! :eek:

I think they released more summer discounts (before GE) because July might be one of the slowest months on record; with most people waiting until August or pushing back their trip until August for Galaxy's Edge. If you look now for ADR's in July (with the exception of the 4th) BOG and CRT are available every single day. That's completely unheard of! :eek:

Which week do u recommend if u had to pick one in July? We’re supposed to b traveling 6/5-6/13, but looking like we may have to move it due to work.

Which week do u recommend if u had to pick one in July? We’re supposed to b traveling 6/5-6/13, but looking like we may have to move it due to work.

We are going from July 5th-15th for my birthday. Honestly I think two weeks right before GE opens will be very low crowds but that's just my opinion....

I don't think they will be very low, but lower than normal.
There are also people like me who want to visit DW but no way want to be there while the craziness of SWGE is in its prime. We will visit in July and wait and see when our next trip is according to when it starts to slow a little, which who knows when that might be!

There are also people like me who want to visit DW but no way want to be there while the craziness of SWGE is in its prime. We will visit in July and wait and see when our next trip is according to when it starts to slow a little, which who knows when that might be!
We are people like you :)

I agree with this. I booked my trip thinking I was avoiding it. They announced the opening after I had it all planned and everything booked. It opens the day before my HS day was suppose to be. I had to rearrange everything so I won't be there and can hopefully enjoy the rest of Disney without to much hassle.

After July 4th the crowds disperse, it was fantastic on the morning of the 5th last year (the lowest crowds I've seen lately, we were walking pretty much all by ourselves in WS in EPCOT, had a whole length of Monorail to ourselves, etc...). I would imagine it may be even better after the holiday this year due to people trying to wait for SW:GE.

After July 4th the crowds disperse, it was fantastic on the morning of the 5th last year (the lowest crowds I've seen lately, we were walking pretty much all by ourselves in WS in EPCOT, had a whole length of Monorail to ourselves, etc...). I would imagine it may be even better after the holiday this year due to people trying to wait for SW:GE.
This is exactly why we planned our trip for the last week in July. Got the free dining and upgraded it to full service knowing it's going to be awhile before we make another trip with SWGE then the 50th anniversary. Thought we'd splurge now then start saving for our next trip which will probably be 3 years from now.

Now that we know there are massive incentives for staying on site through 11/2, what are your feelings about afterward? Do you think there will be discounts? Extra EMH (even if not as many as in September and October)? Nothing?

Now that we know there are massive incentives for staying on site through 11/2, what are your feelings about afterward? Do you think there will be discounts? Extra EMH (even if not as many as in September and October)? Nothing?
It all depends on availability and demand.

Did I miss news? Are there incentives for September and October, ending 11/2 now?

Do we expect to see any kind of AP room discounts for around November/December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!