No friends on disboard.... :(

I haven't. But I've been reading up. There are all kinds of variations of ride openings etc. Our ADR is 8:15 (PO 9:00 no EMM) we plan to arrive at the turnstiles by 7:30. Word is they let PPO ADR guests in at 7:45 before they open Main Street to public at 8:00. Word also says if we get to BOG before our ADR they will check us in right away no matter the actual time. We plan to preorder and hope to be out by 8:45 and head to 7DMT. I have heard varying reports of others being able to ride before rope drop. But just getting in line before rope drop will be fine for me. If we do get pixie dust and ride before RD we may try and squeeze in PP too. I like the ride but rarely do it because of the line and other priorities. BTW we are also doing BOG lunch that day. I'm too excited about BOG. We missed it by just days of its opening in Nov 2012. And 7MDT was still under construction, another must do for us.

I'm sure you'll be able to find the PPO for two if you keep trying. Even last minute someone is likely to change their mind. Enjoy.

One actually came up today, and I was in the middle of booking it when something went wrong when I went to book it. My solo ADR is for 8:10AM, then my party night on 9/24 I have a dinner at 5:15PM. My friend is only going to be in Orlando for 9/23 and 9/24. She might get to have breakfast at Trattoria al Forno with me on 9/25 but it will depend on her flight back to Arizona. She's a Disney fanatic but I am doing most of the planning since I have the time, with her input of course. On 9/24 we are doing Animal Kingdom that morning with a prepark Tusker House reservation. Just being patient and lining everything up, but managed to get three good character meals(and hey, every guy needs a little princess in his life from time to time, so got that covered in there too).

One actually came up today, and I was in the middle of booking it when something went wrong when I went to book it. My solo ADR is for 8:10AM, then my party night on 9/24 I have a dinner at 5:15PM. My friend is only going to be in Orlando for 9/23 and 9/24. She might get to have breakfast at Trattoria al Forno with me on 9/25 but it will depend on her flight back to Arizona. She's a Disney fanatic but I am doing most of the planning since I have the time, with her input of course. On 9/24 we are doing Animal Kingdom that morning with a prepark Tusker House reservation. Just being patient and lining everything up, but managed to get three good character meals(and hey, every guy needs a little princess in his life from time to time, so got that covered in there too).

Funny, right after I posted that one came available at 8:10AM for two.

hey if they can sit one person - just need another chair to seat 2.

you won't believe how little money I have - retired - so when I go to WDW don't do alot besides the parks. try not to eat out - although if told before hand will do it. I get to stay at BLT (sometimes) - but that is because back in 1993 brought DVC - then it was $62 per point now it is $170?? per point. So there is no way I could afford it today. but live around an hour (sometimes more) from WDW - so do day trips at times. depending upon how crowded the place will be and if I feel like going.

Post on the first thread on this forum or on "When are you Going? Post Your Dates and Find A Match!!! Things to do! Peeps to Meet!" (8th thread from the top). Some people like to meet up, some just want o be on their own. Some of us are planning but have no scheduled trip :sad::sad:.

As far as : " feel left out because I do not have status or wealth to stay in the deluxe resorts or do fancy behind the scenes tours", I think that is your perception. Those that can afford those things are just like those that cannot, and as far as my experience those that can are not judging those that can't.

If you are positive and friendly on your trip, you may find a few people to enjoy your days with.

Have a wonderful trip! :tinker:

I would also suggesting finding your niche on Disboards. I am generally knowledgeable on the resort and dining topics. I do float around here and there to other threads, but resorts and dining are my niche. Your niche might just be helping solo travelers or the adults only thread to discuss adult/solo traveler topics. I don't have any "friends" myself on here, but I have found other users with similar interests and I frequently see them posting on the same threads as me. You will find these same people within your "niche," and eventually strike up a friendship. Best of luck!

While we are no longer traveling as adults only these days (unless i can get the grandparents to watch my......I'll be nice kids) we found that if you go on Facebook to groups of the month you travel sometimes saying hey I am going to be here on this day or something. I have also seen groups do designs people make to note that its the March group or the December group. People put those on the bags or strollers or something.

We went in Dec 15 and while I didn't do the attaching anything to my bag thing I did point out to my husband fellow december group people....he thought i was crazy but I explained to him. I even tried doing a bar set up one night but didn't happen.

I joined disboard forum for a reason to chat with other Disney World fans and hopefully finally make at least one friend on here to meet at the parks. I don't want to sound like a low self-esteem wimp but I enjoy Disney World too and would like to be part of discussions and group meetups and not have to feel left out because I do not have status or wealth to stay in the deluxe resorts or do fancy behind the scenes tours. All I want is just feel like I belong here and not like an outsider....Oh well at least I still have the characters and cast members to keep me company when I visit for 2 weeks in 1 month and it seem so long away I don't think can handle it without support.

If you were going around Sept 19-25 I would invite you to join me and my 2 friends. We're going to Food and Wine Fest and always would love to meet other Dinsey fans.

I actually checked a while back to see whether I was technically middle class and it turns out yes -- bottom end of it. There are definitely some rich folks on this board, but a lot of people -- including a lot in the adult/solo board -- super aren't. Guess that's mostly been covered, though.

Anyway, I've been here a couple years and I wouldn't say I've made any friends. I recognize some users by name/icon now and there are people I like better than others, and I clearly enjoy chatting here enough to keep doing it, but I guess I just haven't really seen messageboards as a place to make lasting friends for a decade or more now. I'll tell you, though, the people who seem tight knit are the ones who keep up on each other's trip reports. I read a lot of TR's but mostly lurk; from what I've seen in their comments the people who look buddy-buddy to me are the ones who put themselves out there keeping up (and commenting) on other people's TRs, building up those relationships and then doing their own TRs in turn.

awww, OP..this message broke my heart. I think most fellow Disboarders would agree that they pay very little attention to what everyone's financial and social status is. For all I know, I might be reading a broke person who saved up for years to do a once in a lifetime WDW trip at a Deluxe resort or reading about a very wealthy person who likes to go every 3 months, therefore keeps it budget friendly off-site. Just engage with all of us, no judging going on here about money...now...about who doesn't give up their bus seats or who doesn't tip well or who blah blah blah...that's another story and people may throw in their 2 cents on those...hahahaha! Thanks for reaching out to us, I'll try to respond every time I see you! :teeth:

If I may ask, have you done BOG prepark before? I have one that morning(9/23) plus a dinner BOG Sunday, and it would be nice to know what to expect.
I have had Pre park opening reservations for BOG a few times. It was very special to walk into an empty MK the first few times, but several months ago they started letting everyone in to MK early and moved the opening show to the castle stage where they hold back the crowds until official park opening. If you have a reservation they let you in on the left to get back to BOG, but the early entry experience is just not the same.

I'm not sure what you were wanting to happen on the boards exactly? Find a trip companion? I'm not sure if anyone would plan a trip with a total stranger, but I'm POSITIVE you can find another Diser for a "dis meet" or 2 if you start reaching out:)

I don't think that WDW budget really has anything to do with it though.

I have had Pre park opening reservations for BOG a few times. It was very special to walk into an empty MK the first few times, but several months ago they started letting everyone in to MK early and moved the opening show to the castle stage where they hold back the crowds until official park opening. If you have a reservation they let you in on the left to get back to BOG, but the early entry experience is just not the same.

I am more concerned with getting deeper into the park than an empty park. I'm hoping to get a bit of a jump on guests without a reservation.

I'm not sure what you were wanting to happen on the boards exactly? Find a trip companion? I'm not sure if anyone would plan a trip with a total stranger, but I'm POSITIVE you can find another Diser for a "dis meet" or 2 if you start reaching out:)

I don't think that WDW budget really has anything to do with it though.
I'm late to the party (as usual) since the OP is headed to WDW this weekend, but agree with just about everything posted. There are thousands of people on the boards - out of all those, you can find at least a few to talk to that have similar interests. It won't necessarily happen overnight - it could take weeks or months. But none of that will happen unless you put yourself out there and offer something that interests people who read your posts. Get to know people, let them get to know you, check the Dis-meet threads and don't get discouraged. Out of curiosity - any update, OP, on your trip starting this weekend?

Also agree that it's not realistic in most instances to meet someone on here and plan on enjoying your trip with them. Maybe it could happen, but most folks aren't going to plan a trip with someone they've never actually met. Think of meet-ups as more like "coffee and a ride" or lunch - enjoy meeting up for 30-60 minutes and moving on.

Try it out and see what happens. If you're really lucky, you might even end up with a Dis-meet with someone as cool as amberpi. Although I think amberpi herself is far too cool to meet with any of us - even if she was up for it I doubt we could handle it.

I'm late to the party (as usual) since the OP is headed to WDW this weekend, but agree with just about everything posted. There are thousands of people on the boards - out of all those, you can find at least a few to talk to that have similar interests. It won't necessarily happen overnight - it could take weeks or months. But none of that will happen unless you put yourself out there and offer something that interests people who read your posts. Get to know people, let them get to know you, check the Dis-meet threads and don't get discouraged. Out of curiosity - any update, OP, on your trip starting this weekend?

Also agree that it's not realistic in most instances to meet someone on here and plan on enjoying your trip with them. Maybe it could happen, but most folks aren't going to plan a trip with someone they've never actually met. Think of meet-ups as more like "coffee and a ride" or lunch - enjoy meeting up for 30-60 minutes and moving on.

Try it out and see what happens. If you're really lucky, you might even end up with a Dis-meet with someone as cool as amberpi. Although I think amberpi herself is far too cool to meet with any of us - even if she was up for it I doubt we could handle it.

Or even hanging out at Jellyrolls after the park.

Perhaps if you play your cards right I'll stalk your next trip like a cartoon bunny rabbit (I don't suppose I should name names on the Dis), and just show up at Rose & Crown as you're having a beer and join you! Then you'll find out how cool I really am, or am not?

Perhaps if you play your cards right I'll stalk your next trip like a cartoon bunny rabbit (I don't suppose I should name names on the Dis), and just show up at Rose & Crown as you're having a beer and join you! Then you'll find out how cool I really am, or am not?
I'm pretty sure that the rules around here impose a ban for naming competing WB properties - or if not a ban, at least sending you over a cliff with an ACME anvil in hand or comically dropping a grand piano on your head.

And if I'm stalked by someone cool, would that make me cool by proxy? I mean - I've been called a lot of things (even some others that start with the letter "c") but never cool. I'll be sure to keep the sunglasses on in case you show up and I have to bask in your coolness (or at least so no one recognizes me as someone terribly uncool).

You could go on, but then you really would get banned if you got all of them.

And I'm never playing you in Scrabble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter