No Cheese Danish! July 23-28 2020

goofy78

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I am very glad to say we returned recently from a wonderful (but different) trip to our favorite place! I will share with you our days, afternoons and nights of dining! We stayed two nights at BWV and three nights at AKV- Kidani. Hope you all enjoy!
IMG_1830.jpg IMG_1522.jpg

Last edited:
We arrived HOME :love: around noon and dropped off our luggage. We headed straight to HS as this was our only day here and was a half day. We wanted to get to all of the parks this trip and this was the best half-day park for us. We rode some rides and headed to our lunch reservation at the HBD. It started pouring when we were called in to be seated. Throughout the entire trip we somehow always escaped getting caught in the rain! We started with the bread service and some drinks. Beer for me and DH.

IMG_1506.jpg IMG_1507.jpg

We ordered the-

Our Famous Cobb Salad
Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, Cobb Dressing.

Shrimp and Grits
Andouille-crusted Shrimp, Cotswald Chive and Onion Grits, Poblano Cream Sauce, Espellette Oil

Andouille-crusted Chicken Breast
Maple-glazed Nueske's Bacon, White Cheddar, Arugula, House-made Pickles, Onion Kaiser Roll, Vegetable Slaw

IMG_1509.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg

Everything was delicious!

After our lunch, we experienced Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad for the first time. I thought it was very cute! I will miss TGMR but this was good enough that I would ride again. DH and DS did not want to leave HS before getting a PB&J shake at 50's Prime Time. We ordered a few food items too (I felt bad going and ordering only shakes).

Beer-battered Onion Rings
with Horseradish Sauce

A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes
Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings

IMG_1518.jpgIMG_1517.jpg

Soooooo........ I wish I didn't feel bad about only ordering shakes! Let's just say never again! 😂

We said goodbye to HS. We decided to take the Skyliner to IG and walk back to BWV. I really enjoyed the Skyliner! Very relaxing! We got situated and ready for our dinner at Morimoto Asia. We arrived around 7:00 pm and again it started down pouring! Everyone at DS was running for cover!

We started with some drinks and apps.

Lychee Martini

absolut elyx and soho lychee liqueur

Crispy Popcorn Shrimp Tempura
signature tempura shrimp, spicy gochujang aioli

Pork Dumplings
pork, napa cabbage, scallion (no picture)

IMG_1526.jpg IMG_1539.jpg

For entrees we ordered-

Morimoto Spare Ribs Half-Rack - 6-rib (another app)
pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze

Tonkotsu Ramen
rich pork broth, egg noodles, roasted pork, soy marinated egg, woodear mushroom, pickled ginger

Morimoto "Buri-Bop"
korean-style yellowtail rice bowl served in a hot clay pot, finished with egg yolk

Morimoto Peking Duck (for two)
carved house-roasted whole duck, served with steamed flour pancakes, apricot sweet chili, hoisin miso and choice of steamed white or brown rice. Half duck orders are not available

IMG_1527.jpgIMG_1540.jpgIMG_1541.jpgIMG_1544.jpg

The ribs are always a favorite. DH had never had them before and he was AMAZED! The ramen got rave reviews, as did the buri-bop. The buri-bop was one of the best things we had eaten! The duck was good- I shared it with DH and realized I have a texture thing with duck? Not sure what it was- it wasn't bad but I would not order it again. Overall, a great first day of dining!

For entrees we ordered-

Morimoto Spare Ribs Half-Rack - 6-rib (another app)
pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze

Tonkotsu Ramen
rich pork broth, egg noodles, roasted pork, soy marinated egg, woodear mushroom, pickled ginger

Morimoto "Buri-Bop"
korean-style yellowtail rice bowl served in a hot clay pot, finished with egg yolk

Morimoto Peking Duck (for two)
carved house-roasted whole duck, served with steamed flour pancakes, apricot sweet chili, hoisin miso and choice of steamed white or brown rice. Half duck orders are not available

View attachment 516315View attachment 516317View attachment 516318View attachment 516319

The ribs are always a favorite. DH had never had them before and he was AMAZED! The ramen got rave reviews, as did the buri-bop. The buri-bop was one of the best things we had eaten! The duck was good- I shared it with DH and realized I have a texture thing with duck? Not sure what it was- it wasn't bad but I would not order it again. Overall, a great first day of dining!
Oh yes! Those Morimoto ribs!

After dinner at Morimoto, we stopped at Amorette's and brought these beauties back to our room. We love it here. Everything is always delicious!

Caramel Sea Salt Eclair

Amorette's Rose

Chocolate Biscuit with Dark Chocolate Mousse, and Raspberry Sauce

Mickey Mousse
Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse and White Chocolate Mousse

IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1535.jpg IMG_1536.jpg

Yay! Always love a dining review. I am cracking myself up b/c I saw the picture of the butter in the second post and before reading immediately knew it was Brown Derby. :rotfl: I think I may have a problem! What a great first day of dining. Everything looked so good.

Yay! Always love a dining review. I am cracking myself up b/c I saw the picture of the butter in the second post and before reading immediately knew it was Brown Derby. :rotfl: I think I may have a problem! What a great first day of dining. Everything looked so good.

Haha! That’s too funny! We had a “not so good experience at HBD before and I am so glad we gave it another try for lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter