Night time lights at Hogwarts ?

Polyonmymind

UOAP#1
Looks like I'll be able to catch this next week before the show ends. I can not find a lot of information on line, other than "Ongoing from Dusk to Park Close".

Any recommendations for where to watch, or the best time to view this?

Do the visuals repeat every so often?

Yes they repeat often.

We stand in front of where the frog choir stand but closer to the path near the fence. We’ve always had a good view there.

I’d go when it’s as dark as possible.

@schumigirl mentioned a good one which we like. Also standing on the bridge (going to Jurassic Park) is great and often far few people.

Joseph

I watched it twice in Feb - once from where schumigirl mentioned, then from the bridge to Jurassic area to see the side of the castle better. Yes, it repeats several times. It's short, but fun.

Looks like I'll be able to catch this next week before the show ends. I can not find a lot of information on line, other than "Ongoing from Dusk to Park Close".

Any recommendations for where to watch, or the best time to view this?

Do the visuals repeat every so often?

What do you mean "before the show ends"? Is it definitely ending this month?

What do you mean "before the show ends"? Is it definitely ending this month?

I was looking at the show times on the official Universal web site. I noticed they did not list any other shows for this past June 16th.

Since you questioned, I looked again only to notice all of the shows on the Universal web site do not go past June 16th. Maybe they only list a month at a time or something? Sorry as I may have sent up a false red flag!

We caught the last one Sunday (6/3) night, just at park closing, and found the crowd very light. No idea if that is normal or not. Sunday was a pretty light day in the parks overall.

We caught the last one Sunday (6/3) night, just at park closing, and found the crowd very light. No idea if that is normal or not. Sunday was a pretty light day in the parks overall.

Yep, We`ve never seen this light show anywhere near as busy as the Christmas one on the nights we saw it.

I was looking at the show times on the official Universal web site. I noticed they did not list any other shows for this past June 16th.

Since you questioned, I looked again only to notice all of the shows on the Universal web site do not go past June 16th. Maybe they only list a month at a time or something? Sorry as I may have sent up a false red flag!

Thanks Poly.

Yes they repeat often.

We stand in front of where the frog choir stand but closer to the path near the fence. We’ve always had a good view there.

I’d go when it’s as dark as possible.

Good advice .....we skipped the first shoe b/c it was not very dark and it was really crowded. We easily caught the next show. People gathered around the stage where the frog choir performs and up into the area where you go to get on the Forbidden journey ride. Its a cool show and it is not too long and not too short :)

We saw them last Friday--the first show was pretty crowded, so we browsed the shops until it was over and some people had cleared out. We ended up near the frog choir stage, as several others have mentioned. You don't want to be too close, because there are some effects in the trees near the stage that you'll miss otherwise. We also rode Hippogriff and saw parts of the show from the ride. My son thought that was awesome, but I felt like it was way easier (and a better view) on solid ground! It really is a wonderful sight-even made me tear up a little.

On the UO website it looks like this show is only on Sundays... I hope this isn't true because then we'll miss it. :(

On the UO website it looks like this show is only on Sundays... I hope this isn't true because then we'll miss it. :(

No it isn’t. I just looked on the website and it’s listed as ‘ongoing from dusk until park close’ everyday through 10th June - 30th June because that’s only how far the schedule goes at the moment.

The schedule is weekly so the 10th June to the 16th June, the 17th June to the 23rd June etc

Yep, We`ve never seen this light show anywhere near as busy as the Christmas one on the nights we saw it.
The crowd flow in that area is awful to begin with and the Christmas lights definitely didn't help at all. I did find that the later shows were significantly less crowded though. I was able to put my camera and tripod up without issue later in the night.

I spoke to someone at guest services and was told that weeks of June 21 thru July 8th the show would be on at 9:15 pm every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter