• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Niagara Falls Rain Forest Cafe question.

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
How is this place? We are going to take the kids this Monday unless it would be a huge dissappointment if it is compared to RFC in AK.

Thanks,

While I have never been to AK RFC, I have been to NF RFC and Yorkdale RFC several times. NF has a small shark swimming around which is pretty cool. Same menu. It's nice. I would go again. S

I love these boards!! I asked this same question on the restaurant board (then realized I should ask it here) and was told that it was awful...it even included food poisoning!

SandraC, when were you there last?

Thanks

DD10 and I were there last year for the opening festivities for the Festival of Lights.

Like Sandra, have been to Yorkdale location and we have also dined in AK. They are all the same except for the really neat shark tank! It keeps the kids occupied while waiting for your table. The only thing DD does not like is in AK they had the three hamburgers and now they have the three hot dogs.

I always find the portions big. I love their chicken ceasar. This time I tried their Mango Drink. It was good!

But that's my 2 cents worth!

Scratch
:smooth:

We were at Yorkdale RFC a couple weeks ago and NF RFC a couple months ago. We go often because we are Safari Club members. We paid $15.00 for a one year membership. We got a $10 gift cert right away, plus a $5.00 gift cert on my bday and everytime we go, we get a choice of 10% off the bill or a free appetizer. We get the free food! The appetizer I order is HUGE, chicken quasadillas (sp?) with salsa, sour cream and lettuce. It really is a meal. AND FREE! dh orders a variety of things. Now that I am dietting, the last time we went the dh ordered the quasadillas (free) I ordered the soup (under $5 used the gift cert so that was free) and we just paid for the kids. Kids meals are $7.99 and they get a free cup (NF RFC might charge for the cup, it's free at Yorkdale). There is a huge variety of kids meals and the portions are GIANT. The fries and RFC chips are good. At first I wasn't impressed with the food, it was the WDW like atmosphere I went for. But now, I like the food. If you have room, order the VOLCANO dessert. It's expensive, about $11.00 but you can fed 4 hungry people or 6 not-so-hungry people. Linger and enjoy. Don't rush, take it all in. It's very WDW like. Really try to stay a long time. Every 30 minutes their is a thunderstorm! I highly recommend RFC. We have had two DIS meets are RFC! I could go again! Chat soon! S

I like the RFC too. I've eaten breakfast at the one at AK and it was great! I wish they offered breakfast at all of them. I've also eaten at Yorkdale, NF and the one in Scarborough before it closed. The food in all of them is basically the same. The protions are huge and the food is usually good. When we ate at the one in NF last year, they let me order off of the kids menu and it was more than ample. I think that almost any restaurant you ask about, you'll find people that don't like it, and others that can tell you horror stories about it, as well as those that love it. Unfortunately, bad food can happen at any restaurant sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter