Nichole's Wishes PJ 10/24/2011 ~ WP/ADH/SCP ** OUR WEDDING DAY ~ The Reception

We went right into our first dance. We picked "Are you going to kiss me or not" as our song. It was actually perfect for us ... when DH and I first started dating, it took him 5 dates to kiss me. And we had some really romantic dates!! I could not figure him out, and I guess he was thinking the same thing. When I was single before I met DH, my friends were telling me how to be "more southern" so I was giving it my best. I was not going to make the first move, or be too easy. So we went out several times. I didn't invite him in after our second date, which lasted almost 8 hours since I didn't want to make it too easy for him. I mean, he had 8 hours to kiss me! We had gone iceskating, to a hockey game and then to a bar. He had plenty of time to kiss me!! Then on a later date, he took me to a fancy restaurant and to Cavalia. I finally invited him in that evening and we watched a movie. Still even after some wine, he hadn't made his move. So finally, I said I was tire and it was time for him to go. Then on our 5th date, he was going to make me dinner at his place. So we had dinner, spent some time in the hot tub, and watched a movie, but still nothing!!! So I was looking at my watch thinking, what the h***! Finally, during the second movie, I turned to him and said "are you going to kiss me of what?" Right as I turned and said that he was leaning in to "make his first move". So the song was so perfect!!

It was really awkward to say the least dancing in front of everyone, but once we relaxed, it was really special. I think our most memorable dance was actually our last dance, but more on that later!

3FirstDance142.jpg
3FirstDance153.jpg
3FirstDance155.jpg
3FirstDance157.jpg
3FirstDance160.jpg
3FirstDance185.jpg

So as I mentioned above, we had our party and family join in about half way through. When the DJ announced this, everyone paired up and started dancing. Then we saw the girls kind of look at one another and shrug their shoulders before dancing with one another. DH and I looked at one another and then we each started dancing with one of the girls. It wasn't planned, but it worked out nicely. We swapped half way through so each got to dance with each of us.

3FirstDance165.jpg
3FirstDance167.jpg
3FirstDance170.jpg
3FirstDance176.jpg

And then we all came together in the end.

3FirstDance180.jpg

Then it was time for dinner. So everyone took their seats before the speeches began and dinner was served.

As an aside, I know I had so many questions about how the seating would work on the dance floor, so here are some pics. We had a long head table and six rounds. There was plenty of room for dancing later and it made ADH not feel so big. Another thing I was glad I did was use the existing chairs from ADH. So there was no additional cost to have chairs brought in and no chair covers needed. Really, the chairs when with the ADH decor and no one noticed.

3DinnerSpeeches017.jpg
3DinnerSpeeches018.jpg
3DinnerSpeeches020.jpg
3DinnerSpeeches025.jpg

Up next... more on the reception!

WOW!!! I really love everything!!!!

You are just stunning and have a beautiful glow.

I can't wait to see more...

Love everything, Nichole! It all flows so well together and really looks great!
I love your dusk and night-time pics out on the Boardwalk! I'm hoping we'll be able to escape away for a few minutse to take some ourselves! The lights and everything are just so pretty! :goodvibes

That is a really cute story about your first kiss and the song seems to really fit!

Did you DIY all of your place cards and table#s or did you order them from somewhere? They look great! I know you are/were a DIY queen, so just wondering!

popcorn::

what fun pics at the WP! :love: i especially luv the pic with ur hubby in the brides room with his hands pulling out his pants pocket (meaning he is broke bcuz of the wedding) :lovestruc It made me laugh :laughing: u guys look awesome 2gether :goodvibes

•Oh wow, everything looks so beautiful! (I have to admit, every time I see pictures of ADH I get so sentimental now, haha).
•The marquee is such a fun addition to the location, I say money well spent!
•I love that the bridal party lined up in front of the table for the first dance. It kinda breaks the ice.
•We also used the existing ADH seats for some of our tables and I think they look fine. It fits with the whole theme, you know?!

Awesome! I'm so excited to see more!!!!!

Wow... Everything looks amazing!

I love the red accents the flowers are very pretty! :) and the black table clothes look very sophisticated.

Your photos really are beautiful! I love the night time ones outside! They are wonderful! :)

:surfweb:

XXX

Yay, more updates! The ADH looks great set up with your colours.

I think I need to convince one of my sisters to have a Disney wedding, though a lottery win may be needed first!!

(Yay my football team just scored in the Europa League whilst I'm typing :banana: )

Can't wait for more updates.

So sorry I haven't finished my wedding day report yet!! However, we do have wonderful news to announce ...

We are expecting our first child on October 3, 2012!!

We are completely thrilled and scared out of our minds all at the same time! I guess it doesn't help that my hormones are on overdrive!

I am officially through the fun of the first trimester, so I promise to finish my report! My first trimester was not as bad as it could have been, but I am feeling a million times better now, so my goal is to catch up on everything I let slide over the past few months.

Congrats!! Being a new mommy myself, I can say that it is the most challenging and rewarding experience!!! Congrats on the wonderful news!! May your your last 2 trimesters be easier :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

When do you find out the sex?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!