Nickelodeon Family Suites.

meandtheguys2 said:
Just pointing out a major difference. (not based on "magic", but on function.) Didn't mean to offend.

No offense taken. I think I'll edit my earlier to post to note room size is not being compared. :goodvibes

I'm sure hoping that this hotel is comparable to spending a week at Chuck E. Cheese. We had put a lot of work into picking a hotel that everyone would enjoy, and my idea of a vacation would not be that. Leaving for this hotel in 2 days and no worried that it will not meet our expectations. Any response from anyone that has been there real recent would be greatly appreciated.

I hope its not either but think about it given the choice where would kids rather eat, at Chuck n Cheese or at a facy smancy French restaurant.

we leave may 30th for the nick hotel. my main concern is the kids having fun and im sure they will when we stay there. so much for them to do.. they won't want to ever leave lol.

DisneyMomx7 said:
We're only staying two nights and are 2 adults and 3 kids so I'm not too worried about the size - we won't need the sleeper sofa. Is anyone else like me and just going for the "Nick" atmosphere and waterpark like pools. We stay at GF at Disney and HRH at Universal so its not like we're going to be comparing the rooms I just know my kids are dying to go to a Nick character breakfast and a "Sponge Bob" room! I'm sure that by the time we go in July the renovations should be finished and I'm sure it will be magical!

The only reason I booked it for our next trip (2-nights only) was for the Nick atmosphere & the pools. We always resort hop during our trip & the kids are so excited to stay here.

We stayed 1-night last year in October during the peak of construction & my kids still had a blast!!

I doubt I will be disappointed, becuase it's for the kids and I know they will love it.

:flower: ,
Katie

Frosty Friend 80 -

I hope you didn't think I LITERALLY meant a weekend at Chuck E. Cheese! That WOULD be a nightmare! I only meant a sort of fun-infused place to stay as opposed to a nice, quiet hotel.

I do think this hotel will be "busy" in terms of activities, lots of kids running about having a wild time playing - all sorts of stimulation - that sort of thing. That was what made me think of Chuck E. Cheese!

At any rate, I hope you have a great time, and be sure to post about your trip!

P. s. May you not run into Chuck E., but Spongebob instead!

mousefansmom said:
I am having a VERY tough time deciding between Nick and one of the Universal owned properties prior to our Disney stay. They are comparable in price, but the Universal properties have the FOTL access, and we are going the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so crowds should be high. I can't wait until that weekend is over so that we can check into the Beach Club Villas. THAT decision was easy!! Any advice?

Mousefansmom

I would definitely go with a Universal hotel! I have been to (then Holiday Inn Family Suites) twice and really enjoyed it, but we paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 a night! It is a great hotel for kids and great access to the WDW parks, but for Universal, there is nothing like the onsites. We have stayed at the Hard Rock hotel twice and enjoyed FOTL tremendously in OFF SEASON! If you are going Thanksgiving weekend, FOTL will be a must! Besides that, the convenience of walking right from the hotel to the parks within minutes can't be beat. The parking structure at Universal is a LONG walk from the main gates. To me there is no contest, stay onsite and save Nickhotel for your next (WDW) trip.

We are staying at the Nick Family Suites May 5 and 6 after a 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder. This will be our 4th stay there, so I will let you know how the "new" hotel compares to the old.

What made up my mind? Well, DD entered a poster contest they had and won 2 FREE nights there! Can't beat that price! I guess I don't mind paying for breakfast, then. :goodvibes

I am afraid that we will be disappointed, though. We LOVED the old place. Yes, there were lots of kids, and yes, the food was just OK, but the pool (open til midnight), karaoke, bingo, magic show, free popcorn and face-painting were SO much fun. We thought you didn't even have to go to Disney, there was so much to do!

I just talked to them tonight and they said everything is done except for the fast-food area, and a "specialty" restaurant. The breakfast buffet is available, the pools are both open, and the character breakfasts are running.
:cool1:

Someone on another board said they were able to use the extra magic hours at Disney when they were staying at Nickelodeon. I know that can't be correct. Can someone let me know?

Of course they also said it was on Disney property which I know is worng.

metta4 said:
We were going to stay there for our june trip but changes our mind and are staying at POR

The dates I wanted didn't have any mousesaver, aaa or entertainment book discounts avail but she did offer me a 1 bedroom kid suite for $150.00/night.

What dates were you looking for that you were offered $150? Any idea when mousesavers rate will be out for February 2006?

Having stayed at this place twice I would say it is VERY much like a weekend at Chuck-E-Cheese. Take that however you like. For us off site is not worth the savings, I would rather go for fewer days onsite than stay at this place again.

We are planning to move from our disney hotel to a closer hotel near universal and IA. Of course the kids want to stay at the nick hotel.
Any ideas? :rotfl:

We're doing all three! Two nights at Nick Hotel (I know a lot of people thinks it's cheesey and tacky and it probably is, but the kids have their hearts set on it and I think they'll have a lot of fun), then 12 nights at GF and then 4 nights at HRH. I think you can move around and enjoy lots of places besides Disney and still have a great time.

DisneyMomx7 said:
We're doing all three! Two nights at Nick Hotel (I know a lot of people thinks it's cheesey and tacky and it probably is, but the kids have their hearts set on it and I think they'll have a lot of fun), then 12 nights at GF and then 4 nights at HRH. I think you can move around and enjoy lots of places besides Disney and still have a great time.

I totally, absolutely agree! :)

I would like to restate what I said, I ran out of time and it wasn't clear.

I wouldn't stay at NICK to save money instead of staying onsite. I wouldn't stay here just to have more space than onsite (if you need a bed that is another matter). As a place to stay on the front or back end of a trip, or for off site events (like those other parks) it works. It works best if you have little kids and/or a party of 5 or 6.

I would never pay $200+ a night. It is not worth that much IMHO.

We are doing one night at the Nick hotel, June 2...my son *has* to stay here. And I even booked a charater breakfast. The next day we are moving to Universal and the HRH before going on to Disney for a week.

This will be the first time that we are doing something besides Disney and we are so excited! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter