No Bag line and dslr

Dawnywog

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can go through the no bag lines at the parks with a dslr (not in a case) around your neck? That's all I'm planning on bringing into the parks, but if I have to go through the bag check line I might as well actually bring a bag.

Thanks in advance

Being that my camera isn't weatherproof, I never leave the bag and take just the camera. I always like having my bag with me in case it starts to rain or I sit down to eat... I just put it away.

As for your original question, I do not have an answer. You could always ask at the front desk of your resort, they may be able to get you an answer.

I did this last June. Went through the no bag entrance with just the camera/50mm lens. No problems with the security person.

I sometimes carry just my camera but also have an ultralight waterproof bag in my pocket (Sea to Summit) in case of rain or wet rides.

I had a security guard get a little weird when I walked through with just my camera worn cross body and stepped to the side to wait for my husband who was getting his bag searched. He insisted that my camera looked "like the kind of camera that should have a special bag"!? He went on a for a few minutes about my missing bag! Slow day, I guess!

I had a security guard get a little weird when I walked through with just my camera worn cross body and stepped to the side to wait for my husband who was getting his bag searched. He insisted that my camera looked "like the kind of camera that should have a special bag"!? He went on a for a few minutes about my missing bag! Slow day, I guess!
WTH? Did he think you were hiding a bag under your shirt or something? So strange.

WTH? Did he think you were hiding a bag under your shirt or something? So strange.

Ha!! I was a bit worried he was going to ask me to remove the lens from the camera so he could "search" something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!