No affect on Camping Board

ntsammy5

DIS Veteran
There are tons of posts on the regular board -- lots of questions and lots of answers -- so the community board is having no affect. It looks like there are a lot of posts over here too. Lots of fun was had by all. maybe we can get back to the weekly polls.

That's the way it should be. Colson is the Pollmaster General. Any polls will have to start from him.

There are tons of posts on the regular board -- lots of questions and lots of answers -- so the community board is having no affect. It looks like there are a lot of posts over here too. Lots of fun was had by all. maybe we can get back to the weekly polls.

Yea, but some threads are still getting a lot of off topic stuff like some of the posts in the gifts sent back to the fort and the alligator thread.

I do agree and think it's great that member's actual questions are still getting answered by those posting a lot here.

IMHO now that the powers to be have created this sub forum we need to ...

1. Make sure the threads in the other sub forum are fully answered

and,

2. Chit chat, off topic stuff is contained in this sub forum as much as possible.

Those that appreciate this sub forum might loose it and end up with more strict moderation in the other sub forum because we couldn't police ourselves properly.

Just my $.03 :goodvibes

Larry

Larry glad to see on the CCB,

Rhonda and myself will try diligently to keep the main forum on topic of trip planning and all things Fort. probably will have to add another moderator or 2 at some point.

Larry glad to see on the CCB,

Rhonda and myself will try diligently to keep the main forum on topic of trip planning and all things Fort. probably will have to add another moderator or 2 at some point.

You won't see me post much here unless the actual topic is of interest to me since I'm just not a chit chatter and I was actually trying to not end up with a situation that is worse than what we had originally. I'm sure my name is mud about this stuff due to my posts :stir: , but I've never been afraid to voice my opinion and I'm too old to care now :cool1: :lmao: :rotfl:

Larry

Larry I am sorry to hear that you won't be around much here. :( I enjoy your posts and all of your useful information. I will however voice my opinion again, that the useless chit chat and playful banter are what attracted myself and many others to this forum, and I hope that separating the info from the fun doesn't hurt the overall feeling of the place.

If you look at it from the standpoint of a new person just finding the dis, and look at the camping board already, it is getting kind of cut and dry. Ask a question get it answered, leave. While that may be what some are looking for, it may turn others away.

So my hope is that the mods let us weirdos have a little fun on the regular board (after the question has been beat to death) to keep the place lively. I will do my best to keep answering the same questions over and over, because I asked the same things when I first came here. But if it becomes a chore with no fun involved, then I and I feel many others with wander away from the main board and "LIVE" here. LOL

Ok I am done, hope to see ya around Larry, I mean that sincerely.

John, You are right. the chit chat and personal interaction is what keeps our post count high which equals ratings which equals money in disboard's pockets. I'm glad they created this, and will probably post here and on your board 95% of the time.

Larry I am sorry to hear that you won't be around much here. :( I enjoy your posts and all of your useful information.

The important adjective in the above snippet is "useful" and I will always try and provide that along with even some "off topic - useless stuff" at times when it's of particular interest to me or hits "my fancy", both here and on the other sub forum. I'm not going away anytime soon, since I do enjoy sharing Disney info and helping others getting to be a WDW FW regular.

I give a lot of credit here to the two main moderatorss in the Camping Forums and have they have run and handled it since IMO (and that is not a humble opinion since I have been a moderator on a Major Diesel Website for several years and know and appreciate how hard it can be and would never envision me doing that again) they are doing a superb job. Both get "Gold Stars" :thumbsup2

Larry

I will do my best to keep answering the same questions over and over, because I asked the same things when I first came here. But if it becomes a chore with no fun involved, then I and I feel many others with wander away from the main board and "LIVE" here. LOL

I split up your original quote into two snippets and hope I kept the context in each of my posts. I agree it can be a chore to answer the same question over and over again, but newbies don't realize what the search function can do so they ask the question and are looking for actual information which they desire from us and want as many opinions at times as possible with out a lot of "useless" info to them and since we have "been there and done that" we owe it to them IMHO to provide it as best we can. Now that we have a "facts/information" based sub forum and a "fun" forum, we IMHO need to learn to separate the two and not ignore the basic reason for DIS which is information and not just "fun" ... and that was the basic reason for my first post in this thread.

