Nichole's Wishes PJ 10/24/2011 ~ WP/ADH/SCP ** OUR WEDDING DAY ~ The Reception

Yep (at least they told me they recently changed it). I think they use the kitchen at the Boardwalk now

I had my site visit last week as well (my pictures of ADH have the same event setup as yours lol maybe we were there the same day). My consultant told me it is buffet only as well...Did yours mention when the change was going into effect?

I had my site visit last week as well (my pictures of ADH have the same event setup as yours lol maybe we were there the same day). My consultant told me it is buffet only as well...Did yours mention when the change was going into effect?

I just spoke with Stacey Meacham at Disney and she confirmed ADH can now do a sit-down plated meal. It is made at the GF, so some options are may be more limited since it has to travel. But ADH can definitely do a formal meal now. This is a very recent change, but she didn't say what date it took effect on.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for posting the info. that you can now do a formal sit down dinner at ADH! I am deff. going to inquire as to when this is possible, of course I have already picked my menu, but I can always change it!

I'm waiting to get our engagement photos back from Randy so I can finish our website and our save the dates. Meanwhile, I have developed our wedding logo :)

JPEGLogo.jpg

I found this Mickey-shaped magazine holder on eBay - I think I may use it as the card holder or petal holder at the ceremony. I'm not sure yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy! I also found the top hat with ears for DF. His head is too big for the beanie hats!

IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg

We received the CD of our formal engagement photos that we had taken outside of Atlanta. It's really hard to pick my favorite one! Let me know what you think :)

DSC_0468.jpg
DSC_0459.jpg
DSC_0415.jpg
DSC_0315.jpg

I found this really cute Mickey/Minnie ribbon and finished the Tears of Joy packets too!

IMG_0937.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :flower1:

I love the picture where he's kissing you on the head! :goodvibes

And very CUTE ribbon!

We have been assigned our wedding planner, Maxine Pallakis. We had a conference call yesterday and she seems really nice! We even scheduled our planning session for April 12th! We are all booked and ready for another Disney vacation. :woohoo: I am thinking about booking a sweetheart dinner while we are there. Is it worth the money?

She has some great ideas so I am feeling more at ease. :goodvibes I think the biggest things DF and I can't agree on right now are the cake and what to do with kids at the wedding. I want a formal black tie wedding, which I don't think goes well with kids. But our families are making our wedding part of their vacations, so I know there are at least 6 kids. I don't feel right asking them to pay for babysitters on top of the travel expense, etc. Maxine suggested having a kid party upstairs at ADH with a TV and games. I'm leaning towards that right now. She is going to check to see whether the Boardwalk has a kid's club (I have read different things in different places), which is not a bad idea either. This is just something I didn't originally budget for, but I image there will be a lot of those type things.

On a totally separate note, we received our first welcome bag favors in the mail today -- koozies! They are perfect for all our pre-wedding activities! I totally love them!! :cool1:

Koozies-01.jpg

I think the idea of having a special area for the kids is excellent! That way everyone will still be together, but none of your guests are incurring childcare costs.

And your koozies are very cute! :thumbsup2

Hi, I'm just joining in. I love your plans so far and I absolutely adore your invites for your bridesmaids! You're so talented!

Can't wait to hear more!

I finally figured out how to multi-quote and change the size of my photos!! :banana: I am definitely not the techie one in the family :)

Love your plans so far!! :) I love the Mickey-shaped find on ebay!!! :)

Thanks! It's a little random, but I think it will come in handy!

I love the picture where he's kissing you on the head! :goodvibes

And very CUTE ribbon!

Thanks so much! That pic is one of my favorites too!

I think the idea of having a special area for the kids is excellent! That way everyone will still be together, but none of your guests are incurring childcare costs.

And your koozies are very cute! :thumbsup2

Thanks - I think we are going to go with this option (at least right now). I'm trying to be as family-friendly as possible, but only one side has children. So its hard to find a balance that will please everyone!

I love your plans so far and I absolutely adore your invites for your bridesmaids! You're so talented!

Thanks! That is so sweet!

Huge congrats on passing the bar! :cheer2: I can't wait to see more pics and I absolutely love the "will you be..." cards you made, very classy!

Thanks so much!

Just read the beginning of your PJ...!

Congrats on passing the bar! :cool1:

Thanks! It's a huge relief!! Now we can really start planning!

I had to peek in on your PJ because we're renewing our vows 2 days after you get married next year. October is a beautiful time for a wedding!!

I couldn't agree more! Maybe our paths will cross while we are there :)

And your story is so similar to ours ... we also met in November and were engaged the following May! (We actually married the following October, and next year will be our 20th anniversary.) And my dh is a tech guy too ... he's the North American tech manager for his company! I'm not a lawyer, but wanted to be one and interned at a law firm before realizing it wasn't for me, LOL! Congratulations on passing the bar!! :thumbsup2

LOL - law is not for everyone! I like to think that I do "happy law" working with patents.

Congratz on passing the Bar! That's awesome. I've also booked Randy and Stan. I loved both their work and they both seem really nice! Looking forward to reading more of your plans. Enjoy your site visit!

Thanks! I love how laid back Randy and Stan are and their work is exactly what we had in mind. We are suppose to get our engagement photos from Randy this week and I am dying to see them!

We got our first Christmas present from our family in the mail yesterday -- our guest book! It's exactly what I wanted -- a slight variation on a traditional guestbook. :cloud9:

We are going to have someone (yet to be decided) pass the pages and markers out when the guests are seated for dinner before we are announced at the reception. That should give them a few minutes to get creative!!

Guestbook4.jpg
Guestbook5.jpg

There are fun pages for DF and I to fill out too. Even a place for us to write a letter to one another before the ceremony :)

Guestbook2.jpg

We got our beverage napkins in yesterday too!

Napkins.jpg

On another note, we signed our contract with Rev. Jack Day. He seems like such a sweet man! I talked to him about piecing together parts for several different ceremonies that I liked. We want something that is non-denomination (our families are across the board on religions), but with a little bit of religion mixed in. I have a feeling that putting this together is going to be something I put off for a while!

I decided it was finally time to go wedding dress shopping. For some reason, this is the one thing I am least excited about. I just get so nervous about making the right decision!

We weren't suppose to take photos, but we snapped a few in the dressing room. These are my 3 favorites so far:

#1 (shown in ivory, but would get in white)
a91bacd4.jpg
0dcc14f0.jpg

#2 (shown in ivory, but would get in white)
687db987.jpg
412c873f.jpg

fc472f29.jpg

hi! I was just looking through ur PJ.. love the wedding logo and all the cool stuff you got done with it!! Also, all of the dresses you showed are beautiful, but I'm in love with the first one.. it looks amazing on you. When I first saw it I was like OMG I want it, haha. But it fits you great, just my opinion. ;)

just joining in. Everything looks great so far! You will love Rev. Day, we used him for our wedding and he really is the sweetest man. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was.

Love the logo and all the ways you have used it so far. The koozies are great!

I think my favorite is dress #1 on you, it just looks like it was made for you. Looking forward to hearing more.

just joining in. Everything looks great so far! You will love Rev. Day, we used him for our wedding and he really is the sweetest man. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was.

Love the logo and all the ways you have used it so far. The koozies are great!

I think my favorite is dress #1 on you, it just looks like it was made for you. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks! I've only talked on the phone with Rev. Day, but he seems so personable and nice! It's great to hear how well his other ceremonies have gone!

They're all lovely but I think my favourite is number 3

I agree -- dress #1 looks like it was made for you! It looks amazing. :goodvibes

hi! I was just looking through ur PJ.. love the wedding logo and all the cool stuff you got done with it!! Also, all of the dresses you showed are beautiful, but I'm in love with the first one.. it looks amazing on you. When I first saw it I was like OMG I want it, haha. But it fits you great, just my opinion. ;)

Thanks so much! I am still on the fence, but my MOH is coming back to town after the holidays. So hopefully, when we go back I can make up my mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!