IMO ... again not so humbly is that someone that wanders away from the main board and simply lives here is not a true Disney Afficaniado" (SP) but here for some unknown personal reason(s).

Larry

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
allworkandnoplay.jpg
theshining2.jpg

Larry, I agree, I was not "disagreeing" with you at all, my point is that if the main board is kept so sanitary that it is just a question and answer board, then you may be the there answering questions by yourself!

As an Owner of a BB, I feel that my objective is to get people there and to keep them there. If you don't have people on your site, you don't have much of a site. On my site I will answer every question that is posted in the best way possible. But on here, I answer questions voluntarily, with out any ulterior motive. I do it because it is fun to be here and interact with all the Ear regulars. But if the fun isn't here any more, I won't be here either.

I guess my point is, if the dis likes to make money, which I am pretty sure it does, then they need traffic, and boy do we give them traffic. LOL Then they need us to keep the place alive. To keep myself around, I need more than just the same Disney info q and a over and over. I hope that they remember that!

So anyway, Larry, I really do appreciate your posts, and look forward to more.

Hommmmmme home on the rangeeeeeeee..............

I hope this means we can sing now lol. Well maybe not but can we burp and scratch ourselves on here?

IMO ... again not so humbly is that someone that wanders away from the main board and simply lives here is not a true Disney Afficaniado" (SP) but here for some unknown personal reason(s).

Larry

Larry-

Hmmmm... let's see..... I have been camping at FtW since 1974... and during those 34 years, have multiple stays each year. I've been an annual passholder since the late 1980's. I have the Disney Dining Card. DH & I live close enough to WDW that we are usually there 1 time or more a week. Even though we live in such close proximity, in 2002 & 2003 we stayed at FtW for 3 month stretches both times AND made short week-end stays the rest of those years. Again, living 25 miles from FtW, our motor home has seen no other campground & we still make as many week-end stays as our schedule allows. I own Disney stock. I will probably spend more time on the sub-board than the main board. If I'm not a Disney Afficianato, I don't know who else would qualify.:duck:

If I'm not a Disney Afficianato, I don't know who else would qualify.:duck:

Hmmmmmmmm i'd say you quialify. Yep. so quialified I would almost say certifiable. ::yes:: Not that theres anything wrong wif that.

Larry-

Hmmmm... let's see..... I have been camping at FtW since 1974... and during those 34 years, have multiple stays each year. I've been an annual passholder since the late 1980's. I have the Disney Dining Card. DH & I live close enough to WDW that we are usually there 1 time or more a week. Even though we live in such close proximity, in 2002 & 2003 we stayed at FtW for 3 month stretches both times AND made short week-end stays the rest of those years. Again, living 25 miles from FtW, our motor home has seen no other campground & we still make as many week-end stays as our schedule allows. I own Disney stock. I will probably spend more time on the sub-board than the main board. If I'm not a Disney Afficianato, I don't know who else would qualify.:duck:

I am an anti-Disney Afficianado

Larry

I am on the camping regular and sub forum because I WANT to be, not for some "personal reason(s)". I consider myself a Disney Afficaniado, just like Deb, as I have been going to to Fort and WDW since 1974 as well, which is almost my whole life. I grew up in South Florida and I am proud of the fact that I know more than the average bear about Disney and love to help others. I guess because I don't contribute to the camping board being strictly about answering questions from other people, you consider me a nuisance. I refuse to be droll, when there are so many people on this forum who like to contribute, but in a way you don't care for. Look at it this way, people beg the tag fairy EVERY DAY to give them a tag on the community forum, and to no avail. Because our group of loonies is fun loving and joking, all the tag fairies came our OUR forum for a whole weekend and continue to pop in and out from time to time. They would never think to want to go somewhere where it is stale and dry. They are super mods, they know all. If that is how you would like the camping forum to be, then please, by all means, put all of us troublemakers on your ignore list so that we don't bother you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter